PDA

View Full Version : Holy! Pastrana.

p@iNn3ck
06-11-2003, 12:46 AM
First thing I read when I came in this morning was bad news about Pastrana.....

A local daredevil known worldwide for his breathtaking motorcycle stunts was seriously injured early this morning when his Corvette crashed into a tree in Davidsonville.
Travis Alan Pastrana, 19, of Davidsonville was flown by helicopter to the Prince George's Hospital Center Trauma Unit, where he was in serious but stable condition, county police said.

His passenger, Matthew Scott Bigos, 20, of Merritt Island, Fla., suffered a possible spinal injury and was taken to the Shock-Trauma Center at University Hospital in Baltimore, where he was also listed in serious but stable condition, police said.

According to police, Mr. Pastrana was driving a black 2003 Chevrolet Corvette on Rossback Road about 12:30 a.m. when the vehicle went airborne after cresting a rise in the road near Overlook Glen.

When it came down, the Corvette ran off the right side of the road, police said. Mr. Pastrana apparently then steered sharply to the left, causing the Corvette to spin while crossing the road.

The Corvette then went onto a steep embankment and struck a large oak tree. The force of the collision flipped the Corvette, threw Mr. Pastrana from the vehicle and blew apart the engine, police said. The car landed upside down in the middle of Rossback Road, about 300 feet from where the driver lost control.
Police were unsure how fast Mr. Pastrana was driving at the time of the crash.

"It hit so hard that the motor was thrown out of it," said Lt. Keith Williams, commander of the Traffic Safety Section. "You can't even tell what kind of car it is. It is just completely destroyed."

Mr. Bigos was rescued by county firefighters after the crash, police said.

Police were still investigating the crash this morning. It was unclear where the pair were headed. Police didn't believe alcohol contributed to the crash.
Mr. Pastrana's family couldn't be reached for comment.

RIDER11X
06-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Wow! Keep us posted if you hear anything else. Thats terrible.:(

CowsBitePeople
06-11-2003, 01:11 AM
NOOO...I hope he will be ok....keep us posted....

jcv400ex
06-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Oh man....that boy better just start living in a bubble....he's gonna be a walking bucket of metal.

BlasterRider200
06-11-2003, 02:18 AM
man that sucks heproblay wanted to see how high he could jump his car or something i hope he gets better cause hecan ride a dirtbike good

Pappy
06-11-2003, 02:20 AM
that sucks to be him and his buddy:(

thats not far from his house either:ermm:

wb300ex
06-11-2003, 02:26 AM
hope hes ok

dhines
06-11-2003, 02:43 AM
Yeah, it sucks, but you have to know he was flat out hauling ***** to get that thing AIRBORNE coming over a rise in the road! He may very well end up facing civil/criminal charges in addition to his injuries. :ermm:

Tommy 17
06-11-2003, 02:45 AM
:( that sucks to hear about travis... he always was cool to everyone and me at the local d5 races:(

i'll have to call my friend matt and tell him to call travis's mom... see whats goin on... they are ex team mates from cernics racing...

dirtmomma
06-11-2003, 03:05 AM
Yeah got the same news when I checked the mail this morning:( :( I'm sure he's gonna be ok, hope his buddy is too!!! Yeah they had to of been HAULING to get airborn!!!:eek2:

TC17
06-11-2003, 03:10 AM
:(. he is one of the onlty guys in MX to stop by and sign an autograph or talk to you. he is the only rider i like because he's FAST and has a great personality. sorry to hear.

Glow Plug
06-11-2003, 03:11 AM
:( hope he's ok he's only 19 :(

RAGE
06-11-2003, 03:24 AM
He'll probably walk out of the hospital later today.
That guy has 9 lives ya know.. http://www.nyriders.com/videos/Travis%20pastrana%20on%20broken%20bones.wmv

CHAUNCY
06-11-2003, 03:39 AM
Hope he is okay:(

PhilMoore
06-11-2003, 05:38 AM
That is too bad.

I always had a much higher opinion of him compared to the others, just from the interviews I have seen on TV. I thought he was smarter than the rest, but it turns out he is just another biker... :( I hope there were no drugs or alcohol involved, and it was just child stupidity.

I am glad he didn't hit any innocent oncoming traffic.

RIDER11X
06-11-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
That is too bad.

I always had a much higher opinion of him compared to the others, just from the interviews I have seen on TV. I thought he was smarter than the rest, but it turns out he is just another biker... :( I hope there were no drugs or alcohol involved, and it was just child stupidity.

I must disagree, I think he is different than the rest, but he is around 19, and we have all probably have done some dumb stuff like this around those years.
Now, how many cars, trucks, bikes have I crashed?:rolleyes: ..............:eek: :ermm:

Bart
06-11-2003, 07:17 AM
Pastrana injured in automobile accident

June 10, 2003

Racer X is very sad to report that former 125cc National Motocross and 125cc East Region SX Champion Travis Pastrana was involved in a serious car accident last night near his home in Annapolis, Maryland. Pastrana, 19, and a friend who was riding with him, had to be air-lifted to a local hospital's trauma unit. The two were riding in Pastrana's car after midnight when the accident occurred. According to Travis' father, Robert, "Travis had some head injuries and crushed the bones in his left hand. The doctors were able to take care of his head, but he's going into surgery this afternoon for the hand and fingers." We will have more information as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, saying a prayer for both boys wouldn't hurt.

boonovies
06-11-2003, 07:24 AM
i was watching a cribs type thing on speedchannel lastnight and they were at his house... he had a broke right hand.. now its the left.. geez

flyin#5
06-11-2003, 07:28 AM
that sucks!

travis is one of the only dirtbikers i like:(

OutlawEX
06-11-2003, 07:31 AM
I hope he is ok

His career minus well be over he has more time off then helping his sponcors

Nausty
06-11-2003, 07:56 AM
That is too bad.

I spose you were always a perfect kid huh? We don't really know him but from what i've seen he seems to be a really nice guy that is talented on and off the bike. I think he had his diploma by 15 years old and was jumping 207ft when he was 14. This kid has some tough luck I swear.

Got Huevos?
06-11-2003, 10:05 AM
That is too bad.

u know maybe its just me but i was slightly offended by this post. i was gonna reply in a indecent manor but im not just thought i'd let u know i hope i was not the only one.

Crazy4bluEx
06-11-2003, 10:09 AM
i agree with him up there ^^^^ Philmoore, that was a dumb arse post, Travis is a good role model for alot of kids and ADULTS...

*K*

06-11-2003, 10:30 AM
i saw him puffin the magic dragon earlier that night:scary:

06-11-2003, 10:32 AM
yeah i wanna be just like that mommas boy, u think the kids ever seen a cooter:eek:

hessianmx111
06-11-2003, 01:10 PM
nobody here knows travis personally and cant say one thing or another about him without just guessing. i can say he does bring a good look to the sport that is looked at as a bunch of dumbasses on bikes jumping. what nausty said really summed it up hes smart and has skill. i bet that there werent any drugs ivolved and i would almost put my bike on the line but like i said i dont know, but it is very unlikely.

p@iNn3ck
06-12-2003, 05:03 AM
latest update...

The following report is from the Annapolis newspaper, the Citizen...

A motocross champion injured in a car crash early yesterday suffered a head wound and hand injury while his passenger cracked vertebrae and ribs, the man's father said yesterday.

Travis Alan Pastrana, 19, of Davidsonville, was taken to the Prince George's Hospital Center Trauma Unit after the crash because of concern about bleeding from his head, said his father, Robert Pastrana. But he was later treated and released and underwent surgery on his left hand last night, his father said.

The passenger, Matthew Scott Bigos, 20, of Merritt Island, Fla., was taken to the Shock-Trauma Center at University Hospital in Baltimore, where his condition was unavailable this morning. Robert Pastrana said his injuries didn't appear as severe as first thought and he would not be paralyzed.

"He's going to be OK," Mr. Pastrana said.

The news relieved Travis Pastrana, who had spent the day crying and worrying about the man, his father said.

"He's used to hurting himself, not someone else," Robert Pastrana said.

Mr. Bigos is a mechanic for some Florida motocross riders in town for a race in Southern Maryland, he said. They visited his son Monday night, awaking him, and Travis Pastrana took Mr. Bigos in a ride in his 2003 Corvette. His father didn't know where they were going.

Travis Pastrana lost control of the car and struck a tree on Rossback Road about 12:30 a.m. after the vehicle went airborne after cresting a rise in the road near Overlook Glen. Police were still investigating the cause of the crash this morning.

"It's a hard way to learn a lesson," his father said. "He's lucky, I guess."

My 2 cents... remember, he is still 19, only a kid.... and has a life where speed etc is a part of it, but a 19 year old with a vet is a bad combination no matter who you are. He is definitely one of my favorite riders, and seems to be an educated, well manered, upstanding kid, so I would agree that it was nothing more than a fast car that got outta control from him... it happens to the best of us (I know I've wrapped up a few cars). Hopefully they both make full recoveries.

Tommy 17
06-12-2003, 05:23 AM
i've meet travis many times... i use to see him every weekend or every other weekend back from like 1997 to 1999...

i use to even ride with him at pleasure valley alot... i would always be over at his box van with my friend matt... travis would always talk to u... and he always had time for the kids at the race and he was still a kid... he was taller then 1/2 the people there but he was a kid... and man could he ride... he use to lap 250A riders on 80s...

travis has done a few stupid things in life... but hes always been a cool person to his fans...

Ryan
06-12-2003, 05:30 AM
Man that really sucks :( . I hope he is ok....

06-12-2003, 06:47 AM
yeah i've heard that he is a talented person and i dont think that travis would to drugs and get himself in a seriouse crash with another person the things i heard about him it doesn't seem like he is the kind of person to do anything like that keep us posted.

06-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
yeah i wanna be just like that mommas boy, u think the kids ever seen a cooter:eek:

Yeah but the momma's boy has a much better head on his shoulders and more money than all the metal mongaloids have put together I'm sure...:devil:

Tommy 17
06-12-2003, 07:25 AM
actually his g.f back in the day was freakin hot!!!!

sarah witmoore or something was her name... she was the womens national champion on a yz80 back then... shes in mini warriors 2...

hessianmx111
06-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yeah but the momma's boy has a much better head on his shoulders and more money than all the metal mongaloids have put together I'm sure...:devil:

p@iNn3ck
06-12-2003, 10:17 AM
SoBe Suzuki Rider Travis Pastrana to Make Full Recovery

BREA, Calif. (June 11, 2003) - American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) today announced that Team SoBe Suzuki factory rider Travis Pastrana is on the road to making a full recovery following a serious car accident that occurred early on Tuesday, June 10, 2003.

According to Travis' father, Robert Pastrana, the 19-year-old underwent a one-hour operation at 8 p.m. last night. The surgery was to repair nerve damage in one finger of his left hand and his left wrist. Travis is scheduled to be released from the hospital today and is expected to make a full recovery.

"We're so relieved that Travis is going to be all right," said SoBe Suzuki Team Manager Roger DeCoster. "Travis was already having a rough season before this accident happened. Certainly, the prayers and good wishes from everyone at Suzuki go out to Travis and his family."

06-12-2003, 10:41 AM

i dont think so, pastrana is pretty dumb he goes out rides over his head and crashes, hes got more talent than any rider ive seen and does the stupidest stuff , so i dont think he has a better head on his shoulders than deegan, deegan raced pro and fmx and has done good in both , mostly fmx he doesnt have as much talent as pastrana but hes alot smarter hes whats 26-27 and pastrana is 19 and can barely walk after riding , at the least pastramia could of tried to stay consistent and make his sponsors and his body happy by staying off the ground , not all crashes can be prevented and he does have bad luck. im sure the mm are alot smarter than a ex rider moderator and they got more talent in there pinky finger than any of us have, travis is a awesome rider but metzger was right when he said pastrana is a man now but he still acts like a lil kid, he should of grown out of those rookie mistakes by now, hes got enough money if i was him id hang it up before he messes him self up any more

i think this is pretty true

A letter from Brian Deegan
1. There are a people who think that Im bad for the sport! Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.But I am one of many riders who say what is on my mind, and that scared a lot of major companies away during my five years of chasing the dream on the national circuit. Im not saying that i was the fasted guy on the planet, but i had many top-five supecross finishes and even won a supercross in LA. but yet, i wasnt even given a chance at a factory ride! Do you know why? Because I wouldnt lie! They knew that they couldnt control me or what i said. Believe me when i say that i've seen stuff that the general mx public will never see behind the scenes of a national circuit.

Do you believe that the riders you hold so highly on a pedestal blatantly lie to you? You cant blame them-its the team managers and sponsers who tell them to lie to you. For example, if their bikes arent running great, they cant tell you that! They will lie and tell you it was fast. McGrath and Carmichael dont use Renthals bars because they are the most reliable, they run Renthals because Renthal pays them the most to lie and say that their are the best. The same with there sprockets-they wear the quickest but you will go and spend your hard-earned money and buy these products because these so-called role models lied to you and told you they are the best. Do you think when you send your motors into these shops that you'll get the same thing that the team riders get? Yeah,right! There are honest companies out there, but only a few. Do you think that the top riders live there lives the way they portray themselves on the weekends? Dont fool yourself, its a cloning process thet public has grown to accept.

If you think Im bad for the sport for bringing you the truth, then i guess Im a punk. But then again, I never asked to be a role model. But does it really hurt to look up to a guy who saw through the lies and has always been himself? Who is to say what motocross or freestyle should be? Just go ride and say whats truly on your mind. The world needs more real people. Money is temporary, but pride is forever!
And for the that persist on putting down the Metal Mulisha, I cant take responsibility for what happens to you by multiplying group of people willing to go to extreme measures for what we beleive in.

Brian Deegan
Metal Mulisha

Crazy4bluEx
06-12-2003, 11:00 AM
i have re-newed respect for brian now.... he seems too have a decent head on his shoulders, he just doesnt like too take peoples SH*T

*K*

Got Huevos?
06-12-2003, 01:02 PM
i for one dislike deegan but he is right in that letter. still does not change my prespective on him hes annoying thinks hes bigger then god himself and overly cocky.but he is right on that subject.

hessianmx111
06-12-2003, 01:25 PM
theres just something about the mulisha that you have to like and i do but there is alot i dont like either. i kinda think deegan is past winning contests without the backflip.

06-12-2003, 02:13 PM
the deegster has the flip down, without metz or pastrami id say the top 4 at x will be deegan, mcelroy,kinnaird,nate adams

deegan does sound like a dick but when the sport first started him and pastrana were the kings, the newer more technical tricks are harder for him , even if u dont like the guy u gotta give him respect for some of the new tricks he comes up with

hessianmx111
06-12-2003, 02:35 PM
yeah i do give him credit for being there in the beginning but i hate how him and all the other ogs talk about the "ramp kids":rolleyes: who cant jump a natural hit for nothin. well the way i see it is if you can hit a natural kicker good for you you have some bad bike skill but nobody is out there to see it and help it progress the sport in popularity as where a ifma or demo would get the sport closer to people who wouldnt normally see it, even though most of em go like 2 miles an hour through the corners:huh but i do respect deegs and everything he has done for the sport.:ermm:
- oh yeah i knew he had the flip but what i meant was he probably couldnt win a comp without it

06-12-2003, 02:42 PM
yeah exactly, some of those guys are so good and do those tricks so smooth but like he said hes always gotta think of new ways to beat them and it seems to work

i kinda understand what he means about the ramp kids , if u watch ifma on the podium they sound alot like racers id like to thank mom and dad and timmys bicycle shop for helpin me out
then u take alot of those kids out to do how fmx started and the old guys kick there asses, i dont like the idea of it being a sport where all a kid has to do is hit a 60-70 ft ramp and be a acrobat , even the old guys say they deserve respect for that but they just dont think thats what the sport should be all about

hessianmx111
06-12-2003, 02:47 PM
good point since i have nothing else to add id like to close this with an awesome pic:blah:

p@iNn3ck
06-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
im sure the mm are alot smarter than a ex rider moderator and they got more talent in there pinky finger than any of us have,

Easy now trigger....dem aint nice words..... I'd agree with everything in your posts except these two comments..... carry on.

06-12-2003, 02:52 PM
ahh soooorrry then rico

06-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
Easy now trigger....dem aint nice words..... I'd agree with everything in your posts except these two comments..... carry on.

He's right...I'm not a smart mann:(

p@iNn3ck
06-12-2003, 02:59 PM
He's right...I'm not a smart mann:(

:confused: I thought we was talkin bout monkeyboy?? no?

:D