PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have problems with chain becoming loose & during riding/racing?????

300exHILLER
06-10-2003, 03:02 PM
After I changed the sprockets from 13/38 to 14/36 my chain keeps getting loose and falling off. It cost me a first place finish on sunday. I do have an LSR axle carrier and D.I.D X-ring chain. Has anybody ever have this problem???? Please tell me your cure.

Daredevil1
06-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Is it adjusted correctly before you ride? If it is then the only problem could be that you arent tightening the pinch bolts on the back of the swingarm enough and they are letting the bearing carrier turn around and mess up your adjustment. It could also be that on that machine, the way you changed the gearing it could have given the chain more room and it isnt as tight on there as it should be. I dont know if that last sentence will make sense to you but it sounds ok in my head.....

300exHILLER
06-10-2003, 03:25 PM
I know the pinch bolts are tight. Maybe I'll take a couple of links out of the chain.

JOEX
06-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Pull out the carrier, clean the outside of it and inside the swing arm. Spray it with WD-40 and reinstall.

Joe