PDA

View Full Version : WORCS series east

12gofast
06-10-2003, 04:05 PM
How about a real east coast WORCS race? What would you guys think of a WORCS race in WV or VA? The race would be on a non conflicting weekend so it wouldnt interfere with the GNCC schedule.
The WORCS series is pretty cool and actually pays out the pros 100% of their entry fees.
Some of the pro winners on bikes this year have taken home as much as $8000....more than you would win the whole GNCC series.
Please respond.....there me something in the WORCS!!!!http://www.worcsracing.com/

cdalejef
06-11-2003, 01:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, they just had on in IL

12gofast
06-11-2003, 03:19 AM
Yes they just had one in Morrison, IL...The legendary Moose Run!

But they are looking to run a race more in the area of VA, WV, PA and possibley NY.

I believe they wanted to work with the GNCC series but they couldnt come to an agreement.

cdalejef
06-11-2003, 03:20 AM
That would be cool to have a dual sanction event like they do with the bikes.

12gofast
06-11-2003, 03:34 AM
It will never happen with the Coombs family with a competing off-road series. It is OK with the NHS for the bikes, because they needed the AMA and the AMA needed them.
The WORCS series has started and they have a LOT of money with good sponsors behind them and they can offer the factory teams a lot. They are also west coast where the majority of the factory teams originate...they already have stolen away a couple of the top bike guys and it is only a matter of time before they get more...especially with their payout...and less expensive entry fees.

Also have you seen the contingeny that is available in WORCS for quads and it is growing.....hell you can't even get on the podium if your an amateur in the GNCC series.

Just my 2 cents

cdalejef
06-11-2003, 03:37 AM
LMAO....true that!

adam250r
06-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Florida is about as far East as it gets. And we had an amazing 13 Quads in the whole damn race!! I wouldnt blame them for not going back farther East again if nobody is interested! Just look at some of the previous posts(most made by myself) about the the WORCS series. There seems to be very little interest in it (at least on this site). It would be a shame to lose a good series for Quads because of lack of interest! They are having 2 races during the break, it sure would look good if we had 200 Quads at each event. I drive from Kansas City to WV,FLA,NC,SC,OH for GNCC; so dont ***** about the drive being too long!!! Come out, have fun, and stay in shape! No, I am not a promoter, just a concerned racer who happens to live close to the WORCS races.

Adam

12gofast
06-11-2003, 06:40 AM
Florida was bad due to the schedule and weather....once the guys destroyed their machinery at the GNCC they were unmotivated to race another race...especially with GA just days away.
WORCS understood this and are making plans to fix it for 2004

adam250r
06-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Me and 2 other guys all tore our motors down on Monday and cleaned/rebuilt them to race Tuesday. And we all 3 made it to GEorgia.

Doibugu2
06-11-2003, 08:47 AM
I don't know how you guys find the time to pack up every weekend and drive all over the US to these races. I guess I need a new job.

Hey Adam, I will come to these races if you swing by and pick me up.:devil:

I'm still sore from the Moose run.

cdalejef
06-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Its like a bunch of mini vacations. I think most people do it because the people there are alot like a second family, not really the racing part.

Doibugu2
06-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Its like a bunch of mini vacations. I think most people do it because the people there are alot like a second family, not really the racing part.

yea I kind of noticed that. Everyone seemed to know everyone. Don't you get tired of driving the truck all the time though?

MEL
06-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 12gofast
Yes they just had one in Morrison, IL...The legendary Moose Run!

But they are looking to run a race more in the area of VA, WV, PA and possibley NY.

I believe they wanted to work with the GNCC series but they couldnt come to an agreement.
ny sounds good to me. if they schedule it on a weekend they the local xc series isn't racing i'm sure that they would get at least half of the normal quad entries and a ton of bikes.

cdalejef
06-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
yea I kind of noticed that. Everyone seemed to know everyone. Don't you get tired of driving the truck all the time though? Not really, we take turns driving, sleeping and flipping through the CD's!

adam250r
06-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Well Jeff, sounds like I can expect see your CD-flippin-arse at the next race in Millville,MN!!:macho ;) How could any serious racer give up the chance to ride that sweet national MX track!! Plus, I hear the trails are incredible also!