PDA

View Full Version : I almost got busted; ... almost

knighttime
01-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Ok, here is how it went down, to make a long story simple. It's kinda like this. Ok u young guys, learn but dont get crazy. VWVR6, Jody (awesome female 250ex rider), myself, and others went on a 20+ mile ride. We were followin' 660cc grizzlies. At the end of the ride I cleared a table top jump, ok, lets get back to the story:

We had fun. I then rode to my uncle's house. (At this point of the story I should have ridden the trails home to where I now am).

Ok now its time to go home. U think I'm gonna take trails, well I got news, there ain't no trails takin' me home from where i was. Here I go roads. Wait a minute (wtf)?

COPS

I came to a slow stop, Ready to roost the smoky bears if it was needed. Ok here I am face to face(s) with 2 cops in a car. I take off my quick-strap goggles; they ask me my name, I say (after some confusion) my name, and I then voluntarily give them my address, (I live close to where this happened) : I tell them I live close. I kinda slurred, lol, and they (the police) then say get home. I put my quad in gear, give the mofo some gas, give a courtesy wave, then, I'm freakin out of there.

Moral to the story,

No harm done and .. WELL I'm gonna take the trails home next time,

Maybe :huh

I forgot to mention we got 6+ inches of snow yesterday.

MOFO
01-07-2002, 05:58 AM
Wow... I cant believe that happened Mike! If you would have run and they got you, it would have been 10x worse. Good move. Were they local TWP police? Did they check your plate?

Anyways, that was a great ride. Finally got some quad time in some good snow. Oh BTW, Mike how did you like the roost off of my dirt devils :devil

Eric

knighttime
01-07-2002, 07:41 AM
The smoky bears never even said anything about the license plate. And yes I'm glad I didn't run. The cops seemed cool. They were Penn Twp. cops.

Roost or be Roosted.

01-07-2002, 09:09 AM
Okay....... a mutual friend of OURS told me to read your post this morning.....so I did. Well.....my feeling were hurt! NO WHERE did you mention that you also rode last night with a 250EX rider...let alone a female! NO.....you only mentioned the 660 Grizzlies. No where did you mention that this is the ONLY riding female of the group and that I do my fair share of keeping up. So I have decided that the next time you lose your "BLUE BAG".....you can go find it..........LOL.......and by the way......you did the responsible, respectable thing with the police....offer up the personal info and be mature......they let you go! Good for you!!!

knighttime
01-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Yeah Jody is is an awesome 250EX rider. That was a fun ride we had yesterday.

Hey Jody, I have a picture of Kevin winching Eric out of a mudhole. I'll give u one and the negative. You may want to get it blown up and hang it in your garage.

MOFO
01-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Uh oh... looks like I opened up a can of worms on this one. I'll give you $20 for the pics and negatives ;)

Eric

01-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Yes....Yes....Yes.....oh did I forget to say YES.....Mike, I want those pictures of Kevin pulling Eric out of the mud! What better garage art than that!!! I did not ask you to say I was a good rider.....I just wanted acknowledged that I was even there! Thank you for the acknowledgement.........I feel much better. I enjoyed the ride VERY much....of course ANY seat time I get is a good time.

Jody

01-07-2002, 01:50 PM
Oh Mike....by the way.......I will give you $50.00 for those pictures.....and you know Eric will NOT EVEN pay you for them.
: )
Jody

01-07-2002, 04:48 PM
forget the cops just run they cant catch you anyways and if they do come to a stop, rev the **** out of your engine and dump the clutch, roosting the car and leaving one pissed cop behind

MOFO
01-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by quaddin400
forget the cops just run they cant catch you anyways and if they do come to a stop, rev the **** out of your engine and dump the clutch, roosting the car and leaving one pissed cop behind

your cool....<sigh> :mad:

Eric

01-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Did you try to get away

MOFO
01-08-2002, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by QuadKid250EX
Did you try to get away

WOULD YOU PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE YOU POST YOUR ONE LINE QUESTIONS!?!?!?

Eric

knighttime
01-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by quaddin400

I was not riding trails. I was riding on a side road. There was a light snowstorm goin' on, so there would have been tracks right to my house.

I stopped, the cops were cool, and I rode home. I'm not sayin' that there is never a time to run, but this wasn't it. I could have been in serious trouble.:eek:

01-08-2002, 07:30 AM
He probably didn't run because them 420ex's are some really slow POS.

Actually it sounds like Knighttime used his ol noodle for a change.:D

ANd I think I wanna meet this Jody person..:eek:

JabberJaw
01-08-2002, 08:11 AM
I loved "Smokey & The Bandit!".....

01-08-2002, 02:07 PM
But vwvr6 he makes it sound like he tryed to get two feet away.

MOFO
01-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadKid250EX
But vwvr6 he makes it sound like he tryed to get two feet away.

huh?!??

read it again...all of it.

Here's a small section that answers your question....

"The smoky bears never even said anything about the license plate. And yes I'm glad I didn't run. The cops seemed cool..."

Eric

01-08-2002, 04:25 PM
I'm wondering if your run from the po po and they catch you what will they do with your quad.

knighttime
01-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by matt15321
I'm wondering if your run from the po po and they catch you what will they do with your quad.

Probably impound it (hold it hostage), until you pay money (amount will vary) to get it back.

The400exExorcist
01-11-2002, 05:19 PM
yep, my friends got impounded for 9 months while he waited for a hearing

"BLAHH"300!!
01-13-2002, 06:29 AM
i ride here at my house and behind my house there's alost of land..but the ole' gezzer's that own it wont let you even spit a loogie across the line...so it's either ride in an open feild with about 2acers of tree's and trails on it or.....take about a half or 1 mile trek down the side of hwy 61 south..all gravel shoulder...then another half mile down a back road..hardley any cars driv on this road..then about a three mile trek down the "great river road" to leturneau...where the mississippi river is.....i have been cought twice on the river road by the game warden...once he snuck up behind me and honked his horn "i about ( $@!t ) on myself....i pulled over and he said for me to just keep atleast one wheel on the side of the road and ride aginst trafic and not with trafic...so don't ride on the left side of the road...the second time he was coming right towards me and i saw him before it was too liate and eased it over to the grass....he stopped and asked me how i was doin' on gas....and if i needed anything...( pretty kool huh ).....i know your not suppoed to but i don't have a truck to haul it in (i drive a car) so untill they say stop i'm goin' for it.....:blah