PDA

View Full Version : How much adjustment do my works shocks have?

Stevo
01-06-2002, 11:23 PM
I have a pair of works front shocks w/rezzys' for my 400ex. I'm not quite sure how to adjust them to make them stiffer. How much adjustment is on them. Here's a pic

TrengaBlaster3
01-07-2002, 06:50 AM
i am pretty sure that the only way to get them tighter is to get them set up for a heavier rider. you can try putting more air in the rezzies but i think that does preload only.

01-07-2002, 07:13 AM
well i wouldn't put "air" or nitrogen in the rezzies... i am pretty sure the only way to make them stiffer is for you to send them out and have them re-valved..... i just send my pep's to baldwin for the ssame thing..... how long agoi did you get them?... i was thinkin that if you just bougfht them and they were too light then works would valve the stiffer for really cheap or soemthing... i could be wrong ( probably am ) but i remember hearin that soemwhere....toby

exTAZe400
01-07-2002, 01:50 PM
If you just bought them I think Works will gives a 30 day revalve for free.

Check w/ where you got them and see if you can get them readjusted if their not right.

Stevo
01-07-2002, 04:36 PM
No their fine the way they are. I was just wondering if they had any adjustment like the stock rear shock does?

01-10-2002, 10:12 PM
The only adjustment is the preloead of the springs. if you compress the spring the silver collar will slide down exposing a snap ring. put the snap ring in the next lowest notch. Thats if they are the same as mine.