PDA

View Full Version : kenda XC klaws

Martin Blair
06-09-2003, 06:12 AM
I need some new tires, rears at least, because stock has way ti much wheel spin, i was wodnering if the kenda XC tires are any good or should i go with holeshot XCR or maxis razors?

anywhereEx
06-09-2003, 06:27 AM
I really like the klaws that i have on the back of my ex. Some people say that they are soft but I have not had a problem to date with them and they are quite a bit cheaper to.

hawiianpwr
06-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Go for it there worth it.

thejeepdude
06-09-2003, 11:20 AM
I just put Klaw XCR's and XCF's on my 400ex last week... I love 'em. I put them on my stock rims and run about 3psi in the rears. The hook up is much better, but they still let you slide when you want to... but with more control. They love the rocks, grip like crazy, and amazingly they actually did OK in the sand this past weekend, although I still ended up putting the paddles on for that. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-10-2003, 03:58 AM
I have the mx klaws and really like them. but can't say for trail riding I hear they are awesome for trails also but I do not have experience with them. I have the Holeshot xcr for trail riding and they work rather well.. the only thing with the xcr would be ground clearance. I only got stuck a couple of times at Hatfield McCoy..

MEL
06-10-2003, 02:19 PM
i ran xcr's last year and just put the klaws on this spring. the klaws don't have much more ground clearance than the xcr's. they handle everything great though. and for the price, its worth a try.

user101
06-10-2003, 03:41 PM
i have the knarly's for the rear and klaw xcf on the front. i love mine. the knarly's hook up much better than razors. the only thing i have noticed about them is that the fronts seem to push at high speed cornering on hardpack.i guess that kinda typical because i have yet to find a tire that doesnt. these tires are great and they are alot cheaper than holeshots or razors.

spud400ex
06-11-2003, 03:59 AM
i run knarlys on back of mine and they are awesome. they slide real easily and i havent had any flats since i got them and the stock rear tires had 4 flats. im getting klaws for the front when i get the money.

bmw500hp
06-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by MEL
i ran xcr's last year and just put the klaws on this spring. the klaws don't have much more ground clearance than the xcr's. they handle everything great though. and for the price, its worth a try.

Mel, I have xcr's and like them,,,but thinking of the klaws for something new. Can you tell me the advantage/disavantage over the holeshot xcr in XC, woods, hillclimb style riding. tnx..

MEL
06-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
Mel, I have xcr's and like them,,,but thinking of the klaws for something new. Can you tell me the advantage/disavantage over the holeshot xcr in XC, woods, hillclimb style riding. tnx..
i think the xcrs are a softer compound rubber. i'm not sure if thats good or bad. they get great traction but wear faster. the klaws are a little harder compound so you can't run as much air pressure, so the side walls have a little more flex. so far i like the klaws. last year i went through four rear xcrs, all because of flats. and not just small ones, two sidewalls and two treads. i can't beleive that they were all my fault either since i ran my stock rear tires with no flats at all. one of the reasons i chose the klaws is i wanted a little more ground clearance but didn't want to have to go to a 22" tire. i think i gained a 1/2 " of clearance, i thought i'd gain more, but overall no complaints with the klaws. and like i said before, for the price i thought they were worth a try.

bmw500hp
06-11-2003, 07:33 PM
thanks mel...much appreciated!

Bunkerking217
06-12-2003, 04:37 AM
the klaws spin more than the xcrs. i have both and it seems like the klaws are more for packed surfaces and the mx track even when they are turned around. the xcrs hook up way more in the woods and for hills.

Bunkerking217
06-12-2003, 04:38 AM
ive had mine for about a year and ive never had a flat on them, they are 6-ply, and i also have at least 85% tread left

MEL
06-12-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Bunkerking217
ive had mine for about a year and ive never had a flat on them, they are 6-ply, and i also have at least 85% tread left
klaws or xcrs?

Bunkerking217
06-12-2003, 01:10 PM
xcrs, sorry. ive only had the klaws a few months and wont have a flat on them until i get one on my xcrs or get on a mx track......i dont use them that much