PDA

View Full Version : this is so dumb

kxrider
06-10-2003, 04:46 AM
i just wondering wat does everyone have against the 250ex, i know its not fast not much suspension, but i ride one and it is a great bike i never had any problems with it or nothin and i put that thing throw he!!, everyone says "o man you should sell that thing and move up to a 400ex" wtf why would i want a 400ex i mena dont get me wrong its better than a 250 but if i were gettin any kind of new quad my first choice would be a raptor, then z400, ..... my last choice would be 400ex i dont know if any of you guys have seen any recent shootouts, but i've seen a few were they didnt even bother puttin the 400ex in it, so what im tryin to say is why are all yall ridin 400ex when you could just upgrade to a raptor or z400 or preditor, or c-dale, why do you pour all your money into 400ex, i just wanna know why yall do that since just about everyone in here ask my that about my 250ex, like "i wouldnt even pay for oil to put in the useless thing"

toby400ex
06-10-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by kxrider
, so what im tryin to say is why are all yall ridin 400ex when you could just upgrade to a raptor or z400 or preditor, or c-dale, why do you pour all your money into 400ex
You dont follow this forum much, or magazines either. Raptor, since when did you see any of them winning big races, z400, weak frames, not that much more power than a 400. Predator, i think alot of us just dont wanna go polaris:blah: , and c-dale went out of business i think, and they do cost quite a bit. I would ride a cdale any day, but i aint got that much money, and i cant imagine how much more the parts are for one of those things.:huh

wilkin250r
06-10-2003, 05:02 AM
I got nothing against the 250EX, but I tell you, I'd take a 400EX over a Raptor any day. It has nothing to do with "blind faith" or loyalty to Honda, I just like the handling of the 400EX over the Raptor.

I can't really speak for the z400 since I really don't have much seat time on one...

kxrider
06-10-2003, 05:12 AM
and another questoin, hwo many of you that hate the 250ex so much have actually rode one??

and i thought c-dale came back?

trueblue450
06-10-2003, 05:17 AM
You get flack if you don't have a 400 or something big. all you gotta do is go out there and out ride them.. so get over it, there isn't anything wrong with your machine as long as you are happy with it. Who cares what someone else thinks.... if that was the case we'd all be the same person! :eek:

FourFiftyFour
06-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Well Ive ridden all of them...... and I know ppl who own all of them.... the Z400 has a weak spot in the swingarm it seems like... take it to Suzuki and you will get a free brand new one.... no ?s asked.... (just take the swingarm in...... dont take in the quad and they see your race set up) the Z400 is a good quad a lot of ppl love them on my race circuit

The predator.... well I used to look down on those but I had to borrow one for a race last weekend and my opinion has changed! I LOVE THEM! The only thing is they are a bit nose heavy (you get used to it and learn to adjust your riding) and the clutch sorta sux and gives u arm pump when u have to shift a lot due to not being able to power shift.... but I raced a STOCK predator with just a pipe and I took 2nd place in a Womens Open class...... so I definitely am not lookin down on Predator....... oh yeah these things can handle turns like nobodies business

Cannondale.... THEY ARE CHEAP THESE DAYS! I got mine very cheap and I know quite a few people that have parts and they arent much more expensive than your usual parts for other quads.... They are a huge thrill and for some reason.... they remind me of the 250r more than any other four stroke ive ridden
THE CDALE COMPANY HASNT BEEN BOUGHT YET......... BUT SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BUY THEM SOON!

Raptor.. we have pros in our circuit (we have some good ones and Johnny Hale sometimes races with us) that have been winning some motos with their Raptors and that sorta blew me away... If you are tall and you wanna sink in some money in handling....... go for it.. but the Raptor feels a bit uncomfortable on the track if you are shorter (JMO)

400EX... awesome quad... just you better have some money to be able to buy mods to make it run as fast as everyone elses..... but you got the Honda reliability and parts are a cinch to find. I hated to stop ridin Hondas but I couldnt pass up the deal I got on my CDale

Ive ridden a 250ex... and they arent so bad... they are fun to play around on, but after riding so many high performance quads for some time...... I have more fun on those

06-10-2003, 05:37 AM
I dont have anything against a 250ex, a neigbor out in the country had one i think he was 10ish, he had tons of fun on it ridin around his field, i have ridden a recon which i heard is the same engine and it is fun to play around on i guess. but i would rather be on something where i can throw a little bit of roost and get moving.