PDA

View Full Version : well I lmost died!!!

Narly R
06-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Today I was in our backhoe and I was on top of a pretty good size hill and I was workin on a jump. I was at the very top and it dies and i have no brakes and it was just barly moving but going faster so I dumped the bucket to see if it would stop and it didnt so I jumped out and I figured it was going to roll for shure cause it went sat and was bouncen all over!!!! Then it went and hit a ditch and fence and stoped!!! It scared the poo outta me cause I was kinda home alone and I called my dad to see if I could use it and he said " yea but dont brake it cause Im thinkin bout selling it". Thank God it didnt roll!!! It scared the poo outa me but if someone was to watch this they would have laphed!!! It went about 100-130 yards and prolly hit 25-30 mph going backwords!!!! :eek2:

Shouda had the video camera!!!:D

flyin#5
06-10-2003, 10:48 AM
:eek2: sounds like fun! lmao :rolleyes:

RuffRyder400ex
06-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
:eek2: sounds like fun! lmao :rolleyes:
:D

Rip_Tear
06-10-2003, 12:14 PM
HEH... My dad and I always put the back hoe in Nuetral while going down hills... we have got it up to 55mph!!! Our brakes suck too! Get them fixed! After you dumped the bucket you should have put it in N and started it back up and put the legs down... I would have rode it out!

QuAdRaCeR244
06-10-2003, 12:19 PM
yeehaa what fun:devil:

Nausty
06-10-2003, 05:06 PM
yeah I hate when that happens

lol, j/k. Good thing your ok.

Fender Bender
06-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Narly R

You had my hopes up there for a second:blah:

Mxbubs
06-10-2003, 06:20 PM
I know an old man that was using a case bachoe with no roll cage on it. He flipped it over, and one of the stick handles with the ball on it when thru his back, came out his chest and stuck in the ground with the backhoe on top of him. They took the stick loose at the base, and lifted the backhoe off of him. He walked into an emergency with a sticker shifter with a black ball on it sticking out of his chest. The nurses fainted. He told the doctor "dont cut that stick shifter, its got to go back on that tractor".....What a tough ole sonabit.........

The ball slid thru his body without cutting anything.

You Mississippi guys may have heard that story. It happened to that old man just outside of Natchez.

He showed me pics.

Chef
06-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
I know an old man that was using a case bachoe with no roll cage on it. He flipped it over, and one of the stick handles with the ball on it when thru his back, came out his chest and stuck in the ground with the backhoe on top of him. They took the stick loose at the base, and lifted the backhoe off of him. He walked into an emergency with a sticker shifter with a black ball on it sticking out of his chest. The nurses fainted. He told the doctor "dont cut that stick shifter, its got to go back on that tractor".....What a tough ole sonabit.........

You Mississippi guys may have heard that story. It happened to that old man just outside of Natchez.

He showed me pics.

:huh *PUKE* :confused2

QuAdRaCeR244
06-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs

He showed me pics.

that story sounds a little fishy:huh

post pics:devil:

wb300ex
06-11-2003, 02:53 AM
to bad didn't have the cam

Narly R
06-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Well now it seems pretty funny!!!:D But I barley had enough time to drop the bucket!!! If I would have stayed in I would have got bounced like a ball because the front tires were coming like 3 feet off the ground!!!:eek2: But Im soooo lucky it didnt roll! Then my jump builder would have been ruined!!!:( :eek:

06-11-2003, 07:24 AM
yeah that sounds like you had fun makin a new Jump. I wish you would have had a vc not a vacumm cleaner.

Chanman420q
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
why didnt u just the E-brake on??? the ones ive used have them. hmmm sucks

Narly R
06-11-2003, 09:22 AM
E-brake whats that!!! We have ABSOLUTLy NO brake on this beast!!! Foreward and reverse= brakes! And when it dies (like it did) your screwed!!!:( :confused2

06-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah well then you should be more careful with what hills your going up or you'll end up like what i did to my bike going up that hill climb.:eek2:

JabberJaw
06-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
Today I was in our backhoe and I was on top of a pretty good size hill and I was workin on a jump. :eek2:

Don't you think he would be just as upset for you jumping the backhoe? I never heard of anyone building a jump for a backhoe! Hmmm sounds fun!

Chanman420q
06-11-2003, 09:50 AM
my dads work has a john deer 310-C and its got an ebrake

Narly R
06-11-2003, 10:04 AM
It has brakes they just dont work! And I was workin on a jump 4 my wheeler!!!!;) :D

RoadkillerRyan
06-11-2003, 11:05 AM
can you pop a wheelie on it?

06-11-2003, 11:08 AM
haha i did the same thing on are backhoe scared the **** out of me:(