PDA

View Full Version : skipping rock's!!!!!!!!!!!!

flaneledholes
06-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Ok, lets get started.... I just cleaned my air filter (twice) and the first time I put too much oil on it (regulr motor oil, please dont flame me for using this!) I knew I had too much oil because I could see the oil being burned when I looked at my pipe, black smoke everywhere!!!! So, my second time around, I did it right, and well, now all it wants to do is bog down when I get it over 3000 rpm, but after like 5500 rpm, it just kicks back in??? It will go sometimes without any skip, but after you let off the gas, and get back on it, it will be hesatant for like 3 se. kinda like a 2 smoker... And please dont tell me it is a jetting problem... May be a problem in the carb, but I have my jetting correct:D :)

Doibugu2
06-11-2003, 11:57 AM
You may have clogged something in the carb. Take the filter off and take a rag and stick it in the air boot. (Hold onto it) And rev up the engine. Don't let it die though. Do this a couple of times and see if it sucks everything threw.

chad502ex
06-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
Ok, lets get started.... I just cleaned my air filter (twice) and the first time I put too much oil on it (regulr motor oil, please dont flame me for using this!) I knew I had too much oil because I could see the oil being burned when I looked at my pipe, black smoke everywhere!!!! So, my second time around, I did it right, and well, now all it wants to do is bog down when I get it over 3000 rpm, but after like 5500 rpm, it just kicks back in??? It will go sometimes without any skip, but after you let off the gas, and get back on it, it will be hesatant for like 3 se. kinda like a 2 smoker... And please dont tell me it is a jetting problem... May be a problem in the carb, but I have my jetting correct:D :)

flame- i mean flane. someone should flame you for using motor oil on air cleaner, just kidd'n. Never heard such a thing. The thing is motor oil would prevent the air from flowing evenly thru the filter because the motor oil is alot thicker than air cleaner oil and is design to flow air. motor oil cools, and air cleaner is really meant to make the dust stick to the outside of the filter, but flow the air thru. I would get $10 and buy some air cleaner oil and spray evenly but clean it first. Then if your motor still skips then maybe we can help you dial your motor in a littl better. First things first, man...

Chad502EX.com

flaneledholes
06-11-2003, 01:26 PM
OK... Filter oil is on my list of "to-get" things... Probably will get it tonight!!! I am going to go out and try the rag thing as soon as it quits raining....:D

Thank both of you!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :)

Pappy
06-11-2003, 01:29 PM
lol..he will be back in 10 minutes wanting to know how to get a rag out of the cylinder:devil: lmfao

anywhereEx
06-11-2003, 01:33 PM
:eek: sonia****** how do I get this rag out:D

flaneledholes
06-11-2003, 01:45 PM
OK!!!! I tried the rag trick... And well, no more missing out totally!!!!!!! Now it just skip's real hard after I let off the gas and get back on it... I mean... The motor acts as if someone turned off the key and let it rev down for 3 seconds, and then turned it back on!!!!! Some more help is greatly appreciated!!!! And I have ordered the oil already... That is another mistake I will never make again!

Pappy
06-11-2003, 01:46 PM
maybe you fouled a plug:ermm:

flaneledholes
06-11-2003, 01:46 PM
OH!!! And guys, just so that you know, I held onto the rag real tight!!!! I wasn't bound to let that booger get up in there!! lol.. but dont figure me for a dumbass, I know more than what you think!;)

flaneledholes
06-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Pappy, it would not even start if I fouled a plug, correct?

Chef
06-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I think its too rich man. What did the plug look like when you took it out?

06-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol..he will be back in 10 minutes wanting to know how to get a rag out of the cylinder:devil: lmfao

LOL that is great :D

Pappy
06-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
Pappy, it would not even start if I fouled a plug, correct?

depends...ive had that situation before and a fresh plug straightened that mofo right out....worth a try. im also thinking you sucked some oil thru the filter and maybe coated the plug.

nastynotchback1
06-11-2003, 02:28 PM
you can foul a plug and it still run but it will run real bad

flaneledholes
06-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Welp, I guess a plug check is on my list for tomorrow!:)