PDA

View Full Version : Ohio teen killed in atv accident

Foxyangel0425
06-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Teen Dies In ATV Accident
Teen Visiting From Tennessee

POSTED: 7:42 a.m. EDT June 11, 2003

LORAIN, Ohio -- A teenager was killed in an all terrain vehicle crash Tuesday, NewsChannel5 reported.

The teen was visiting from Tennessee, police said.

The teen got permission from his brother to drive the ATV. It flipped over in a muddy area and the boy wasn't found for several hours.

Police said they are still gathering information on the case.

newsnet5.com (cleveland, OH)

http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

blondie69
06-12-2003, 01:08 AM
awwwh:( thats sad. 1 lil mistake and your lifes gone....makes u think:eek:

tazdevil27
06-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Had a fatal crash here in Australia last weekend.

2am and riding on a restricted beach some guy crashed into rocks.
Rider was killed and passenger badly injured.

Bad news for everyone.
Very sad for those involved and more fuel to the anti ATV fire.

06-12-2003, 02:23 AM
So he flipped over and the atv came on top of him and he couldnt get out from under it?....... ALWAYS RIDE WITH A FRIEND!!

UglyMotha™
06-12-2003, 02:29 AM
from what i heard he was caught under it and couldn't get out and drown

that happend right over where i ride every weekend:(

dirtmomma
06-12-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by bobby88
So he flipped over and the atv came on top of him and he couldnt get out from under it?....... ALWAYS RIDE WITH A FRIEND!!

I 2nd that!!!!!!!!! We never ride with less than 2 people...it just doesn't make sense to go out alone:confused: sorry to hear about anohter accident though it just is NOT good for our sport!!

OutlawEX
06-12-2003, 04:51 AM
that sucks i bet that 2 timing wh@re that is trying to get rid of quads will bring this up:(

LapTraffic
06-12-2003, 05:54 AM
My friends were riding out on their property on utility quads and the lead guy went through a ditch crossing that they like to do. This time his polaris 500 rolled over and he got trapped underneath.

The other rider was laughing his ***** off because it's a cow pasture and the water in the ditch is appropriately 'flavored'

But when the first riders head went under as the weight of the quad pushed him down into the mud at the bottom the laughing stopped and he jumped in and managed to get the atv off the guy and help him out.

Pretty scary stuff.

EXracer8604
06-12-2003, 06:26 AM
That sucks to hear, when im riding behind my house my mom always comes out and check on me in the feild, but when i go somewheres to ride, i alwyas have somebody with me.

400exrules
06-12-2003, 06:33 AM
wut part of Tn is he from cuz i could know him and not know it

UglyMotha™
06-12-2003, 07:20 AM
don't have a clue they seem to be keeping hush hush about it and not giving any details they just mentioned he was from tenn the only thing i know is he was killed in lorain off of baumhardt

RoadkillerRyan
06-12-2003, 08:08 AM

true

Rrider4life8
06-12-2003, 08:42 AM
2 words man ............. buddy system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JessetheKid
06-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Man thats sad i live in lorain county , ugly motha where is it that uride in lorain or is in lorain county cuz i have ridden a couple places in lorain

UglyMotha™
06-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by JessetheKid
Man thats sad i live in lorain county , ugly motha where is it that uride in lorain or is in lorain county cuz i have ridden a couple places in lorain

i somtimes ride at the dump but to me it sucks anymore most of the time when it's not muddy i ride over there on baumhardt right as you get off of route 2 right on the other side of the tracks, i guess where that kid got killed was right there only on the east side of baumhardt and i always ride on the west, where do you ride at in lorain county, i actually live in medina county

JessetheKid
06-12-2003, 09:21 AM
I usually ride at the black track off of pearl road it is swwet cuz it dont gt wet cuz it is a old csx switchin yard i have heard of baumhard but i am not really sure where it is maybe it is the same spot??IF it is that really sucks that that would happen oh andd my moms bf has ridden in the dumps and i konw a couple friends that ride there

UglyMotha™
06-12-2003, 09:24 AM
you talking about the place over there close to the dumps thats all black cinders i got a buddy that rides over there when it's muddy at other places cause it never gets muddy there, he's been wanting to take me but doesn't know how to get me in there cause him and his buddies are on dirtbikes and he said the trail they take is to tight for my quad how do you get in there, maybe somtime i'll come and ride with ya

JessetheKid
06-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Yep dude thats the place it is sweet it gets u in shape cuz it is one constant section of like whoops it i s hard to go fullout, we just p8ll are truck and trailler upnext to this old building and knowone says anytthing where do u live and do u race any CRA?????

quadrcr87
06-12-2003, 09:39 AM
in michigan a 6 year old was driving a utility quad with a 12 year old on back. he hit a tree flipped and they were pinned under water in a ditch. by the time the 12 year old got out the 6 year old drowned! neither of them should ever have been on that heavy quad at all

Foxyangel0425
06-12-2003, 11:43 AM

i don't know what happened for sure, thats all their web page posted on the story, and thats all that was on the local news. :confused:

UglyMotha™
06-13-2003, 01:45 AM
ok here's the full scoop they finally put an article with info in it, well he was out in what they call the wetlands when his left front tire caught a rut in a puddle causing his rear end to raise up and flip over on top of him (musta been hauling the mail) pinning him underneath the quad and suffocating him that bought sums it up no the dissapointing part the article was on the front page and in huge bold letters the header read, corner*sp blames atv for death of 14 year old and the whole article talked about how dangerous atvs are and they should be banned he called them pointless toys that do nothing more than hurt people, wtf :huh how can you blame the atv for killing people it's not like the movie christine where the car comes to life and starts killing people the atv only does what you tell it to if anybody is to be blamed it's the parents, its there fault they should have never let a 14 year old go off on quad designed for adult without supervision :mad:

blondie69
06-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr87
in michigan a 6 year old was driving a utility quad with a 12 year old on back. he hit a tree flipped and they were pinned under water in a ditch. by the time the 12 year old got out the 6 year old drowned! neither of them should ever have been on that heavy quad at all

i drove a utility quad when i was 6.....but my brother was on back with me most of the time (he woulda been..14). I never went alone until i was about 7 or 8. :huh

crap-banshee32
06-13-2003, 02:08 AM
:(

UglyMotha™
06-13-2003, 02:30 AM
If anyone is interested here is the article

The Chronicle-Telegram

LORAIN — Coroner Paul Matus has been a longtime opponent of children riding all-terrain vehicles.

The death Tuesday of 14-year-old Kevin Green reinforced his convictions.

Kevin, of Tennessee, was killed Tuesday when the ATV he was driving flipped over and landed on top of him.

On Wednesday, Matus expressed anger over the boy’s death.

“These things (ATVs) are just dangerous, stupid things,” Matus said. “The number of accidents on ATVs are just astronomical. It just makes me furious. We’ve had 6-year-old kids killed on these things.

“(Kids) have no sense of speed, trajectory or balance. These parents get off without criminal charges every time, and they usually end up suing the company that makes these ATVs.”

Kevin, who was in Lorain visiting his brother, Tim Card, was traveling west in a muddy grass field near West Erie Avenue close to FirstEnergy’s electrical towers when he was killed, Lorain police Officer Rick Soto said.

Matus said Kevin, who was wearing a helmet, was crushed when the large ATV flipped over and landed on him.

“The front left tire (of the ATV) struck a rut in the puddle, causing the rear of the ATV to lift and the front left cover (to dig) into the puddle, thus causing the ATV and Green to flip, with Green being ejected,” a police report stated.

Card, a Sheffield Village paramedic, was at work when the accident occurred.

“His brother was working, and apparently they had a phone conversation. (Card told Kevin) that it was OK to ride in the back yard,” Matus said.

Card found his brother’s body at 5:30 p.m., about
41/2 hours after the boy borrowed the ATV, Matus said.

Officials have not yet determined who owns the land where the accident occurred.

wb300ex
06-13-2003, 02:41 AM
:(

400exrules
06-13-2003, 06:18 AM
i agree wiht UglyMotha 100%, and ATV only does wut the driver tells it to do and if a kid is killed on one, then either he or another atv rider told the atv to do the wrong thing and its not the quads fault. Now im not saying its the kids fault that he died, im just saying that ppl need to reconsider before they let there little kid go ride alone, because he getting injured or killed can ruin the sport for everyone, all because of the parents decision to let them ride young and alone on a big quad not there size