PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

carbonfiber440
06-08-2003, 06:00 PM
I need a new clutch. Had a White-bros heavy duty for about a year now and its slips really bad, took out the springs and they were worn really bad. lookin to replace it here this week. i am just lookin for opions on what to get and what works for y'all, lookin at stock steel and fiber plates with CR springs, or else a barnett clutch kit but i am unsure of wich kit to go with. i am gonna try and start to mx race here in about 3 weeks also. other than that i mainly fast trail ride and open desert.
thanks.
carbon

carbonfiber440
06-09-2003, 07:19 PM
anyone?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-10-2003, 03:41 AM
I have an EBC in my bike and haven't had any problems and we have also used the Barnett without problems. I also know people on this forum have used the sparks clutch..

06-10-2003, 05:26 AM
get a hinson clutch basket with the sparks racing clutch kit...it should be about $300 but it allows u to run 8 plates instead of 7 and its cheaper then buyin the inner hub and stuff from hinson...so just get the hinson basket and the sparks racing clutch kit

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-10-2003, 05:41 AM
The sparks clutch will fit in the stock basket.

06-10-2003, 05:47 AM
i never said it wouldn't but if u use hinson basket u can use 8 plates so it will be way stronger

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-10-2003, 05:54 AM
All I said was you don't need to spend the extra money on the hinson basket because the sparks 8 plate will work in a stock basket.

Dave400ex
06-10-2003, 05:57 AM
Yeah the Sparks setup works with the stock basket. You don't need the Hinson to have the 8th plate...

06-10-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
All I said was you don't need to spend the extra money on the hinson basket because the sparks 8 plate will work in a stock basket.

This is true but i've read and heard that running beefy engines with the sparks 8 plate setup and stock basket has caused those stock baskets to literally blow itself all to hell...:(

I guess one day in my life I'll put the hinson basket and sparks setup in my quad...:ermm: I can say they make great paper wieghts on my desk at home....:o

UglyMotha™
06-10-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Rico
This is true but i've read and heard that running beefy engines with the sparks 8 plate setup and stock basket has caused those stock baskets to literally blow itself all to hell...:(

I guess one day in my life I'll put the hinson basket and sparks setup in my quad...:ermm: I can say they make great paper wieghts on my desk at home....:o

how bout if you send them my way and i'll put them to good use until your ready for them :macho