PDA

View Full Version : RAZR or RAZR 2?????

motoboy66
06-07-2003, 05:52 PM
It happened. On todays ride at Flat River, I blew my stock rear tire. 3 inch rip on the sideway. I think I hight a pipe, but i am not sure. Anyways, I need some advice on what tire to replace it with. I know I want RAZR, but i do not know which one. I will be running 20x11x9 for mostly play riding with some harescrambles. I ride in some pretty rocky areas, so I need imput from those of you that are using these tires. I have a race on the 28, so I need help fast. Please list pros, cons of these tires. This was not a planned expence. I guess my silencer will have to wait yet longer. Thanks

Todd

coryatver
06-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Razr 2 are good for mud but they hook up a little to good when it is dry. Both versions come in 6 ply. So they both will work equally on rocks. Razr 2 are more expensive and harder to get.

Diedrich
06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
i like razr's..they are good tires and i dont think the razr 2's are worth the extra money

Chanman420q
06-08-2003, 09:27 AM
i love the Razrs I's... i think they hook up good. just perfect, plus they last long

06-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
i love the Razrs I's... i think they hook up good. just perfect, plus they last long I heard they wore down fast....

skemp
06-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Razrs wear quite well, and are a good tire for rocky areas.
I used to run a set on mine and they hooked up well and still have about 80% tread after more than a year of riding.

06-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
I heard they wore down fast.... i ahve a set of razr's..i used them for pretty much the whole winter season and into the bengining of summer..they still have atleast 95% tread life on them....they hook up great in all conditions as far as im conerned and are well worth the money

06-08-2003, 11:22 AM
im gonna get razrs in the front next time I get tires....right now I have c828's....NOT A GOOD TIRE, NOBODY LAUGH....i have those i nthe front & dirt devils in the back, I dont care what any of you say about the dirt devils in the back because they perform great & are 6 ply. The fronts though suck big time but haven't worn down with 600 miles on them & 60 hours.

chad502ex
06-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by motoboy66
It happened. On todays ride at Flat River, I blew my stock rear tire. 3 inch rip on the sideway. I think I hight a pipe, but i am not sure. Anyways, I need some advice on what tire to replace it with. I know I want RAZR, but i do not know which one. I will be running 20x11x9 for mostly play riding with some harescrambles. I ride in some pretty rocky areas, so I need imput from those of you that are using these tires. I have a race on the 28, so I need help fast. Please list pros, cons of these tires. This was not a planned expence. I guess my silencer will have to wait yet longer. Thanks

Todd

motoboy, I have to tell you,.. I got my new Razr2 last week and rode them for the first time over the weekend and I think they performed great! I rode xc in mountains of PA (so lots of rocks, mud, and hill-climbing) and they tracked awesome. 6 ply is a must in PA. Anyway, I recommend them BIG TIME, they are alot better than my old choice- HONDA RACE tire (Ohtsu Pro Comps)

Oh, Good luck on getting Razr2 for a while.. Maxxis can't keep up with sales, and no-one has any in stock.

Chad502EX.com

motoboy66
06-09-2003, 06:09 PM
After calling some places, it looks like I will be getting the originals. I can't find II's anywhere. I have been wanting RAZRS for a while, so now i get them. Thanks for the help.

Todd

David
06-25-2003, 08:03 AM
I just got a set of 20" Razr2 rear. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. But they look sweet.

06-25-2003, 09:08 AM
i have used both razrs and razr 2s and i have to say razrs i like way better. the IIs just hook up way to well sometimes and it can through you off(not off bike but off track). also the razrs are cheaper and were extremely well(not quick). also definately get 6 ply. question for you. did you check Rocky Mountain ATV for razr IIs. they usually always have them in stock in 6 ply.

motoboy66
06-25-2003, 07:10 PM
I sure didn't check Rocky Mountain. I got my RAZR's today from a local dealer, only 4 ply, have a race in 2 days. They were $65 a piece, so I guess I did ok. After 3 hours of trying to get the stock tires off i did and then in 10 mins had my RAZR's on. Thank you honda for the bead glue. The tires look great, and i hope they hold up well. Maybe tomarrow I will get some time on them. One last question, what preasure do most of you run? i have 8 psi in them now, but I don't know what would be best, guess I'll have to play around with them. i got the last set from the dealer, while I was there a guy tried to buy them for the same race. i think I needed them more. Thanks for the help.

Todd

lil400exman
06-26-2003, 01:21 AM
i run 5-6 so they dont pop off the bead................dont run anymore cause u will pop the tire of ya do on lil thorns and stuff:eek2:

bmw500hp
06-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Anybody compare holeshot xcr to the razor 2? wondering what differences on the hillclimbs and in the woods...

KASCHAK
06-27-2003, 04:36 PM
well they were my first tires i got when the stock ones went. your regret it. normal riding with about 20ft of pavemnt to the gas station they lasted about a month. dont get me wrong they hook up good and i never got a flat but they wear too much. if they would make the lugs on them deeper they would be a great tire.

GNCC#829
06-28-2003, 04:12 AM
Unless you are riding in mud all of the time, I would go with the regular razrs.