PDA

View Full Version : new yamaha 450?

nateftbl
06-09-2003, 04:48 PM
how much is the yamaha 450 going to be selling for? how do you like what you hear? it seems to me that performance quads are really starting up agian!:D

QuAdRaCeR244
06-09-2003, 05:03 PM
i think around 7 grand but i am not sure:confused2

JUSTINcredible
06-09-2003, 05:20 PM
you gotta be kidding me! Yamaha came out with a 450!!!:eek2: no way:huh

QuAdRaCeR244
06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MNmxblaster37
you gotta be kidding me! Yamaha came out with a 450!!!:eek2: no way:huh

haha

exriderdude
06-09-2003, 05:40 PM
i heard they dropped it to $6500:ermm:

crap-banshee32
06-10-2003, 05:06 AM
yep they have the yzf450 now, hmmmm, i want the motor!!!!

trueblue450
06-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude
i heard they dropped it to $6500:ermm:

Where did you hear this?

crap-banshee32
06-10-2003, 05:49 AM
go to yamaha's website!!! they have all the specs on it!! and the price!!!

nateftbl
06-10-2003, 05:54 AM
www.********.com
www.atvnews.com

yamahaCal
06-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Manufacturer's Sugg. Retail Price...$6,899*

440exnacsracer
06-10-2003, 02:38 PM
i went to my local yami dealer the other day and they gave me a booklet thing on it. lookin pretty sweet...better pics than the website. i asked them how much it would be w/ taxes and everything and they said just over $7400. pretty pricey, but its lookin good. if they had released it about 4 months ago, id still be on my predator though:D

CowsBitePeople
06-10-2003, 03:03 PM
I think the 450 will be my next purchase.... :D

When will it be in dealers??

Dave400ex
06-10-2003, 03:58 PM
I myself think it looks great and can't wait to hear some feedback on it. I am saving money now, and if everybody likes them, I want to get one.

440exnacsracer
06-10-2003, 04:22 PM
should be on showroom floors by the end of this month

TC17
06-10-2003, 04:59 PM
i'd like to be the first one to say this. my friend and i made a possible prediction that, " the engine is going to run too high of a compression to handle the paper thin cylinder walls. It will be the new and improved cannondale.:D :D What happens(for you
non-motor heads) it will pretty much have a melt down inside the engine."

IT'S A CANNONDALE IN THE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemon

Nausty
06-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by TC17
i'd like to be the first one to say this. my friend and i made a possible prediction that, " the engine is going to run too high of a compression to handle the paper thin cylinder walls. It will be the new and improved cannondale.:D :D What happens(for you
non-motor heads) it will pretty much have a melt down inside the engine."

IT'S A CANNONDALE IN THE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemon

umm, why is that? The yzf450 and other models do just fine. Even so i'm sure this motor is a lot beerfier than the the others.

Still thought if your gonna buy it i'd wait a year to make sure they got all the bugs out and prices are a lot lower and the aftermarket is more diverse. I'd start saving my pennies though.

TC17
06-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
umm, why is that? The yzf450 and other models do just fine. Even so i'm sure this motor is a lot beerfier than the the others.

Still thought if your gonna buy it i'd wait a year to make sure they got all the bugs out and prices are a lot lower and the aftermarket is more diverse. I'd start saving my pennies though.

Yea, i see what your saying, but race bikes(as the cannondale or the yzf 450) are usually meant for the racer and not the average buyer. meaning, they will not be willing to rebuild them every so often if ran hard. My neighbor who designed the eletric on the canibal and worked with the engine desiner agree that if not rebuit after ran hard, they may have problems. My freind is personally having his bike tuned by one of cannondale's engine designers. they are good freind's and I think the cannondale designer is a good source when it comes to engines.

Not try to be a jerk or anything to you. Just mine and my friend's opinion.

this is running 11.9 stock. that was in a lightweight dirtbike. they put this in a quad is pulls twice the weight and is much harder on the engine.

Z400central
06-10-2003, 06:37 PM
http://www.yfzcentral.com

:)

Nausty
06-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by TC17
Yea, i see what your saying, but race bikes(as the cannondale or the yzf 450) are usually meant for the racer and not the average buyer. meaning, they will not be willing to rebuild them every so often if ran hard. My neighbor who designed the eletric on the canibal and worked with the engine desiner agree that if not rebuit after ran hard, they may have problems. My freind is personally having his bike tuned by one of cannondale's engine designers. they are good freind's and I think the cannondale designer is a good source when it comes to engines.

Not try to be a jerk or anything to you. Just mine and my friend's opinion.

this is running 11.9 stock. that was in a lightweight dirtbike. they put this in a quad is pulls twice the weight and is much harder on the engine.

granted this machine is obviously gonna be more demanding maintance wise because the amount of abuse it goes through but yamaha knows your average quad buyer is gonna put more hours and have people who don't look at them like race machines which should be treated as such. But that is why this bike is gonna be made beefier and have the motor detuned.

TC17
06-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
granted this machine is obviously gonna be more demanding maintance wise because the amount of abuse it goes through but yamaha knows your average quad buyer is gonna put more hours and have people who don't look at them like race machines which should be treated as such. But that is why this bike is gonna be made beefier and have the motor detuned.

sounds reasonable. we'll see when it comes out.

Dave400ex
06-11-2003, 10:08 AM
I agree with Nausty. We really won't know until it comes out and some guys get time on them. I don't think anymore maintance will be needed on this than any other quad, that is if you already do what you should to your current quad. Just stay on top of the little important things, and you should be fine. I right now am saving my money, and if I have the money for one before I hear something about a new Honda, then I will get one...

DEAL
06-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Its going to be quite the quad. Since it uses the WR motor , all you pretty much need to do is put the yzf cams in it for some extra HP.

wilkin250r
06-11-2003, 11:42 AM
The cannondale was made as a "race ready" quad, and that's the way they sold it. Yamaha isn't selling to racers, they are selling to the general public. I can't imagine them designing a quad that needs constant maintenance.

They've been know to make mistakes, and have a few poor design flaws, but they aren't going to sell a 4 stroke that needs a rebuild every 6 months...

440exnacsracer
06-14-2003, 10:49 AM
wilkin...i agree....tc17...you are right about the quad putting more stress on the motor because of weight issues and stuff, but they have had almost no problems at all with the yzf and wr 450's,.. plus the motor going in the quad has been de-bored..to a 439cc