PDA

View Full Version : clutch is hard to pull

gasit400
06-11-2003, 05:53 AM
i went riding the other day in some mud and towards the end of the ride i flipped on a creek bank and ended up upside down in the creek the water wasn't very deep but since then my clutch has been really hard to pull. The lever and cable work freely when not attached to the lever on the case. anybody ever have this happen before? Or any ideas?

White_Knuckles
06-11-2003, 10:39 AM
It's the cable. Pull off the cable on both ends. At the lever end make a funnel out of masking tape winding up from the cable metal sleeve. Squirt a 1/2 inch of WD-40 into the funnel and work the cable up and down (with your fingers) while twisting and twirling. Note the black gook coming out the engine end. Re-install after 2-3 applications.

If that's not it buy a new cable. The cable may seem free by your test but it's restrictive under the clutch load 'cause there's dirt in there...trust me and try it. ;)

Chino
06-11-2003, 11:17 AM
White Knuckles couldnt' have said it better myself

chad502ex
06-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by gasit400
i went riding the other day in some mud and towards the end of the ride i flipped on a creek bank and ended up upside down in the creek the water wasn't very deep but since then my clutch has been really hard to pull. The lever and cable work freely when not attached to the lever on the case. anybody ever have this happen before? Or any ideas?

gasit, Buy hydrolic, its awesome even with stiff CR500 clutch springs and shims its still easy as pie to pull

Chad502EX.com

gasit400
06-11-2003, 01:48 PM
thanks guys i'll give it a try. :D