PDA

View Full Version : Axle Question

toomeyshee87
06-10-2003, 12:21 PM
i bent my lsr axle on the left side slightly and i was wondering if i should send it in and get it fixed or just not worry about it cuz it aint bad. also, does anyone know how long it takes for lsr to straighten it?

06-10-2003, 03:35 PM
i doubt they will straighten it but will prob. send you a new one unless otherwise stated. This would be something I would worry about as it will ruin the bearing carrier & all the bearing & your wheel will shake violently.

toomeyshee87
06-11-2003, 07:16 AM
anyone else have any suggestions?

Pappy
06-11-2003, 07:17 AM
he is pretty much right....get it fixed:ermm:

toomeyshee87
06-11-2003, 07:18 AM
it really will wreck my bearings and carrier?

Pappy
06-11-2003, 07:22 AM
if its bent then its gonna send vibrations thru the entire axle assembly..swing arm etc. its theroetically possible that it could damage the bearings and more. i reckon the worse its bent the more pronounced the damage will be .....it all depends i geuss on how bad its bent:ermm:

toomeyshee87
06-11-2003, 07:23 AM
its not bent bad and you can just barely feel it when riding only on the tar but the reason i dont just send it in is becuase it will take till like the 25th if i send it today b4 i get it back. my friends say just to ride it until you cant ride for awhile or till it gets worse b4 i send it in.

wilkin250r
06-11-2003, 09:31 AM
It will definitly wear out your bearing carrier faster than normal.

Are you sure it is your axle, and not your rim?

I'd call LSR (talk to someone OTHER than Jack) and ask them the turn-around time on it.

toomeyshee87
06-11-2003, 09:34 AM
i jacked up the rear end and i took off the wheels and ran the quad and its the left side of the axle
its not much but i think im gonna get it straightened and in the mean time get some **** p/c
lsr (not sure who) said that it would be a weeks turn around time which means if i send it this week yet it wont be back till like the end of the month:(

i just dont understand why it bent cuz i didnt jump it over 7 ft in the air yet:confused: