PDA

View Full Version : 300ex engine mods

DEWIE
06-08-2003, 06:27 AM
Ok guys here is what I ended up getting my son for his 300ex. What do you think?

Wiseco 11:1 piston
Kibble White springs
gasket set
Web Cam (all around)
Hardweld rockers-need to order

Please tell me what you think about these mods on a piped and jetted 300ex with a K&N filter/outerwear and a EHS Racing outerwear airbox lid?

Lori

jaywoodsrider
06-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Sounds like a nice 300. I wish my mom rode quads and bought me some parts, lol.

Scott-300ex
06-08-2003, 08:08 AM
cool

i don't know what kind of riding you do but if you do a lot of trails or riding w/ rocks i suggest getting a bottom frame plate from PRM or somewhere else

i ordered one for mine a couple days ago

you don't want to land on a rock and mess up your newly modded motor

have fun and tell us how it runs;)

250x#93
06-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Sounds good:)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-08-2003, 03:37 PM
you just bought him a nice thumpin' motor..mom. :D

i just installed a .20 over Wiesco, (11:1) piston, and an all-around webcam...
...i asked around, and WEBshafts, plus a few other's said i didn't NEED the hardweld rocker's.keep that in mind...i mean, it's nice to have them, but not nessesary, unless you get a wilder cam.
you can use that money to get him some other mods. plate's, pipe, filter........

i ran mine for the first time yesterday..i didn't run it too hard, b/c of the break in. but, i did smoke a blaster, and warrior,...that's running at a little over half throttle..i havn't rejetted yet, so it would cut out at 3/4 throttle...it stayed real close behind a 400ex on fast trails...

does he have a complete system? (pipe) if no, go ahead and get him one. used if nothing else...also rejett, and get an aftermarkett air filter...he'll be happy..for a little while anyway.

best part...
..with that cam, it'll sound like your on the beach in cancoon listenin to the native's play the bongo's.
:bandit: :chinese: :blah:

TRX_Thumper
06-08-2003, 03:52 PM
a brand new top end with a lean main jet ....aint no excuse for that man lol

"BLAHH"300!!
06-08-2003, 04:11 PM
haha i know it man.....sounds like you know what your talkin about..so......
what size main should i run? i don't know what size is in it now, but it's not stock...it was already rejetted for the pipe/filter set up i had before the motor mods.

and havnin it like that prolly helped me out a little. i wanted to run it WOT, but couldn't...so it was acctually a good thing...but i do need to get it fixed.

Houser Cannondale
06-09-2003, 04:13 AM
try around a 135-140 main jet. i used to have a 300ex i put a 305 kit in it wiseco 11:1 compression, took out choke in carb, open airbox, k&n, full exhaust system and i also did a little porting myself and it ran really good. but i was also using dynojet jets so the numbers may be a little different. try using that though. that will give you something to worrk with. :)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-09-2003, 10:52 AM
hey man...thanx, but
i'm keepin my choke, ganna use a lid, no port work.
If you ran a 135 or 140, woldn't i need like a 130 or 135?

Would moving the needle down, help it?
down's rich, up's lean right?
and i'm lean?
so i should move it down/towards the needle tip?

Houser Cannondale
06-09-2003, 02:30 PM
that may help some but it wont help a whole lot at wot. thats where your main jet comes into play. id try richening up a couple sizes. unless you do a whole lot of mud riding id drill some holes in the airbox lid or take it completely off. i ran a k&n with outerwears and never had a single problem and i went in quite a bit of water holes and such and it never sputtered.