PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best antivibe steering stem and fat mare combination?

Sparky416ex
06-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Whats the best antivibe steering stem and fat mare combination...i bent my chrome antivibe lonestar.. (ouch)...and i also broke my collar bone ill post pics of the whole bike soon.

310Rduner
06-10-2003, 03:36 PM
not sure about the anti-vibe.. but it think Roll Design would be a safe bet:)

and Tag t2's for sure.. they reduce vibes a heck of a lot.. maybe check out some Oury grips if you dont already.. they are super soft and nice, i just got mine today...:macho

CHAR250R
06-11-2003, 12:36 AM
I have Roll Design steering stems, and CR low Pro Tapers on my EX and my R. Both stems are extended. Very, very little vibration, and very comfortable.

Wingnut
06-11-2003, 04:02 AM
I have a Houser +1+1 stem and Pro Taper KX Hi bars and every body that rides it loves the way they feel. It might be too high for MX, but it is great for XC!

thejeepdude
06-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Sparky416ex
Whats the best antivibe steering stem and fat mare combination...i bent my chrome antivibe lonestar.. (ouch)...and i also broke my collar bone ill post pics of the whole bike soon.

I just bought the Arens stem... it's not here yet, but I'll let ya know what I think when it comes... annny day now :D BTW, I opted for the standard bar diameter mounts for more bar choices, and the fact I'd rather bend the bars than the stem anyways. You can get the fat mounts for the same price though. I know he has the anti-vibe bushings custom made and the stem is strooong... but you can bend ANYTHING if you crash hard enough.

remlapr
06-11-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Wingnut
I have a Houser +1+1 stem and Pro Taper KX Hi bars and every body that rides it loves the way they feel. It might be too high for MX, but it is great for XC!

I've been considering going with those bars with a +1 up stem - probably not +1 forward though. How high are you bars compare to the stock setup? I would actually like to be a little higher than stock and wonder if the KX high/+1 stem will get me there??

Sparky416ex
06-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
not sure about the anti-vibe.. but it think Roll Design would be a safe bet:)

and Tag t2's for sure.. they reduce vibes a heck of a lot.. maybe check out some Oury grips if you dont already.. they are super soft and nice, i just got mine today...:macho

I thought oury went out of buiseness....sweet ill have to look into that...a frined had some on his 265R awhile back and i loved them....wehre did you order them from?

Big - D Racing
06-12-2003, 01:36 PM
I run Roll Design +1 1/2 tall and + 1" forward with Tag T2 bars Fourtrax Bend.

Sparky416ex
06-13-2003, 06:16 AM
Oury Grips anyone?

310Rduner
06-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I thought oury went out of buiseness....sweet ill have to look into that...a frined had some on his 265R awhile back and i loved them....wehre did you order them from?

i actually had to look around for them.. then i found my local bike shop could order it for me..

C&D has them also.. but i went local.

i found Chaparral has em too...

make sure its the ATV grips. the other one are like full waffle design.. don't order em from rocky mountain. all they have is the waffle style.

ive ridden around my front yard with them on, and they are Night & Day difference from anything else.. im still shocked just how comfortable they are:eek2:

Chanman420q
06-14-2003, 01:08 PM
i like the 909 grips but yea oury is nice, i had them on my LT250R, there just toooo sloft, it rubs into your hand if you dont where gloves

Sparky416ex
06-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
i actually had to look around for them.. then i found my local bike shop could order it for me..

C&D has them also.. but i went local.

i found Chaparral has em too...

make sure its the ATV grips. the other one are like full waffle design.. don't order em from rocky mountain. all they have is the waffle style.

ive ridden around my front yard with them on, and they are Night & Day difference from anything else.. im still shocked just how comfortable they are:eek2:

thanks a lot ill be ordering some soon

Wingnut
06-15-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
I've been considering going with those bars with a +1 up stem - probably not +1 forward though. How high are you bars compare to the stock setup? I would actually like to be a little higher than stock and wonder if the KX high/+1 stem will get me there??

It is probably still lower than stock. It has been so long since I used the stock bars/stem that I can't really say for sure.

remlapr
06-16-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks Wingnut - if you happen to think about it next time you're riding with a 400ex with stock bars take a look for me...

JD400exrider
06-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Meszaros Motor Sports now has a anti vibe stem warrented for life. Worth a look. :cool: