PDA

View Full Version : need a little help

dirtmomma
06-09-2003, 03:12 AM
OK well we're replacing the clutch in my 300 & can't get the Boss nut off!!!!! We made a special tool for our blaster but OF COURSE it won't fit on the 300, so I'm wondering what you guys use?? May end up having to wait till Tues. for bike shop to open to see if they sell something but would prefer NOT to do that. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!:D

GNCC#829
06-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I have never worked on a clutch before, but I am assuming that everything is wanting to turn with your wrench. If that is so, try an impact gun.

dirtmomma
06-10-2003, 03:03 AM
WOW how disappointing!!! I thought more of you worked on your own bikes on here!!!!!!!:huh :rolleyes: :ermm: Must be nice to be able to afford to have someone wrench on your bike all the time;) Yeah the clutch is turning but I'll figure it out myself. You guys need to work on your own chit more!!!!!! j/p

airheadedduner
06-10-2003, 05:29 AM
If by boss nut you mean the one that bolts down the center hub with the locking tab you need an impact. It is also reverse thread I think. I know thats how it is on my R. We took one of my old steel plates, and welded a handle to it so it holds the center hub and fits in the slot for the outer basket to keep it from turning. It helps a lot. If I were you I would invest in a little hand held impact. It is a little handheld tool that you turn slightly by hand but hit on the end with a hammer. Geat for loosening thoose stuburn nuts and bolts.

GNCC#829
06-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey! ;) I work on everything on my quad myself, I just have never had any clutch problems!;)

dirtmomma
06-11-2003, 02:50 AM
Well we got it off, yes we needed an air impact so we don't have our compressor wired for 110 yet so I loaded it up & scooted it down to the local bike shop & had a mechanic break the nut loose!! He did it in about 5 seconds!!! Yes we have one of the hand impacts but I guess Ron didn't want to use that?? Who knows but anyway IT'S DONE!!!! WOW what a difference too, my old clutch was on a wish & prayer, it was soooo wore out when I would start it in gear it would go by itself!! Now it's gonna hook up good I think, mucho better!!!:D Just givin ya a bad time GNCC#829;)

GNCC#829
06-11-2003, 08:38 AM
;)