PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch toast... billet?!?

thejeepdude
06-09-2003, 09:41 AM
OK, so I rolled my quad again, and this time it took out the headlight switch. The plastic housing is shot, and the switch is falling out. I looked on servicehonda.com and they want over 50 bux for this thing!!!:eek2: What a ripoff! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of a billet, or at least better replacement headlight/kill switch? I'm thinkin I might try to find a billet headlight switch for a harley or other bike and then just get a racing style kill switch and forget about the stock one.... ideas?

OutlawEX
06-09-2003, 02:02 PM
I never heard of a billet one.. Just browse ebay and see what pops up

thejeepdude
06-09-2003, 02:06 PM
OK, forget billet... how about any replacement that's not friggin 50 bucks for a hunk of plastic with a few switches in it? I've been watching ebay, but nothing so far. Nothing I could find searching the web either. I have found a couple of "almost's" but they either had turn signal switches i didn't need and/or they didn't have the starter button. Seriously, I'm thinking about fabricating a handlebar clamp mounted dashboard that has the keyswitch stuff and handlebar switch stuff all in one place...

OutlawEX
06-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Im sure u can rig up a toggle switch to it or any other motor cycle may work

bmw500hp
06-09-2003, 04:30 PM
I have thought of getting rid of that p.o.s. anyway, always hit the kill at the wrong time! :eek2: