PDA

View Full Version : 14 tooth front sprocket

R-Crazy
01-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Is it worth the low end loss to get a tooth larger front sprocket on a 300ex?

dave:confused:

01-06-2002, 08:55 PM
It depends on what kind of riding u do. I just put on a 12 tooth sprocket today but i havent got to try it out yet cause it was raining all day.

cron-ex
01-07-2002, 08:08 AM
I have a 14t, but im gonna wait till spring to put it on becuz i'll prly need more low end for the snow.

R-Crazy
01-12-2002, 03:32 PM
i ride in the desert. usually high revs ad high speed.

dave

01-12-2002, 05:55 PM
you ride desert than you shouldn't miss the bottom end, I would get it.

R-Crazy
01-12-2002, 07:04 PM
thanks, but would it make it so it would be harder to wheelie? I would think so.

dave

R-Crazy
01-13-2002, 10:20 AM
also, what is the best brand. I ordered a talon.

dave

01-13-2002, 11:08 AM
yeah it will be harder to wheelie

R-Crazy
01-13-2002, 12:23 PM
thats stinks. oh well. maybe i will get smaller tires.

dave

yellowrider
01-13-2002, 01:40 PM
how would it be harder to wheelie?? i can wheelie easily in 3rd gear with stock tires and stock sproket.
and if you move up one tooth i wouldnt be able to do that???
that dont sound good.

yellowrider
01-13-2002, 01:45 PM
hey i think i have a good idea for once. how hard is it to change the counter sproket??

i was just thinking what if you just buy a 12 and a 14 and when you are doing alot of open trail riding get the 14 tooth
and when you are doing the close tight woods stuff get the 12
and if you are not for sure just keep the 13 tooth .

or maybe just carry the sprokets with you and if you feel that you need the power just change them or something
wouild that work or would it take to much time..

i think it may acturally be a good idea.
i am proud of myself i never had a good idea before.

so how long well it take to change one ..

are they a pain to change
could it hurt the clutch or motor
any disadvantages to that??

01-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but that idea isn't any good- It takes too much time to change a sproket if you gonna change it everytime you gona ride some where new i mean i can see changind sprokets with summer and winter for more torque and more top end but other wise don't even bother with teh sprokets

yellowrider
01-13-2002, 02:33 PM
oh i didnt know how long it takes i was just considering it . but if you cant make up your mind it would be a good idea i think.

just carring a extra sproket may be a good idea cause what if you break something you can change it right on the spot without tryuing to find somebody to tow you back.

has anybody ever try workin with two different sprokets like this before . like just change the gearing everytime you go riding

01-13-2002, 05:39 PM
if u get taler gearing, and gett smaller tires, it will jus level it out and be pointless, i would get bigger tires, or a bigger sproket, not smaller tires and bigger sproket

2k2-300exnj
01-14-2002, 01:50 PM
true but with smaller tires the quad handles bteetter and if you like the stock gearing i think it is one front tooth is eqaul to 2"'s in a rear tire but not sure so u can change from 22" and go with a 20" rear tire then change one tooth (i think) up front and have to have gearing or leave it for better handling and more accel. plus less top end

yellowrider
01-14-2002, 04:56 PM
hey here is what i am going to do i guess.
22inch all tracks
14tooth sproket
w/b e series pro meg

since i have the mud tires which take power i heard and then i added the sproket which takes more low end power... but since i am getting the full system . would i come out on top or just a little below.

i love climbing hills but i hit the rev limiter a whole lot more than i like but when i go up hills i wish i had more power also.

where could i split that where i could be happy with both worlds with out moded motor? or is that even possible?

R-Crazy
01-14-2002, 08:22 PM
with a big sprocket you get top end, and with smaller tires you get bottom end. maybe I am wrong, but that sounds like a cool idea. correct me if I am wrong

dave