PDA

View Full Version : junk raptors

hippy440
01-06-2002, 11:10 AM
i've been riding with 2 guys on raptors both have broke the grab bar off and the plastic ignition bracket yesterday one of them broke the tierod in half where the threads are by the wheel.. what a JOKE!!!

Sleeping Catfish
01-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by hippy440
i've been riding with 2 guys on raptors both have broke the grab bar off and the plastic ignition bracket yesterday one of them broke the tierod in half where the threads are by the wheel.. what a JOKE!!!

i have heard of a lot of broken tie rods at bluetraxx.

JustRace
01-06-2002, 11:24 AM
And what are they doing to brake the grab bar off? No grab bars just brake off.:huh

01-06-2002, 11:35 AM
My cousin (Guy660R) has a Raptor and I have broken the grab bar off of his bike twice! I broke the stock grab bar and a DG grab bar. It must just be the Yamaha design or something. Bad angle or something, I don't know.

Jeff
01-06-2002, 02:56 PM
Thats a Craptor for ya ;) ! POS!

goochy
01-06-2002, 10:01 PM
It is because Honda riders are not use to that much POWER!!!!!!! They are flipping the 660r over. My tie rods are still good! Now my tranny, 2nd gear is another story!!!!!! I have a racing tranny now, 11-1 Je piston, Webb cam, and spring kit, and head work done. I have had a 440 ex, and the Raptor, with alittle work is the fastest, best quad on the market. Yes I lowered it, made it wider, ft&rear, fixed some parts that should not have broken. It will fly now, handles great too! My 440 had, bent axle, clutch,sub frame, streeing stem, other parts to break too! ATVs are going to break if you ride them. so do not call it junk. because all Honda is going to see is the rear end of it!!!!!!!!!:blah

01-06-2002, 10:07 PM
power, i rode a raptor and it was a joke. my stock 400 felt like it had more balls

goochy
01-06-2002, 10:27 PM
You are correct, the STOCK Raptor SUCKS!!!!!!!! ,But mine is not stock!! After the mods on mine it is the fastest quad I've ridden. Power to climb any hill, wheelie any gear, its great! Handles great to, after a few mods. I waited, for Honda, but thier balls are not big enough yet, all they care about are dirt bikes!!!!!! And ATVs out sell dirt bikes!!! What gives Honda!!!

01-06-2002, 10:35 PM
honda dosen't have to work on there quads and thay still beat yamaha. Yamaha and their weak frames that bust and twist hitting a bump. yamaha only care about putting a big motor in and give nothing to the reat of there stuff.poor berings,poor adjusters. my neighbors blasters front bumper fell off a hour after he bought it and kept losing bolts till he had to take it back and have every bolt tightened. YAMAHA = JUNK

SGA
01-07-2002, 07:08 AM
Just remember since there is no flames forum inappropriate/harsh threads or replys will be deleted on the spot. NO EXCEPTIONS. SGAEXER (MODERATOR)

01-07-2002, 10:58 AM
The only reason you guys dis yamaha is because you are jelous that you don't have one!

JustRace
01-07-2002, 11:58 AM
Well if I wanted to talk about yamaha's I would either go to the non-HONDA forum or a yamaha site. Last I knew this was exriders. Not raptor riders.

01-07-2002, 01:08 PM
i agree this is a honda forum people in honda should not care if it dont get to carried away... like *** ** ***** something like that but not buy saying something is junk. thats weird. what i read in this thread so far i didnt see anything bad . i had a yamaha dirtbike year or 2 ago and bolts and junk came off about made me wreck.sproket droped because of the bolts then the chain got caught under the countersproket and locked up and i slid for ever i am glad i didtn get nervous i woul dhave had bad road rash. i took it back they tighten them and the n the came loose again then i sold the pos. motor was good though

4punksdad
01-07-2002, 01:17 PM
headed to the non-honda forum

01-07-2002, 01:40 PM
I have never been riding with a yamaha rider who didn't have to stop and fix something on there quad, not once. I can say the same for honda too, my little trx125 would snap a tie rod almost every time I rode it(damn that no suspension), but my new hondas have no problems. Also why would you buy a raptor if you cant race it, you cant have more than 445cc's or something. I'm not saying that a raptor is a bad quad just seems their always broke down.

4punksdad
01-07-2002, 03:02 PM
this thread is counterproductive. I am locking it.