PDA

View Full Version : T-4 Packing

Ryan300exRider
06-11-2003, 10:22 AM
How do you change the packing on the new t-4's for my 400ex......Also my friend is running his without the packing because he likes it louder....is that safe i dont c why not but post ur opinions....:devil:

White_Knuckles
06-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro-Circuit sells a repacking kit that is pre-cut to fit the T-4 for under $20. Back out the end caps three allen screws and your there. Slide out the inner core, remove the old packing, wrap on the new. This should be done yearly. Basic bike shop packing can be used but you need to cut the stuff to fit.

Your friend is a ninny. The pipe is optimised to give the best range of performance with packing which adds slight backpressure to the exhaust flow - this is good. Removing the packing will make for a straight through pipe which is noisy and a dumb kid trick. Yes, you may quote my comment that he is a ninny in that he is a ninny! :blah:

Ryan300exRider
06-11-2003, 11:14 AM
ok thanks i'll be sure to tell him ;)

Ryan300exRider
06-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Another question.....What if you were to take the silencer right out of the pipe i dont think that would hurt the pipe ?? it would then be like a dg pipe since its straight through it would only be bigger....:ermm:

White_Knuckles
06-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Why mess with Pro-Circuit's Research and development? Do ya think they should sell noise makers instead of performance pipes? Pulling out the guts will make it NOT work as designed.

Geeez you guys could save a lot of cash making your own pipes out of plumming parts that go blat blat blat and annoy everyone. Hey maybe even touch off a couple field or forest fires while your at it.

Just chop her off 6" back from the head pipe...It'll scream, maybe even throw flames! Buy a few exhaust valves cause your gonna burn 'em doing NINNY tricks.

Oh, and please don't pursue an engineering career.