PDA

View Full Version : Battery/key re-mount (400ex)

hondaracer31
06-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Here is how I re-located the battery and key on my 440ex...

hondaracer31
06-11-2003, 04:07 PM

hondaracer31
06-11-2003, 04:08 PM
last one....

OutlawEX
06-11-2003, 04:41 PM
I have heard alot of ppl doing that,just couldnt picture it,but now ic good job

Bill Fuller
06-11-2003, 07:35 PM
I don't understand the use of movig the battery.:confused: It seems to me like it would obstruct the flow of air to the oil cooler,even with the scoops.Not trying to flame just curious.;)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I talked to my boy, he was drunk...said he was sorry.
..We ganna fixed that tomarrow..not right now, couse we still kinda drunk an' all..:huh

06-12-2003, 02:46 AM
Have you jumped or rode hard to see if it's gonna fall out halfway down the trail????

UglyMotha™
06-12-2003, 03:04 AM
ya i don't think that could be to good for the oil cooler specially on a 440 so whatch got holding it there duct tape or zip ties

hondaracer31
06-12-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
ya i don't think that could be to good for the oil cooler specially on a 440 so whatch got holding it there duct tape or zip ties
Well it has not gotten hot yet and it's been like that for 1 full season. I do change the oil after every race. I took the mount and box off of the subframe, did some welding, and mounted it up there. It actually sits right on top of the shock mounts so it is very strong. JB Racing actually sells a bolt-in kit to mount the battery in the same place now. So I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.;) I also was able to rebiuld my Lonestar sub-frame so that it is much stronger now. Without the battery on the side of the sub-frame I made that bottom tube strate(sp?). So it is now a triangle.

hondaracer31
06-12-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Have you jumped or rode hard to see if it's gonna fall out halfway down the trail????
Oh yes.........I've tested it:eek: :D
2 weeks ago I crashed it VERY hard. I landed a 4th gear half throttle jump and a bottom ball joint broke. I then went off the upper corner of a 60' triple!:eek: The quad tumbled end-over-end several times. I was lucky I had a good helmut on or I wouldn't be here now! The helmut is broke, I don't remember anything frome the day of the crash or the next day, and the shoulder pad of my chest protector got ripped off. I have a badly smashed clavicle and that's all. I know I'm lucky!
The quad tumbled hard enuff to break all the ball joints, break both tie rods, bent one a-arm, bent an AC bumper, and bent an AC grab bar. The battery is still in there fine, it never moved, and my re-worked sub-frame is still strait!
Now all I need is new a-arms and my shoulder to heel!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, I hope to be at the next Rausch ride..............

RIjon
06-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Wouldn't you want the weight in the Rear :confused:

hondaracer31
06-12-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by RIjon
Wouldn't you want the weight in the Rear :confused:
I thought about that before I did it too, but I didn't notice any differance in the way it handles or jumps. Besides, with the battery hanging on the side of the sub-frame, I kept bending it.(the sub-frame):rolleyes:

mxdave28
06-12-2003, 08:11 AM
Thanks Barry for the pics....kinda hard to tell how ya did the key but, at least i can see where it was mounted. trust me guys Hondaracer31 is a jumper and rides hard core. here are some action pics from the track we race at.

mxdave28
06-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Gettin froggy over the one triple....he pulled off a nice landing by the way. IMO nice tail whip Hondaracer31 !!:devil: