PDA

View Full Version : 300EX Exhaust

dbsbl1
06-07-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm sure someone can help me with this. I've got a DG extended head pipe (I guess you would call it that) with the DG megaphone. I'd like to keep the pipe and was wondering if I could switch the megaphone with another muffler/silencer, say like a FMF MegaMaxII or something similar.

This may be a dumb question, could I use one intended for a 400EX? :confused:

Brad
06-07-2003, 03:25 PM
i think you can, just buy a whole new system and dont get a megamax, dont buy fmf, get a sparks x-4 for 280 from c and d racing, it s a one peice pipe so you dont have ot worryh about head pipe and silencer, just relocate your brake rezzie and cut th bottom of your plactics where it almost touches the pipe. so you dont have to do what everyone else does. and get brake fluid all over your new pipe, i sanded it off but still, its not chrome anymore, if u want ill take pics when it stops raining of where i did it, just dont buy fmf

250x#93
06-07-2003, 04:26 PM
I have some sort of dg head pipe and had a dg megaphone pipe, I ditched the silencer on it and kept the header, I then got a Pro circuit t-4 it didn't fit right on the head pipe, I had to cut some off of the head pipe and bend the pipe on the silencer some, It now fits fine and runs good and I got good gains on the power side of things:devil:

Diedrich
06-07-2003, 06:31 PM
get a whole new exhaust system man..dont buy the FMF..get a curtis sparks, lrd, or TC