PDA

View Full Version : 1ST RIDE, turned out nice

"BLAHH"300!!
06-07-2003, 10:29 PM
sup' ya'll
made my first full day's ride on my bike today. It was fun, everything held up great. First thing we did was run through a creek and knock all the shine off of it. I pretty much got left 'couse i was being a prick, tryin' to keep it clean. then i said fk it and went on and got it dirty. That's what it's for...
10 bike's tottal today..me, 400ex, warrior, blaster, and the rest utility's..lot's of wrecks, and people gettin' stuck...warrior flipped twice within 10 minute's

..The 400..
I don't think it's ganna be anywhere near the speed of a 400, but i do keep up with him alot better than i did before..I didn't run it but about 1/2, 3/4 throttle.. when i raced him before, he'd leave me off the line like a fool. now he's just slowly pullin' off...like i said, i never topped it out, and didn't try TOO hard to pass him. but. we'll see later

..Got somethin' in my throught,
so i hocked up a blaster, and spit out a warrior:D ..haha
this wassn't a drag race, we were crusin' down the road, blaster got a little speed up, then the warrior passsed me like he wanted some, when he got beside the blaster, (about 2 quad lengths in front of me), i took the outside and left em' both..and yeah, they were tryin, i know i'll take em' both later couse i could blip the throttle while they cruised with their heads down, and get the jump on em...i'll wait till next weekend to race everyone for real.

splatted this dude with mud.
...crusin the trails, the guy in front of me was on an ozark...nah, it was a yamaha somethin..i don't know but he was slow and i was about to go to sleep on the trail so i went to pass him...wassn't goin that fast but a mud hole snuck up on me..had about an inch of water over the hole, with about 4/5 inches of mud under that...haha....hit it right as i passed him mud went everywhere..haha..he had a big splatt on his face legs shirt .everywhere. got his beer too..i felt bad, so i fell back and laughed about it behind his back with the rest of the group.

too many sticker's?
..i don't know....seams like a "purdy boy's bike" right now..nice n clean, the color's are brite..deffinatly stands out in the woods..hopefull it'll grpw on me after the shine wear's off.

hessitate's at high throttle.
...here's the bad news. don't wanna start a new "jetting" thread..
i can run it all day at half throttle, no problems doesn't hessitate, and pulls strong, but if i get between half and full throttle, it wants to cut out. i stuck a sock in the hole's in my airbox, and it opend a little more, but i still get a burp at 3/4 throttle. ..i need to rejett don't i? i didn't run it long WOT, but it doesn't hessitate when i do...only does it at 3/4
what jett's should i replace, and with what size. i don't know what the exact size is in there now, but it's larger than stock.
..need some feed back on this.

sorry so long...better one long post than 5 other's about dumb-stuff....conclusion....I'm happy.

oh yeah..get this...this sux....nice n purdy,BUT i have to get off, and put my foot on the battery to get a connection :mad:
long time ago, my screws and bolts from my battery connection vibrated and fell out...i didn't notice it until i stopped then it was too late...i never got around to fixing this. now i have papper clips holding everything in place..when i had shaved rears, it wassn't a big deal...just put my foot back there...now i can't and have to get off...anyone know where i can buy those square nuts that go in the terminals?...without buying a new battery...or do they even come with a new battery?l

killed300ex
06-08-2003, 12:44 AM
sounds like fun but that was a novel to read lol
killed

wb300ex
06-08-2003, 01:57 AM
nice

ny300exrider
06-08-2003, 02:44 AM
any pics of the 300?sounds fun

sweet300ex
06-08-2003, 04:23 AM
sounds like ya got a beats there Blahh

dirtmomma
06-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
any pics of the 300?sounds fun

Yeah lets see some pics!!!;) Soooo all in all what did you do to your motor?? I'm wanting to do "something" to mine as far as I know it's stock except for K&N air filter,FMF setup,& an open air box. Just waiting for my mechanic brother in law to get back from Alaska!!!! He loves to make em fast, used to wrench on thier hydro's so he knows what he's doing they have some damn fast boats!!!!!

cool 300ex
06-08-2003, 05:21 AM
Sounds like fun hope you get your jetting all worked out and everything.Try to get some pics i would like to see this ex.

Glow Plug
06-08-2003, 06:00 AM
sounds like i ton of fun do you have any pictures? :D

"BLAHH"300!!
06-08-2003, 08:27 AM
..i'll have pics in about a week or so.
i'm getting someone to scann em' and post em' for me.

motor.
.i needed to replace the rings BADD, when he busted it, he said i needed to bore, but i couldn't go over 1-1/2 locally. so i went with a .20 over Wiesco, and an All-around WEBcam. i was short on cash after buying all the body stuff, so i didn't get valves or springs. builder said all that was good anyway, and webshafts said it would be ok to use my stock parts.

..jett's
i still need some info there, i hate a carb.

L.Vegas400
06-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
anyone know where i can buy those square nuts that go in the terminals?...without buying a new battery...or do they even come with a new battery?l
i went to a yama shop, yes i said yama, and asked the service guys in the back i f they had any and they gave me two. just ask around.

RuffRyder400ex
06-08-2003, 10:20 AM
sounds like fun