PDA

View Full Version : grab bar

RoadkillerRyan
06-07-2003, 01:30 PM
I want to buy a grab bar thats big and long. i want to be able to pop and wheelie and not have to worry about flipping, cause i did it today and it hurt.
so whats the best/bigest garb bar
and i want a bumper that would look nice on my yellow 400ex what do you think the best would be?

speedy400
06-07-2003, 01:46 PM
umm just remember, longer= more leverage for the subframe to bend, just keep that in mind-darren

RoadkillerRyan
06-07-2003, 01:50 PM
aw damn your right:eek2:

Nausty
06-07-2003, 02:18 PM
man, keep it stock. Were you riding a wheelie up a hill or something? Let go at least next time. I use to go on the wheelie bar all the time but next time just keep your foot by the brake ready to hit it. Really though the stock wheelie bar is enough imo to where you pretty much gotta try to flip it over with the exception of when you don't come back on right like you were doing one out of a donut or out of bicycling.

Not to be a show off but just to show I know a thing or two about wheelies:

RoadkillerRyan
06-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
man, keep it stock. Were you riding a wheelie up a hill or something? Let go at least next time. I use to go on the wheelie bar all the time but next time just keep your foot by the brake ready to hit it. Really though the stock wheelie bar is enough imo to where you pretty much gotta try to flip it over with the exception of when you don't come back on right like you were doing one out of a donut or out of bicycling.

Not to be a show off but just to show I know a thing or two about wheelies:

ya your right, damnit your always right heh:blah:

Ryan
06-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Well If you really screwed yours up bad.... I think RPM makes strong grab bars. Don't always rely on it.

And do what Nausty said.....

quadfamily
06-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Nausty doesn't have HIS right foor near the brake!

Nausty
06-07-2003, 03:48 PM
lol, i never hit the grab bar anymore tho but beleive me. I keep it ready when i'm in 4th gear wheelies and up.

250x#93
06-07-2003, 03:49 PM
I like wheelies:devil:

ny300exrider
06-07-2003, 03:55 PM
ac:D

RIjon
06-07-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm a retard that can't seem to do wheelies :ermm:

Stevie-D
06-08-2003, 05:13 AM
I want to buy a grab bar thats big and long. i want to be able to pop and wheelie and not have to worry about flipping, cause i did it today and it hurt.

DG makes a 6-pack rack that is pretty darn long...looks like crap IMO, but it will definately keep you from goin over....

...or...you could go to the local machine shop and have them fabricate a custom wheely bar, then have them weld it onto your swingarm somehow:huh :p

kicken250x
06-08-2003, 06:00 AM
you guys are wussies!!lmao j/k but seriously tho, i dont even run a grab bar. i feel it makes me better when riding wheelies because im always that much more careful. i do some of the stuff nausty does and ive never went over. its alot more challanging to ride a can-can(i think thats what its called) wheelie with out one tho:p