PDA

View Full Version : Attn Ben I got ripped off

luvmyex
06-11-2003, 09:10 AM
I sent mean400 a money order for $77 for a set of plastics.THis was monday last week that he supposedly sent the plastic.He will not give a tracking #.But said he checked and was to be here by last Friday. I have sent him several Pm's and even emailed him with no responce.I just got a pm from another member wich i cant reply to but he was taken also.I still have all the pm's that were sent before he recived the check.With his name and address.Please help me out or tell me what needs to be done.Thanks,Rick

Chanman420q
06-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
I sent mean400 a money order for $77 for a set of plastics.THis was monday last week that he supposedly sent the plastic.He will not give a tracking #.But said he checked and was to be here by last Friday. I have sent him several Pm's and even emailed him with no responce.I just got a pm from another member wich i cant reply to but he was taken also.I still have all the pm's that were sent before he recived the check.With his name and address.Please help me out or tell me what needs to be done.Thanks,Rick

shoulda done COD :(

sorry man shlt happens.... id get him banned

AtvMxRider
06-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
shoulda done COD :(

sorry man shlt happens.... id get him banned

I believe he has already been banned.

JabberJaw
06-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Change his name to just "MEAN".

luvmyex
06-11-2003, 09:20 AM
i could care less if he is banned.I want his *** bbq'ed. and my money back

JabberJaw
06-11-2003, 09:24 AM
We do that at the Sizzler all the time! Just tell em it made you sick!

luvmyex
06-11-2003, 02:38 PM
:confused: wish it was that easy.

tryken
06-11-2003, 02:43 PM
If you have the address then call the local police for that address and let them know what happened. If it is a vacant house then you can have them fingerprint that mailbox or something. If that doesn't work then maybe Ben can give you his ip address and you can trace it to his internet service provider. If he is using a public computer (library or something) then if you have the dates and times he communicated with you then maybe you can still trace it back to the crook.

tants
06-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Change his name to just "MEAN".

:D

Tlongs400
06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
hey luvmyex,sounds like we bought the same plastic that sob ripped me off to--something needs to be done :mad:

Striker49
06-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by tryken
If you have the address then call the local police for that address and let them know what happened. If it is a vacant house then you can have them fingerprint that mailbox or something. If that doesn't work then maybe Ben can give you his ip address and you can trace it to his internet service provider. If he is using a public computer (library or something) then if you have the dates and times he communicated with you then maybe you can still trace it back to the crook.

He doesnt have much proof though for the police. Obviously he didnt get a reciept...he's pretty much screwed on that end. :ermm:

**** happens dude, thats why I like to meet people face to face. lol.

Good luck, hope everything turns out aight. :)

bsb64
06-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Did you send him a check? Trace it, find out where and by who it was cashed. Mail fraud is a perty heavy crime if you can prove it. Federal offense.

flyin#5
06-11-2003, 03:39 PM
get some anthrax and send it to his house:devil: that will take care of the theiving b@stard:D

dbsbl1
06-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
get some anthrax and send it to his house:devil: that will take care of the theiving b@stard:D

lmao...

crazybuffalo
06-11-2003, 04:29 PM
that sux for you, the same thing happened to me on ebay

roostin_dale
06-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5

sounds like a plan to me!!!:D

MEL
06-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by bsb64
Did you send him a check? Trace it, find out where and by who it was cashed. Mail fraud is a perty heavy crime if you can prove it. Federal offense.
same thing happened to me with quadgod440ex. i filed mail faud against him.:) hes got another 23 days to make it right with me before they press charges.

crap-banshee32
06-12-2003, 01:29 AM
hmmm, thats the only bad part about buying and selling parts on here!! u never know who u can trust!! thats why i usually just save up and buy my parts from a dealer!!!!

sry yo hear about that and i hope u get that guy for doing that!!!

06-12-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
hmmm, thats the only bad part about buying and selling parts on here!! u never know who u can trust!! thats why i usually just save up and buy my parts from a dealer!!!!

sry yo hear about that and i hope u get that guy for doing that!!! or deal with members on here that post quite a bit of good info....cuz a lotta times if they post quite a bit then there worth trusting to buy/sell with..and on ebay..ALWAYS check their feedback......

Mxbubs
06-12-2003, 05:38 AM
You guys need to set up your own feedback page and link it like I did.:D

JLanphear
06-12-2003, 06:48 AM
Maybe this thread will help...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59692

Posted by him confirming where he lives. Also looks like "blasterbtw" has met him. Maybe he can help you out.

Sorry to here you got taken, the internet sucks in that aspect. There are tons of honest people out there, but there are also idiots like this.

I bought a part off of ebay and I needed it fast, the guy actually sent it to me standard overnight before he even received my payment. Too bad everybody isn't like that.

Hope you get your money back bro.

-Josh

luvmyex
06-12-2003, 10:26 AM
this was the 4th or 5th time ive bought from somebody on this site.Other than a little delayed shipping i have had good results.Even some great deals.Seems his got three others on here too, maybe more.He supposedly is refunding the money,I'll belive it when i get it.Right!I know some of yall have met this scumbag.And i wish yall would bust him a new ***!We dont need sorry POS like that on this site.

Leo
06-13-2003, 12:02 AM
3 easy steps;

1 - do a quick search to see if bad things have been posted about the seller previously

2 - before sending money, get a phone number and CALL IT to verify that it really is there phone number!

3 - use paypal funded from a credit card (good buyer protection) in some cases that isn't an option.. if you can't use paypal, us a US POSTAL MONEY ORDER and KEEP the reciept..!

If the person is new with no type of feedback / history on the site, and the deal seems to good to be true, then the 'ole BS meter should be pegged out, probably a good item to pass on..

I've had nothing but good luck buying stuff off this site, or the 'net in general following this format.. #2 seperates out the losers in a hurry BTW.

Leo

luvmyex
06-13-2003, 04:38 AM
I was kinda leary beeing he was kinda new to the site.But i did it anyway.I did pay be Money order,still have reciept.The phone # is a good idea.I wll do that next time.Sure would like to catch this punk in a alley though.

DaveEX7
06-13-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
I was kinda leary beeing he was kinda new to the site.But i did it anyway.I did pay be Money order,still have reciept.The phone # is a good idea.I wll do that next time.Sure would like to catch this punk in a alley though.

If he hears that hel prob wanna bulk up:macho :muscle: