PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Advice please

RIjon
06-08-2003, 10:00 AM
I seem to be having a problem nose diving :mad:

Scared the crap out of myself two times today

Doesn't happen to me all the time ....just once in a while and Luckly I have been able to pull out of it without flying over the bars :eek2:

WTF and I doing/not doing to cause this?

I imagine I am not moving my butt back on the seat far enuff or something

Thanks for any advice,
Jon

Nausty
06-08-2003, 10:03 AM
do you go fast to hit the ramp and then let off the throttle on the face? Heres what I do. Cruise in the attack position and let off a lil right before you hit it and right up the face get on the gas. Keep it safe and start small and work your way up.

RIjon
06-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks Naust,

Tell yah the truth , I am sur eI don't do the same thing everytime I jump (part of the problem)

I get going under throttle and when I hit the jump I give it a goose just before I leave ground

Thoughts?

GETSOME
06-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Buy some magical shocks from magicalshocks.com

06-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RIjon
I seem to be having a problem nose diving :mad:

Scared the crap out of myself two times today

Doesn't happen to me all the time ....just once in a while and Luckly I have been able to pull out of it without flying over the bars :eek2:

WTF and I doing/not doing to cause this?

I imagine I am not moving my butt back on the seat far enuff or something

Thanks for any advice,
Jon

YOu are letting off the gas at the face of the jump...BIG NO NO

Keep your speed up all the way to the jump..if you let off the gas...do like nuasty said,,blip the throttle right before ya take off and I promise it'll put your nose up in the air..

Just DON"T LET OFF THE GAS AT THE FACE OF THE JUMP..... Keep the throttle all the way thru the jump,, or blip the throttle..;)

Nausty
06-08-2003, 01:02 PM
the reason I let off a lil before I hit the jump and goose it is just to help with the preloading to get the better launch. Chances are you don't understand how it works so i'd actually just do as rico says.

seven
06-08-2003, 04:06 PM
If your shocks arent set up corectly it will do this also. But you said it only happens once in a while so its probably a riding issue.

Juggalo
06-08-2003, 05:14 PM
yeah you gotta stay on the gas the whole way up the jump and especially make sure your on it off the lip. takes a little practice but nose dives will be a thing of the past!

Nausty
06-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah and truthfully you should pry be landing really far back if your nose diving. WIth my experience I think the softest landings to almost flat ground is with my front tires a lot higher than the rear and landing on the gas. Now if your gonna be landing on the downsides of ramps you should land rear tires first but just barely.

Martin Blair
06-08-2003, 08:05 PM
I need some help too, im scared **** less of jumping some of the doubles out of the track i dont know what speed to hit them at, i was thinking wait till i see another 400 out there and fallow him, but wht if its race ime and i dont know? I can clear table tops, but if you come short on the tables your fine, you come short on a double or triple your screwed.