PDA

View Full Version : jack frost h/s on sunday

ex kid
06-09-2003, 12:14 PM
who's going? i will be going if i can fix the ex from the little incident i had with a rather large tree at raush creek last sunday.
what am i in for if i race there? ive ridden there and if its on the enduros im not sure if i want to drive 2 hours to come home with flat tires and a beat up bike.

Kilabanshee
06-09-2003, 01:13 PM
I go up to jack all the time with my buddies. Are they having a enduro/cross country race. Ide be interested in going up.

jlhughes750
06-10-2003, 01:38 AM
this sunday at Jack Frost is rd. #6 of the PA State Harescramble Championship.. The track is rough and rocky. Bring lots of spares. Its a REAL GNCC style course. The course is not real technical or difficult, but its challenging because its kinda hard on parts.... Its also fun cause u can ride the tracks afterwards..... I'm sure all the Pro's will make it back from the GNCC in Va. on sat. to race this event.. even Smiley comes to this race now and again???

COME OUT AND CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LATER,J

Derno24
06-10-2003, 03:16 AM
Yeah Definitely bring the 6 plys. This race is brutal to tires. I have been there twice rough course.

Kilabanshee
06-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Yeah Whats the tracks name because ive been on all a them and have no trouble getting around.

Derno24
06-10-2003, 02:23 PM
It isn't a track name they use parts of the medium and long trail and then head towards the ski slopes. I think that part is the cool part. The course changes too soo things for one race may not be the same for the next.

QuadRacer041
06-10-2003, 11:14 PM
i think racer101 and myself may be there.
what time should we be there?

Derno24
06-11-2003, 02:11 AM
I think the race starts at 11:00. I will be there no later than 10:00. I will be talking to the event runners Bromley's today so I will get exact times.

jlhughes750
06-11-2003, 02:25 AM
get there early, 7-8 am and WALK THE FIRST MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its always a great idea with any track, but this one especially!!!!!!
theres alot of places that u can make passes after the start, and there are many places that it looks like u can but will end up ripping an A arm off!! so be careful and really check it out don't just walk through the trail and think it'll help. The tough thing about this track is that its fast and rough as apposed to slow and rough. Fast and Rough is a dangerous combo!!!

I'll be up there early, checking things out.

see ya'll there
later,J

Derno24
06-11-2003, 04:34 AM
I know all about areas to pass. Stay out of the high grass. I saw a lane to pass last year in the high grass. I didn't notice the tree stump until I was on top of it. Flew right over the bars bent the steering stem and other goodies. Real quick race for me. It was over before it started.:rolleyes:

jlhughes750
06-11-2003, 05:39 AM
YEP!!!!!!:mad:

Derno24
06-11-2003, 08:29 AM
jl I definitely have to meet up with you.

jlhughes750
06-11-2003, 10:41 AM
maroon and silver chev ext.cab. no fancy trailer of camper just the basics...... blue ez up ..... i'll either have the red EX #750 w/stock pipe or i'll have the ROLL R w/silver and blue, not sure yet... depends on the weather... i'll look for u there, don't know who to look for but i'll look. i'll probably have a Powerline ATV shirt on red or silver

later,J

Derno24
06-11-2003, 10:52 AM
I think we met once at the Mother's day race maybe. I drive a platinum Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab P/U with a Black 7x14 enclosed trailer. If my parts show up for the Dale I will be riding a decal less 2003 LE. Looks kind of odd. When you see it ask how it got that way and be prepared for a story. I will look for you when I get there.

Kilabanshee
06-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Well i might come up but iam not 100% sure. If i do ill be in a gmc envoy with a fairly large stell mesh trailer. Red 400ex with some goodies.

ZRacer
06-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Since, I know you both really well. I will do my part in introducing the to of you. This way, If Jason decides to wear different clothes or drive another truck, then you can still get to meet each other. It will be a real honor on my part.:D

ex kid
06-12-2003, 02:05 AM
well, i have a bent lower a arm, my bumper's mounts are about 3 inches offset to the wrong side, and i fixed my throttle cable. the a arm is only bent a little, and the bumper is nothing i havn't fixed before so its up to my dad now, i think he wants to go though. the weather looks great. its going to be muddy though. if im there ill be in a silver 3/4 ton chevy with a black landscapers trailer.

Derno24
06-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Listen to Harlen. What a guy!!! Now if only he can stay out of a fight we will all be happy.:devil:

The dale should be up and running for this weekend so here we go.

jlhughes750
06-12-2003, 02:33 AM
hmmm R or EX hmmmm, i guess i'll wait to see if it drys out a little. i like the EX its alot of fun, but why drive jeep when theres a Hummer in the garage.... It'll feel like i just got out of training camp when i ride the Roll again. The EX rides a little rough and i am hoping it'll be dry enough to run the R with out blowing it up...hahahaha

Kilabanshee
06-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Jl i jus noticed your sponsered by montgomeryville cycle i was wondering if you would wann meet there and ill go up to the race with you. Its like 15 minutes from my house.

QuadRacer041
06-12-2003, 01:52 PM
looks like we're goin, see u guys there

jlhughes750
06-13-2003, 01:46 AM
don't forget the duck boots and slickers!!!!!!

actually i think it'll be nice on sunday

Derno24
06-13-2003, 03:09 AM
I am figuring on the worst hoping on the best...Last weekend sucked at Ft of the Mt. and the course wasn't even that long. Of course it might have sucked simply because of my problems. OH WELL:ermm: :ermm:

jlhughes750
06-13-2003, 04:31 AM
i skipped the Ft. last week and went to Rausch, we ran the 7 mile course from the HS the week before it was a mess but is was good practice. we did around 5 or 6 laps on it.

yeah i am hoping for the best this weekend, Frost is never that messy in the woods anyway...

later, J

Derno24
06-13-2003, 04:38 AM
That is what I like to hear...Not that messy. Besides at jack you are further up the mountain and not at the bottom. I think that helps too..

QuadRacer041
06-13-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
i skipped the Ft. last week and went to Rausch, we ran the 7 mile course from the HS the week before it was a mess but is was good practice. we did around 5 or 6 laps on it.

yeah i am hoping for the best this weekend, Frost is never that messy in the woods anyway...

later, J

i didnt see u at rausch, why didnt u come up and say hey,
u got apic of your bike?

jlhughes750
06-13-2003, 06:29 AM
u didn't see me but i saw you!!!!!!!

i was hiding in the woods all day with Sasquatch!!!!!

i'll meet u all this weekend...

later, J

Derno24
06-13-2003, 07:46 AM
JL seems to be one of those guys that blends into the group and is there, but you don't realize it. Very James Bond style.

jlhughes750
06-13-2003, 08:59 AM
i even have a stock pipe on the quad so i can sneak around unnoticed!!!!! If i don't meet up with y'all before the race, come up to the A line at the start and look for the outta shape guy on the red EX with a stock pipe, then watch me pull the holeshot with the stocker!!!!!!!!!

ex kid
06-13-2003, 10:39 AM
he's not lyin about pullin the holeshot on a stocker. i saw him do it at raush. pretty impressive.

Derno24
06-13-2003, 01:01 PM
I can't watch I be the fat guy on the z in the c class. I will stop up in the a class line to say hi.

Kilabanshee
06-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Yeah if iam racing this weekend i have to go into C. I dunno its kinda sketchy cause iam really 14 and i have to lie to get into the race. I Really look like iam 18 because iam like 6,1 180lbs i could easily pass. Would this be a good first race? Jl what do you go done to the ex so far?

ex kid
06-14-2003, 12:32 AM
kila banshee. i'm 15, and how do you think i get into all the ama races. u just do it. have your dad there to sign all the paperwork cause there's alot of it the first time. then when ur ready to register for the race put 4 stroke c down and put the stickers on you helmet and find your line. if you need help find one of the dudes from exriders and see if you can get some help. if im there ill give you a hand.

Kilabanshee
06-14-2003, 03:03 AM
Yeah i wouldnot have a problem lyin, but what happens if i get caught? Jl ill talk to my mom this weekend and see if i can get a ride up there. I got a trailer that can hold 2 quads that i could hook up to anyones truck for the day.

400exrider400ex
06-14-2003, 03:11 AM
i was planning on going up there just to ride...will people still be able to ride and not race??

06-14-2003, 05:23 AM
:( too bad I have others plans ...or ..I would come up & show ya how its done ;) :confused2

Derno24
06-14-2003, 08:00 AM
If you get a parent to go you don't have to lie. The parents sign the release. Just make sure you get there early enough so you have plenty of time to sign up. Everyone up there is good people and will be more than willing to give you a hand.

This is a pretty rocky course, but in my book any race is a good first race. Just get out there and do it.

400exrider400ex
06-14-2003, 08:14 AM
so is the park still open for general riding:confused:

Derno24
06-14-2003, 08:43 AM
The mx stuff is...The enduro courses I am not too sure about them.

400exrider400ex
06-14-2003, 09:16 AM
ok cool...thanks

06-14-2003, 12:39 PM
:D Sun will be out and so will I:cool: Racer041 and I will be there. Just got some New fronts to wreck on the rocks:eek:

ex kid
06-15-2003, 11:51 AM
it was a rough track with some BIG hills. lou i saw you in your trailer, i was i going to stop but i had to go register. who else was ther?. i saw j.

ex kid
06-15-2003, 12:45 PM
o yea i got 2nd in my class. 0-230cc.

QuadRacer041
06-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
o yea i got 2nd in my class. 0-230cc.

congrats on your finish, you should have stopped by.
i was havin a great time and was doing good until lap#4 when my spidle shaft broke right off.......:grr: :eek:
then the nightmare began, lol
i say my freind go by so he knew i was out the there, then i say j hughes(sp?) he stopped to say high while i was in distress,:D
he was kind enough to introdose himself and then take off,,,,,j/k
i wound up walkin for over an hour to get back...all up hill mind you.then it took about another hour to get my bike back cause i had to wait for the bikes to finish

im postin pics of the damage in a new thread in the racing forum.

ZRacer
06-15-2003, 03:49 PM
I heard that Lou and Ralph both had to walk back to get their quads towed in. I wish I could have been there, but I didn't have my quads ready. It was a real costly race to miss since it dropped me from 1st to 2nd place for the State Series, and 2nd to 3rd for the District. Oh well, can't get to them all.

I hope everyone had fun :)

QuadRacer041
06-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ZRacer
I heard that Lou and Ralph both had to walk back to get their quads towed in. I wish I could have been there, but I didn't have my quads ready. It was a real costly race to miss since it dropped me from 1st to 2nd place for the State Series, and 2nd to 3rd for the District. Oh well, can't get to them all.

I hope everyone had fun :)

u know that guy ralph?we walked back the whole way together, we really didnt even talk to each other i think we were both to tired to talk, :rolleyes:

Pappy
06-16-2003, 02:16 AM
what did ralph tear up now:confused:

jlhughes750
06-16-2003, 02:48 AM
i think he ran outta gas, his carb was leaking a little during the race. then he got gas and it still wouldn't start..

sorry to hear u guys had to walk, i told the guy on a utilty(after he almost hit me head on going the wrong way) that there were still 2 guys needing towed.

BTW i sucked bad yesterday, stopped a few times to shoot the bull with guys that were broke. just felt crappy all day. went to the local dirt track for some car racing on sat, night i guess i drank too much!!!!

saw racer 101's quad flipping several times down the big hill climb after he was leading the Vet class. ouch

later,J

Derno24
06-16-2003, 02:50 AM
My day was over quick bent axle which I raced on for a full lap...Also ripped off skid and bent sprocket. I was able to baby it back in took awhile, but I made it. I will finish this race once if it kills me. I have been there 3 times and haven't finished yet.

QuadRacer041
06-16-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
what did ralph tear up now:confused:

who is this ralph, is he a member of exriders?

QuadRacer041
06-16-2003, 04:57 AM
i think he ran outta gas, his carb was leaking a little during the race. then he got gas and it still wouldn't start..

sorry to hear u guys had to walk, i told the guy on a utilty(after he almost hit me head on going the wrong way) that there were still 2 guys needing towed.

BTW i sucked bad yesterday, stopped a few times to shoot the bull with guys that were broke. just felt crappy all day. went to the local dirt track for some car racing on sat, night i guess i drank too much!!!!

saw racer 101's quad flipping several times down the big hill climb after he was leading the Vet class. ouch

later,J

kenny(racer101) said that wasnt him that rolled down the hill, dont know who it was....

Pappy
06-16-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by quad041
who is this ralph, is he a member of exriders?

yep...ralph13....gncc B class currently 7th in points i beleive. races a red 440 ...

jlhughes750
06-16-2003, 05:54 AM
QUAD 041 who else there other then yourself had a yellow R with a red frame???? ask him if was leading the vet class on the first lap??? cause this was the first guy to catch me, i raced 4strk A, and after a few miles of being in last place, other classes began catchin me, he was the first one to catch me, i know it was him that passed me in the woods, then a few turns later we came to the hill, it look like he went to the left cause there was this sweet yellow quad flipping down, i yelled r u ok!!! and the guy said just keep going i'm fine....
Anyway was he leading on the first lap or what?????

later, J

QuadRacer041
06-16-2003, 06:16 AM
QUAD 041 who else there other then yourself had a yellow R with a red frame???? ask him if was leading the vet class on the first lap??? cause this was the first guy to catch me, i raced 4strk A, and after a few miles of being in last place, other classes began catchin me, he was the first one to catch me, i know it was him that passed me in the woods, then a few turns later we came to the hill, it look like he went to the left cause there was this sweet yellow quad flipping down, i yelled r u ok!!! and the guy said just keep going i'm fine....
Anyway was he leading on the first lap or what?????

later, J

yea he was leading the first lap but he said he didnt crash, on the second lap he got a flat and had to put thats why he fell back in the feild, the only other yellow bike i saw in the vet class was a 400 i think. ill ask him again though.

pappy that is so funny that we didnt even know who the other was, we spent over an hour walkin together but like i said we didnt talk much cause we were so tired, i wish i would have said who i was..... o well

jlhughes750
06-16-2003, 06:23 AM
thats funny that u walked together, after i saw him i said theres another guy right over there that has a broken spindle, just in case u get lonely!!!!!!!!

ZRacer
06-16-2003, 06:35 AM
Ralph13 is a Cool guy! If the race is cancelled next Sunday at Back Mountain. I am planning on going to Rausch Creek for some riding on Sunday.

Derno24
06-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Ok I saw Ralph after the race and he was still waiting to get his machine out of the woods. He even spoke to Harlen through my phone. I keep missing everyone else. I gotta learn to be more social.

On a side note: There was a quad in 4 stroke C that went down the hill. It was on the first lap and would have been no where near the lead guys. It was a red 300ex I think. I couldn't tell I saw it after the race. Bike was in pretty bad shape.

Kilabanshee
06-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Sorry that i didnot make it up guys. Me and my friends had our own scramble that me got on tape. I got 2nd place and lost too this yoshimura piped z-400 with a bunch off goodies on it. There was a total of i think 11 racers.

ex kid
06-16-2003, 08:25 AM
i was right behind the 300ex that flipped down the ski slope! it looked like he got hit once then the bike ended up on all four wheels and started haulin down the slope to the flat part where a track marshel grabed it. i have never been so friggin scared on a quad. i couldn't change my line either becuase there was a blaster to my left and the 300ex rider luckly moved or it would have been bad for both of us. alot of guys broke down. rob hertz's rear shock blew, and tom hertz's throttle cable broke. chirs won tho. man he is really fast.

lou next race i see you i'll be sure to stop by

denero what bike were you on in what class?

pappy was there?

Derno24
06-16-2003, 08:27 AM
I was riding a yellow z400 in 4stroke C...I only got a lap and a half if that. You probably passed me sometime after the barrels That is when I started having more problems.

ex kid
06-16-2003, 11:36 AM
i dont remember passing you but im pretty sure i saw you on the line but not the first turn cause of all the dust.

o who wants to laugh? heres a good one. im sitting there on the line with 10 blaster and its on the bike both hands on the bars start so im like o i got electric start peice of cake. (i knew i wasnt getting the holeshot casue my bike is slower but back to the story) the starter gives the 10 sec warning i turn the key on and the flag drops and the bike wont start. hear i think i forgot to turn the key on so i turn it off when it was on!!!! what i did was i shifted into first before the bike completley turned over and since i dont have a clutch the bike wont start in gear..so once i figure out what i did and get it fired i was about 10 seconds behind, i dont think i touched the brakes going into the first turn. good news i caught a passed like 4 guys in the first 4 miles.

propartsracing
06-16-2003, 03:57 PM
kenny(racer101) said that wasnt him that rolled down the hill, dont know who it was....

Hey,

that was our buddy, Scott Lutzky who rolled down the entire ski slop from top to bottom. He was racing the vet class & was in 1st or 2nd when that happened. Got back on after a while & finished 5th. Then he went with my hubby, Mike, to ride the MX track after the race & crashed REALLY hard on a double... they closed the track down for 20 minutes while the EMS guys checked him out. He could barely walk when they got back to the house... poor guy.

I was bummin that I didn't go, Mike said he had a great battle with Borich the entire race. Said it was alot of fun!

See ya,

Trish

ex kid
06-17-2003, 07:59 AM
mike did have a great battle with chris. they lapped me at the end of my third and last lap. they were really flyin when they went by me and then got held up by a little punk on a predator. ask mike im sure he'll remember.

QuadRacer041
06-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by propartsracing
Hey,

that was our buddy, Scott Lutzky who rolled down the entire ski slop from top to bottom. He was racing the vet class & was in 1st or 2nd when that happened. Got back on after a while & finished 5th. Then he went with my hubby, Mike, to ride the MX track after the race & crashed REALLY hard on a double... they closed the track down for 20 minutes while the EMS guys checked him out. He could barely walk when they got back to the house... poor guy.

I was bummin that I didn't go, Mike said he had a great battle with Borich the entire race. Said it was alot of fun!

See ya,

Trish

what kind and color bike was your buddy who crashed riding, i raced the vet class too.
also what kind and color bike was mike riding?what class?

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:18 AM
I forgot I had these pics of the start...and some other pics.

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:19 AM
I don't know which classes these are from so If you recognize people just chime in...I know myself of course.

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:21 AM
I wish I could remember the order of starting. The wife took these pics.

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Some more...

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:22 AM
I know this was my class C class start...

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:23 AM
A couple more...

Derno24
06-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Prior to the race

QuadRacer041
06-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
I wish I could remember the order of starting. The wife took these pics.

thats me right in the center lookin like a dumb ***** cause my bike didnt start on the first kick.........:mad: :grr: :mad: :grr:

Derno24
06-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Oooopps sorry...

Pappy
06-17-2003, 12:50 PM
thats me right in the center lookin like a dumb ***** cause my bike didnt start on the first kick.........:mad: :grr: :mad: :grr:

i was gettin reay to ask WTF:blah:

propartsracing
06-17-2003, 03:20 PM
what kind and color bike was your buddy who crashed riding, i raced the vet class too.
also what kind and color bike was mike riding?what class?

Scott, who raced Vet, was on a really TRICKED out yellow/black 400EX - #17. Mike (#21) & Chris Borich (#4) both raced the 4-stroke A class & were both on Yellow Suzuki Z400's.

Trish

QuadRacer041
06-17-2003, 11:43 PM
ok cool i remember seein the yellow 400ex, it was sweet

jlhughes750
06-18-2003, 01:15 AM
thats me on the hill in pic #2 (far outside red EX blue gear) my bike would not turn over, then i could not hear if it was running(stock pipe) that was the start of a crappy race.

the start order is 2strk A,4strk A, Vet,4strkB,2strkB....

BTW, the bike i saw leading the VET class on lap one was not Lutsky it was a yellow R, the same one u can see pulling the holeshot in the pics!!!!!!! Also the yellow R that flipped was not on the ski slope hill it was in the woods near the end of the lap on the hill climb before the slopes!!!!!!!!! IN THE WOODS..

propartsracing
06-18-2003, 04:02 AM
BTW, the bike i saw leading the VET class on lap one was not Lutsky it was a yellow R, the same one u can see pulling the holeshot in the pics!!!!!!! Also the yellow R that flipped was not on the ski slope hill it was in the woods near the end of the lap on the hill climb before the slopes!!!!!!!!! IN THE WOODS..

Hey Jay,

I was referring to someone elses post about a 400EX VET racer that flipped down the ski slope... which was Lutzky. Guess someone else must have flipped a yellow R in the woods.

Trish

propartsracing
06-18-2003, 04:07 AM
Jay, this is the post I was referring to....

yea he was leading the first lap but he said he didnt crash, on the second lap he got a flat and had to put thats why he fell back in the feild, the only other yellow bike i saw in the vet class was a 400 i think. ill ask him again though.

jlhughes750
06-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Hope Scott is alright, thats why i don't play on the MX track, especially with other people around, u tend to get ahead of your self. Man, i hope this does not discourage him from coming back out, i was glad to see him start racing again. He and I had alot of fun a few years ago in 250 A at the GNCC's.
later, J

pineway
06-20-2003, 02:27 PM
I was that 300ex that went down the ski slope. On my way up the hill my grip slipped off the handlebars, guess it was from the water, then the wheels turned and the quad went sideways and flipped down. Then it went to the bottom of the hill after that it ended up rolling down the ski slope. Sucked pretty bad.

ex kid
06-20-2003, 03:32 PM
yo dude i was the kid on the 250ex behind you if you remeber. all i remeber is you in my path and they divin out of the way. good thing you moved cause it would have really gotten ugly.

ex kid
06-21-2003, 02:14 AM
does anyone else have any pics? i saw alot of people taking pictures

Derno24
06-21-2003, 03:25 AM
I hope you are ok...The machine didn't look to good. Are you putting it back together or getting something different?

pineway
06-21-2003, 05:47 AM
yeah i got a used frame for it. theres not much wrong except the frame, exhaust and steering stem. Rims are messed up but its actually not as bad as it looked.