PDA

View Full Version : X/C Harescramble Front End Width?

SGA
01-07-2002, 06:48 AM
What do the pros run for width for X/C? I've heard +1 A arms with 1 inch offset rims. Wouldn't that be the same as +2 A arms? What i'm getting at is my rear is 2 inches wider than the front(stock) & i've gotten the front end through two trees just to have the nerfs & rear wheels wedge me tight. I say if the front end goes through then the rear oughta go too. I heard the offset rims are hard on the spindles. Thinking Houser(sp?) +1 A arms might be best. A set of +1 A arms would make the front end 2 inches wider, right?

EX_RIDER
01-07-2002, 08:28 AM
I believe they do run a +1 a-arm or xs.But they get a 0ffset wheel that has teh offset towards the frame.Witch woudl make it about same as stock width.It basically give you the advantage of having camber to play with.Then if ya want you can run stock wheels and have +1 effect.

Question?
do oyu have to have the shocks bebuilt for the + 1 a-arms if you run the wheels toward the inside?

indygncc
01-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Most of them run +2 a- arms, w/ wheels thtat dish them back in 2 inches so that they are stock width. Then they have alot more travel. Very nice set up. All you 400 EX guy's, I would go w/ Houser a-arms........alot better price..good quality like Laegar and Roll