PDA

View Full Version : Length/Make of A-arm ??

nacs400ex
06-12-2003, 06:28 AM
Ok, This summer I am gunna be getting some cash. So I am gunna get an axle and A-arms. My axle will either be RPM or LSR.

But for A-arms I dont really know what kind to get. I want my quad pretty much as wide as possible without going to long travel.

I am going to race MX, so I dont have to worry about trails. I see most people have +2's, But is it possible to have +3's ??

I need to know what company to go with.. I dont want some crappy made a-arms that are gunna break, but I dont wanna pay big $$$. So if you could recommend what a-arms and how wide that would be great.

Thanks
Craig

nacs400ex
06-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Just did a little searching and found JB racing makes +3 a-arms how are the qualtity on these, and how are they to deal with?

EXracer8604
06-12-2003, 06:57 AM
I would get either lonstar, houser, leager, JD, or burgard for the money wise your talking about.

skemp
06-12-2003, 07:33 AM
I am going to be getting Houser +2's

nacs400ex
06-12-2003, 09:00 AM
Anyone have any pics of Standard with +3's or even +2's I wanna see how much of a difference the width actually is.

nateftbl
06-12-2003, 10:12 AM
hey I heard there is a new company in IL making awesome a arms for a really good price. Ill find out info for ya and get back to ya

DEAL
06-12-2003, 10:15 AM
get +3s , theres no width restrictions in Canada for racing.
Go with houser.
You could try strong arm but I find them over priced.

Fleshwound
06-12-2003, 10:23 AM
go with JD Performance i have a pair of +3's...
they are built exactly like leagers but not as expensive...
i will try to get some pics...

400exBro
06-12-2003, 10:25 AM
does jrd make +3 standered??
i suggest them, or houser...

but for the cash LT is ssssoooo much better.... once you go lt you never go back

Fleshwound
06-12-2003, 10:27 AM
no i dont think jrd mech. makes standard travel at all...
i am very happy with my JD performance, reasonable price, great service, quick shipping...

nacs400ex
06-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Well fleshwound I will see you at the nationals so I could just see it in person:blah: Are you the dude the the sweet shift vest or is that the other guy. Cause theres usually 3 people at Forums trailer, and you guys have 400ex's. I know JRD mech. doesnt make standard travel cause I was at their site.

Also did you ride your shocks with stock a-arms.. or did you just go straight to the +3's. Cause I wanna know how much of a difference this is gunna be:D If I get +3's what size of offset should I get, or just stay with stock rims for the time being?

Fleshwound
06-12-2003, 12:50 PM
haha nah the guy with the shift vest is luke...
yeah i rode my elkas for a couple races while they are set up for +3's on stock arms it wasnt as bad as you would think...
and i am running stock rims with them also...
so yea i guess you will see me at the races on sunday...

i will be at forums trailer, oh yeah my quad is yellow now!!:D

400exBro
06-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Fleshwound
haha nah the guy with the shift vest is luke...
yeah i rode my elkas for a couple races while they are set up for +3's on stock arms it wasnt as bad as you would think...
and i am running stock rims with them also...
so yea i guess you will see me at the races on sunday...

i will be at forums trailer, oh yeah my quad is yellow now!!:D

WTF are you serious...???:eek2: i thought you hated yellow quads?? or is that luke then... i remeber one of you two said that you hated yellow... or i was hearing things again, first race at gpher...

one word of advise nacs... don't ever every buy splash n dirt number plates... because they are ****, i am going to have to scotch tape mine down so it stays on and looks have decent...

BTW- i guess i won't be arriving in my unimog, we blew a break line tonight, so i guess we will be in the car, black ml320 with gray trailer...

Fleshwound
06-12-2003, 02:18 PM
hahaha nah that was luke...
i messed up my plastic in the same scuffle that messed up my shock rezzy, and i wanted yellow anyway so i got it!!

and i put on some splashndirt backgrounds????:ermm:

400exBro
06-12-2003, 02:22 PM
ya but you got the maier hood don't you?? i think, it looks killer yellow and black looks awsome...

ya the splash n dirt number plate is ****, mine was put on okay, except for one air bubble and now the whole thing is lifting every day, i am thinking about cutting... but i might be getting a hood soon or the yzf 450 so i don't want to spend anymore. and it does stick as nice as the nacs ones, i have a nacs laying around by the stupid shipping company ripped the front one so guy sent me a new one....

Fleshwound
06-12-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah i havent put my hood on yet though...
i am really rushing to get ready and i dont have time for stuff like that...
yeah i already hacked my plastic:devil:

400exBro
06-12-2003, 02:29 PM
nice, i haven't hacked my front fender yet becuase if i sell it, i think that i will get more dough with the full fender then with shaved... i was going too, but thing kind of back fired on me with the release of the yzf 450 and other stuff, so right now i don't now what too do...

i have a real itch to race... i think its been over a month now since i have been on the track... now i am not holding back i want to see how well i do when i push myself to ride harder...

Fleshwound
06-13-2003, 09:33 AM
yeah no holdin back this race!!:devil: