PDA

View Full Version : bike is 2 wheelin in corners?

abcracing
06-11-2003, 04:47 PM
when your corning and your bike tips up on its 2 side wheels what is the best way to fix that.i have always added air pressure but i want to know if there is a way to do it with your shock set up or should i just keep doing it with air pressure. thanks for your info

Moded86R
06-11-2003, 05:30 PM
There are a few ways to fix this.

#1 change you riding style.Lean more,Slide the rear around the corner,etc,etc.

#2 you can get some aftermarket wheels withmore off-set.Make your bike a little wider.

#3 Get some wider A-arms and axle.This will of course make your bike wider and give alot more stabilty.You will probably need new front shocks due to the extra leverage of the longer A-arms.

That is all I can think of.Of course you probably choose the first choice because it is cheapest.Plus it will make you a better rider.

Bill Fuller
06-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Increase the amount of preload on the shock or if it's adjustable add some compression.

06-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Suspension!!

wilkin250r
06-12-2003, 04:14 AM
Slow down in the corners.

RIjon
06-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Lean & goose

Doibugu2
06-12-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by RIjon
Lean & goose

half of getting out of a corner is preparing when you go in. Get your arse on the inside of the corner and let the throttle rip. You'll get through it.

AZblaster44
06-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
half of getting out of a corner is preparing when you go in. Get your arse on the inside of the corner and let the throttle rip. You'll get through it.

:) works real well:) most of the time anyway:ermm:

OutlawEX
06-12-2003, 11:49 AM
get a +1 1/4 swingarm that will take all the worry away

abcracing
06-12-2003, 04:34 PM
well guys i already have everythign you have said.i am the legal limit of 50 inches and i do have the 1 1/4 extended swing arm.my bike doesn't 2 wheel all the time but when i does is what i was wondering about.when i raced at casey 2 weeks ago no matter how i set the bike up it still 2 wheeled.thanks for your help so far and hope i can get some more help.

RytM1
06-13-2003, 01:48 AM
Have you tried adjusting the camber (I think that is the adjustment I am thinking of). This is where when you look at the wheels from the front, the tops of the wheels are leaned inward. I'm not sure how far you can angle them before you cause damage. I have a buddy that used to race MX and did this to his. I'll see if I can get ahold of him and find out how far you can go.

QuadTrix6
06-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by abcracing
well guys i already have everythign you have said.i am the legal limit of 50 inches and i do have the 1 1/4 extended swing arm.my bike doesn't 2 wheel all the time but when i does is what i was wondering about.when i raced at casey 2 weeks ago no matter how i set the bike up it still 2 wheeled.thanks for your help so far and hope i can get some more help.

what suspension are you running cause its def not setup right if your two wheeling and your at 50 inches :eek: