PDA

View Full Version : was shipping from curtis sparks good?

cals400ex
06-11-2003, 06:04 AM
i was just wondering how long it took to recieve sparks items that you ordered? how about c and d? i will be ordering an x-6 from one of these places and i would like it in a one week period from the time i order it. is this possible or do i need to give them more time? thanks

06-11-2003, 06:06 AM
i got my sparks x-6, air filter, and jets, plus some cool free stickers, in 3 days...and this was from sparks

cals400ex
06-11-2003, 08:15 AM
i gave them both a call and sparks said around 4 days usually and c and d said around a week and a half. by the way, if we order from c and d, do the members here get a discount like 10% off or something? the going price for an x-6 ceramic is $450 and stainless is $480 at c and d. this is cheaper than going through sparks. i was just wondering because i know for some items we get a 10% discount for being members.

lilpoppy
06-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Pretty sure you got the discount

Giz400ex
06-11-2003, 12:22 PM
From C&D, they usually have the ceramics in stock, stainless is something you might have to wait a bit!!

yellow400rider
06-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i was just wondering how long it took to recieve sparks items that you ordered? how about c and d? i will be ordering an x-6 from one of these places and i would like it in a one week period from the time i order it. is this possible or do i need to give them more time? thanks

ill let u know...i ordered mine from sparks monday and should have it tommorrow :) but im norcal only 4 hrs away from sparks so no reason it should take loneg

c&d has great service...ordered from them before. i went with sparks since i have been dealing with scott there for a few months and felt bad if i didnt order it through them hehe

cant wait to get this baby!!!! :D

06-11-2003, 03:40 PM
heh i can tell u this...u sure wont regret it :D

06-11-2003, 03:48 PM
i ordered a set of clutch springs from sparks and get in 3 days and were packed very good in a box muxh bigger than needed, nothiong but good things to say about them

JD400exrider
06-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Hey yellow400rider.

How are you going to get by the noise cops in CA. I would have one of those pipes. There checking almost everywhere i ride. You in the bay area. I am up in sactown

cals400ex
06-11-2003, 06:47 PM
maybe i did get the discount, but i sure did not tell him i was an exriders member. also, he did not have either in stock. he had one ceramic but just sold it right before i called. he said it would be a week and a half. sparks said less than a week. i think i am getting the stainless steel. they said it won't rust as easy and it can be polished where the ceramic can't. however, he said the ceramic would yield a little more power since the ceramic keeps the heat in and away from the engine. he said it would act like heat wrap that you put on headers of a car. however, there will be no seat of the pants gain or loss of the ceramic vs. stainless according to c & d.

yellow400rider
06-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
Hey yellow400rider.

How are you going to get by the noise cops in CA. I would have one of those pipes. There checking almost everywhere i ride. You in the bay area. I am up in sactown

im not haha

ill b heading to pismo at the end of the month and well c how things go down there. that will b my first test w/ the pipe.

i hear it is close to 100 db's :eek: my friend has a db meter so im going to test it before i ride.

but seriously im really not all that worried about it. i know ill get checked eventually. but i was out at hollister over the weekend and i didnt c it being enforced. there was a loud *&# raptor on the track and no problems.

most of my riding is done on some fire roads up highway 4 right by arnold. dont have to worry about anyone up there :D

have u been checked or heard of people having problems?

sorry for the long post hehe

on z throttle
06-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
heh i can tell u this...u sure wont regret it :D I agree, no regrets here