PDA

View Full Version : White Bros E-Series

Alberta EX
01-06-2002, 04:52 PM
I am thinking about getting a E-Series pipe for my 02 400EX, How many discs should I run with?I think it comes with 12? More power is what I am after but I don't want an overly LOUD bike. It would also be nice if I don't have to mess with the carb too much if at all...They also offer lots of accessories,disc shields,end caps etc. Is any of this needed?

01-06-2002, 05:17 PM
I want to get a megamax 2 for my 250EX...i dont know much about the pipes, i was wondering what part of Alberta are you in? i live like 40mins away from Red-Deer

01-06-2002, 07:09 PM
You're right.... they do come with 12disc for the 400ex. The exhaust is going to be louder, but only you can make the decision of it being too loud. However, you will notice a difference in sound! Dont worry about jetting if your not doing a aftermarket filter or modifying your airbox. Follow the directions for tuning the exhaust that came with it. I run mine with twelve disc and is good to go.... but no one engine is the same, you may need to add or remove some discs depending the outcome of your first run. I hope this helps... and enjoy your new exhaust!

max400EX
01-06-2002, 07:27 PM
Alberta: Do you want the slip-on (S-Bend) or Full System (Pro-Meg)?

Viper: Mega Max's are made for utility Quads... not good for sport quads

01-06-2002, 10:06 PM
What would be a good pipe for my quad???

max400EX
01-06-2002, 10:09 PM
E-Series or Graydon are your best bet.

Oh yea, Pyramid speakers are one of the lowest quality speakers.. wait untill you hear some JL Audio or Rockford Fosgate's :)

Alberta EX
01-07-2002, 09:41 AM
MAX, I am looking at the slip on E-Series, I have a K&N filter with outerwears and holes in the air box lid. I like the idea of being able to adjust the sound level / horsepower of the silencer.

Viper, I live 30 min from Reddeer, We ride on the Blindman River, its a blast ripping down the ice!

doctor_915
01-07-2002, 10:59 AM
I have the same set up on my bike, You will definitaly have to re jet, and 12 discs isn't overly loud, to me anyways, good luck with your new pipe.

PS- Fosgate XLC Punch 12's' 4 of em w/ 2 amps....soon to be Audiobahn though, but pyramid and pyle suck dude.

krazykurtk
01-08-2002, 04:27 AM
I have experienced excellent customer service with WB. I'd buy one. I had a crack in mine from all the excessive pounding on the motocross track all summer. I sent it in and they hooked me up free of charge. No questions asked.

01-08-2002, 12:50 PM
Ya, i go quading by the blindman also, I actually live like 15mins from Rimbey.

But ya, i think my pyramids are actually not bad...., its their new line, there built really well, but ya, i wouldent mind getting some MTX 8000's:)

TRX250EXER
01-09-2002, 12:36 AM
I just recently got the e-series for my 250ex and I tried rejetting and it screwed everything up. I couldnt get it tuned right with the direction that come with the dynojet kit. Then just yesterday I read in the directions with the e-series that the e-series is designed for power gains without having to rejet! I think it said with an aftermarket airfilter you might have to go up a main jet or 2. But thats about it. So yes I think this pipe would be great for you since you dont want to play with the carb. I'm just trying to get mine tuned right since its all screwy. I went back to stock jetting but still isnt running right. At the top of the gears before it even hits the rev limiter it hesitates and shakes like it wants to stop. Does this mean I'm still too rich? Im gonna play with the air/feul mixture screw a little and see if that does it. If anybody happens to know the postitions of the pilot jet air mixture screw and the idle screw please let me know. Also what needle postion is the clip on stock. I played with these so much I forgot where they were in the beginning. Thanks

400exBro
01-09-2002, 03:34 PM
that means your giving your engine too much food( gas) you should go down a couple of main jets , because if it studers at 3/4 to wot your main jet is to large
thats what i am told.
I am running a 160 main and runs perfectly fine no poping or studering.
You don't have to change the jetting just play around with the disks ... Adding more will make more mid to top end power but you get more complaints( gets louder as you add more) and some off you get low end torque and the birds won't fly away( gets quieter with more disks removed from the pipe)
lata
400exBro

01-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Always remember,,,,Only rejet when you have to rejet. Any time you do anything to a motor,,,do the change and run the bike and see before you put your cart in front of the horse..or rejet when ya dont' have to...jetting flat out sucks..