PDA

View Full Version : Stator prob

hawiianpwr
06-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Have you guys ever had your stator go out on your 400ex? I'm about 95% sure it went out on my quad. I put on an MSD ignition on about 8 months ago. Its ran perfect up to this last weekend. I went to the Genoa Jambroee and I drove about 200 feet and she quite on me. We spent about 4 hours looking at every connection, Even went back to the stock ignion but I still dont have any spark. I talked to a shop that was down there and he also said he was positive that it was the stator. What do you guys think?

CoorsMan
06-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey when in doubt! Call Ricky Stator, or email him reallyt great guy to talk to. He knows his $hit. If it is ur stator, get one from Ricky.

Good Luck

Coorsman

White_Knuckles
06-10-2003, 06:27 AM
You can read the stator output while cranking it over with a volt/ohm meter. The proceedure is EZ. You may need a manual to connect the correct points.

They usually will run on battery until it discharges but I'm not sure with your model.

Solving for no spark may be the coil output not the stator. Swap the coil if you have a spare. Stator failure is unlikely and an expensive experiment.