PDA

View Full Version : what class to run?

Martin Blair
06-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Heres a list of ll my mods buy then what class should i run still C?

400ex, Work triple rates with rezzys (hopefully), K&N, outerwear, modified snorkle, air scoops, and some kenda claws or itp xcrs.

im 15 and will be racing a hairscramble is central MO july 12th i was thinkign 4stroke C?

JUSTINcredible
06-10-2003, 06:56 PM
you could have the fastest quad in the world abd still get beat by a bunch of mini quads if you dont know how to ride.. id race with whatever class you feel comfortable with.. if this is your first time racing then probley race C or if you have raced before and know that you can beat all those C class guys move up to B

adam250r
06-12-2003, 03:25 PM
You will get spanked in our 4stroke b class.

400ex#18
06-13-2003, 06:13 AM
I don't know, but maybe expert would be a good choice. Actually, one of the top guys in the 4stroke c, runs totally stock 400; tires shocks bars air filter, and exhaust. He took a couple # 1's!

Sick0
06-13-2003, 08:55 AM
most b's riders around here would kill your quad. Like some body said you all about how good you are. I'm still in novice class and I'm running Axis shocks, a-arms, axles, a built motor, pretty much my whole quads has been replaed or modifyed for racing and I don't have the nices quad in my class. some of the in my novice class have the lobo frontend and gibson long travel. But then some kid who is fast, riding a stock quad run circles around and one of us.

A good quad only allows you to go faster but won't make you faster. you're the one who has to make go faster.

Ryan
06-13-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Sick0
most b's riders around here would kill your quad. Like some body said you all about how good you are. I'm still in novice class and I'm running Axis shocks, a-arms, axles, a built motor, pretty much my whole quads has been replaed or modifyed for racing and I don't have the nices quad in my class. some of the in my novice class have the lobo frontend and gibson long travel. But then some kid who is fast, riding a stock quad run circles around and one of us.

A good quad only allows you to go faster but won't make you faster. you're the one who has to make go faster.

Well again, in Cross Country racing, its more the rider then Motocross. He could run class B and do fine, if he can ride up to that ability.

Sick0
06-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Thats basicly whats I said. The riders is more important thats the quad. The quad give you the advanage.

Martin Blair
06-14-2003, 06:01 PM
well i think im fast but im staying in c once i get out ther ei will rpoabaly be the slowest or one of the slwest but i think im pretty fast