PDA

View Full Version : an air fuel Ratio Sniffer & Dial-a-Jett. (?'s)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-09-2003, 09:36 PM
:.RATIO SNIFFER.:
Fill me in on this guy's.
..what i've gathered so far, is that it goes in your tail pipe, and tells you if your lean/rich.
This sound right? also hear it's about $200, from K&N.
How does it work, Whats included, you ever use one?

:.DIAL-A-JETT.:
..I read a pretty good Thread on this by quadjunkies, with the thunder products guy in it..But i never got a final $.$$.
Also there was never a reply from how evertone's turned out.
..ie:..does it couse the engine to flood in a wheelie?..
is it worth it? do i need to tap the float bowl?
..I think i'm a little Lean now, and i hear you need to jett the carb kinda lean for it to work right, so does this mean i can put it on and go, or do i dial my carb in THEN put on the dial a jet?
(starts fast, with no throttle, sputter's at 1/2-3/4, runs good at WOT)

:.GEARING.:.since i'm here,
I'm running 14t/38t with 20" rear's now...what do you suggest.
I want the motor to be relaxed on long gravel roads in 5th, but i still want that snap when i hit the trails. any pefect medium?

:.OIL.:
..what weight with my mods. it's humid in summer, gets in the 90's 100's in late July & August. so i need something that won't break down too quick..(no sythet's)

thnx in advance
tryin' to get this thing right the first time.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Air/fuel ration from K&N can be mounted permantly or can be stuffed in the silencer for temporary use. it is used for carb tunning and jetting. Colby has one but has not had a chance to use his yet..

86atc250r
06-10-2003, 06:04 AM
AFR "Sniffer" - the ones marketed by K&N and others are simply a $30 automotive O2 sensor coupled to a LED Display.

While the display shows varying degrees of rich and lean, really the sensor's usefulness is limited to just displaying rich/lean - it can not tell how rich or how lean with any amount of accuracy.

There are more expensive options that will actually give you an accurate AFR, but they typically sell for $1000 or more.

Oil - do not let ignorance prevent you from running the best oils out there for high oil temp air cooled engines - synthetic.

There are a number of topics on this within this website & all over the web.