PDA

View Full Version : what size tires do you recommend

cron-ex
01-06-2002, 04:34 PM
i was lookin for some new rims and tires for my 300ex. I do basically trail riding. I dont race. But in an ad for GWC in ATV action, they have tire packages. I want somtin like Razrs, or Shredders. Well what size rims should i get? THey have 20x11x8 , 20x11x9, and 20x11x10. I was thikin the 20x11x9. but im not sure if that would be a good size for trail riding. Also what type of tire would you reccomend for trail riding? thanks for any input

cron-ex
01-07-2002, 07:59 AM
no help?:(

EX_RIDER
01-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Are you running the stock wheels now?
Why not just get some tires for them.Stock honda wheels are tough as heck.You stock wheel is a 9 inch.You could run a
20-11-9 on that or a 22-11-9.

Tire wize.
I my self love to run the 6 ply 20-11-9 razers on stock wheels for my xc riding stlye.My buddies just got the new holeshot
XCR 20-11-9 and I tried them out.I think I like them better then my current tire.I will get them next on some carbon wheels for xc.

But if you get after market wheels with that tire package.Tell them you want to upgrade to the .190 red label wheels.The are almost tough as stock.I don't like them cause they don't have a rolled edge on them.If ya want,get some race rings on them and they will last.

JabberJaw
01-07-2002, 01:34 PM
I kinda like the round ones!

cron-ex
01-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Im running the stock tires and rims now. I think i might try those new holeshot xcrs, if they are good for trails. I figured i would get the package deal with .190's cuz i dint think it would hurt to have some spare rims.

Jabber, im priveledged that you said somthing funny in my thread. What would we do without you.:D

kid300ex
01-07-2002, 06:37 PM
I run All Traks and Im mostly a trail rider but when these get down to get new ones Im getting Razors 20-11-9 on some beadlocks and Razor fronts

AlaskaSpeed
01-08-2002, 06:17 AM
Jabber,
There is a difference between grumpy and sick of being flamed. This is what I was talking about when I posted the thread about "Site Quality". I don't know why you feel you need to talk about me, but I would appreciate it if you would stop referring to me in your posts if they are negative......What is so hard about this?.......JIM

Max400
01-08-2002, 06:30 AM
Can't we all just get along!!

01-08-2002, 06:38 AM
Come on guys lets play nice or no more playing on the play ground at lunch,,,you'll have to sit in class and do math homework..:D

Scott
01-08-2002, 08:46 AM
On a 300, I've seen and heard a lot of guys talking about changing the front sprocket for more top end speed. My friends did that and used 20-11X9 Holeshots and raz'rs. I left the front sprocket stock and went with 22-11X9 holeshots and seemed to get about the same effect they did.

The tire size will be a preference thing. I had 22's, tried 20's and didn't like them. My new tires will be 22's. But like I said, my friends all use 20's.

The brand is up to you as well. A lot of guys like raz'rs better, other's like holeshot's better. You won't go wrong with either one. Shredders are along the same lines as well.

I trail ride with a 300ex, and don't race mx or anything, just like you.

quadfamily
01-08-2002, 10:14 AM
I'll just add that Shredders seem to be extremely soft and probably will not last as long as the other two tires mentioned.

JabberJaw
01-08-2002, 03:44 PM
I deleted my post with referance to Alaska_Jim. There is a fine line to the rule of flaming, or just kidding around with someone. We all know Alaska_Jim is a nice guy, not to mention, intelligent, good looking, kind hearted, and a little sensative too.

I joke with people I consider to be a friend. I consider Alaska_Jim as a friend and also have nothing seriously bad to say about him. He just took what I said the wrong way.

There have been alot of complaints about the quality of this board, and I agree with the changes. But, I say, have some equality here. Let's not make so many rules that it becomes boring. Having a moderator step in on every occasion someone gets bent a little is overkill if you ask me.

Life is no fun if you don't get a little dirt on you!

Pappy
06-23-2003, 02:14 PM
jabber....do you need to wipe off;) :p

bmw500hp
06-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by cron-ex
i was lookin for some new rims and tires for my 300ex. I do basically trail riding. I dont race. But in an ad for GWC in ATV action, they have tire packages. I want somtin like Razrs, or Shredders. Well what size rims should i get? THey have 20x11x8 , 20x11x9, and 20x11x10. I was thikin the 20x11x9. but im not sure if that would be a good size for trail riding. Also what type of tire would you reccomend for trail riding? thanks for any input

cory, imoa, the holeshot 20"xcr in 9" rim would be perfect for you. I don't have to sell you on the hookup of a holeshot xcr, but will say that they are lighter than the Razor-2's. With the 300ex, why not lessen the rotating mass? Holeshot also makes an xcr in 21" for the front of your quad....