PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Wires

killed300ex
06-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Ok the two wires that go into the clutch assembly i know that they allow you to start in gear and if you take them off and let them hang you can only start in neutral i was wondering if you connect the two wires if you could still start in gear with the clutch in? just so if i could get a new perch i wouldnt use them so just cut them short and reconnect them will it work or not? Thanks
Killed

wgbanks
06-09-2003, 03:52 PM
When you connect the two wires together the starting circuit see it as if the clutch were pulled in. This will allow you to start in gear. Caution is advised.... if the bike is not in neutral and you push the started it will lundge forward. Not a big deal but you should know. So.... buy a new clutch perch, splice the wires together and ride red.

killed300ex
06-10-2003, 02:43 PM
ok anyone know if a stock 400ex clutch perch will work on a 300ex with out the parking brake cause its a 3 up persh and i want to keep my reverse putton i dont want to do the reverse button eliminator mod or does anyone know of a clutch perch that will hold just the reverse button cable and the clutch cable
thanks
killed