PDA

View Full Version : Albany, Georgia sand dunes?

250R
06-10-2003, 06:09 AM
I tried the website and it is not up. I have never been there and was hoping someone could shed a little light on what it is like and where it is exactly located

dj416
06-10-2003, 09:23 AM
i tried this exact post a few months back with no luck. i went to the website a few times before it went down and it seemed like it would be alright but it was only pics of about 3 or 4 difrent spots so it leads me to belive its pretty small area, not sure tho.

PLEASE, if anybody as any info on the albane sand dunes let us know. thanks

GA400ex
02-04-2004, 07:16 AM
I have been 3 or 4 times and I think that a lot of people are going the second weekend in Feb. It is all sand with a lot of hills, but nothing like out west. I can't really explan how to get there, but everybody in town knows where they are. Just stop at a gas station and ask. I know that they are on Oglethorpe blvd and you will be able to see it from the road. I think that I may go on this Sat of you guys want to meet.

GA400ex
02-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I am currently in London on business, but I will be home thursday night. I will post pics for everyone on friday morning or possibly thursday night.

2003EXRIDER
02-05-2004, 08:51 AM
we should try to get together and meet down there. i live right outside of Augusta G.A. yall let me know.:D :cool:

brandonpeake
02-05-2004, 08:57 AM
some of my friends went there not too long ago and there was cops on quads chadsing everyone off and they spent most of the time hiding

2003EXRIDER
02-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
some of my friends went there not too long ago and there was cops on quads chadsing everyone off and they spent most of the time hiding

that sucks:grr: :grr: don't guess i'll be goin there

GA400ex
02-06-2004, 05:12 AM
I just posted some links to pictures under thread http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90956

I have been out there several times and the cops have come to the parking area, but they are cool about and don't make anyone leave. They just want to make sure that no one is doing anything stupid. This is only my experience, but apparantly they have run people off.