View Full Version : St. Anger-Metallica

kicken250x
06-07-2003, 08:44 AM
i dont know about this one guys...:( it doesnt have that trademark metallica sound...you know how they used to be all deep and james sounded really deep voiced? not anymore, it sounds like they tuned the drums up or something. idk its not what i expected. the lyrics are pretty good its just the music that kinda messed it all up...:ermm:

i give it a C+/B-.....:(

kicken250x
06-07-2003, 08:51 AM
idk...the more i think about it the more it goes down...im at about a C- now...:(

-=Skot=-
06-07-2003, 09:05 AM
thats odd, i've never heard kirk hammit sing in any of metallica's songs, he is a wicked guitarist though. But your right about the sound, JAMES's voice does sound different.

infantry317
06-07-2003, 09:10 AM
I've always loved metallica, seen them live 3x, but this new stuff is SO stripped down and sophomorish. Weak indeed...:rolleyes:

kicken250x
06-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by -=Skot=-
thats odd, i've never heard kirk hammit sing in any of metallica's songs, he is a wicked guitarist though. But your right about the sound, JAMES's voice does sound different.

HAHAHA yea i just realized that my self befor i read your post i was reading mine and i was like....wait a minute here...thats wrong. haha but what does everyone else think of it?

GETSOME
06-07-2003, 10:08 AM
I have been dissapointed with their last couple of albums. The were doing better when they came out with "ride the lightening"

Atreyu
06-07-2003, 10:12 AM
I have despised them ever since the napster inccident a couple of years ago. They proved their only in it fo rthe money, not the music. Thats why I'm not suprised they suck now, they've got enough money.

kicken250x
06-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BoySetsFire
I have despised them ever since the napster inccident a couple of years ago. They proved their only in it fo rthe money, not the music. Thats why I'm not suprised they suck now, they've got enough money.

good call! i wont buy any of their albums anymore. my moms b/f wanted this one is the only reason i heard it :p it wasnt worth the money...at all....

Black400
06-07-2003, 11:44 AM
It is a he!! of alot better than load and reload(atleast they stepped it up in my mind)! I like it:rolleyes:

hindelk
06-07-2003, 11:52 AM
watch these videos on this site there really funny :devil:
(its about the whole napster thing)
http://www.metallicasucks.com/page2.html

hindelk
06-07-2003, 11:59 AM
heres probably the funniest one

http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/napsterbad/metallicops_56k.swf

contains language:rolleyes:

kicken250x
06-07-2003, 12:20 PM
ive listened to the cd 2 more times since i last posted and it is starting to grow on me...:p this is my 3rd time through it and each time i find something new and kick out what i didnt. i think by the end of the night ill change it completely lol im back up to a B+ now lol:cool:

dj416
06-07-2003, 12:45 PM

my friend bought the cd so i just loaded it up on the computer and got me copy and whoever else wantts it on kaza:devil: but yeaf, its a difrent sount and i didnt really like it at first but its starting to grow on me too

06-07-2003, 03:59 PM
at first i hated it and now ive grown into it and it reminds me of the old metallica i love every thing they put out and i always will, over the years if u listen tot here different cds there music all evolves with the times

bansheeguy77
06-07-2003, 05:28 PM
i hate that cd...im ashamed to call it metallica. like u guys said james voice isnt as deep. the music is harder i think but its not as technical and his voice sucks

BassBunny26
06-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Metalquadrider
It is a he!! of alot better than load and reload(atleast they stepped it up in my mind)! I like it:rolleyes:

I agree...i really like the song....i think it's great!

-dEe-:devil:

kicken250x
06-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by -=Skot=-

i know this is an old thread but tonight i was watching the DVD that came with the cd and kirk IS singing back up! i have never even seen him stand behind a mic but 5 times in all the concert vedios ive see of them. so its pretty crazy to see him doing back up. jason used to do alot of that but now that he is gone he cant so i guess james made him and robert do it:p

bansheeguy77
06-18-2003, 03:42 PM
yeah i gotta admit the album grew on me...i listen to it now haha...still didnt pop the dvd in...might do that tomorrow. i like jasons backups better but kirk is so cool that hes ok haha.

kicken250x
06-18-2003, 03:53 PM
yea jason sounded fu(kin pissed off as hell when he sung. robert and kirk do a pretty good job but nothin like jason did. i just heard that jason is playing for ozzy now since robert is with them? does anyone know why jason left i heard it on the icon but i dont remember what they said

bansheeguy77
06-18-2003, 03:56 PM
kirk does ok...just its different than the usual metallica. yeah i seen jason is with ozzy too. from what i heard he just wanted a change like something new. hes an idiot but oh well

racerx573
06-18-2003, 04:07 PM
All I have to say is Kill 'Em All

...and Justice For All..

bansheeguy77
06-18-2003, 04:08 PM
i agree with that

phatswinn
06-18-2003, 05:18 PM
im sorry..but to me metallica isnt what they used to be, and im just trying to ignore that they came out with this crap:(

kicken250x
06-18-2003, 05:20 PM
this album is a WHOLE LOT better than freakin load or reload!

06-18-2003, 05:29 PM
its not as good as there old stuff but i like it just as much it does grow on u and i dont think its bad its just diff u can tell how they evolve each album

kicken250x
06-18-2003, 05:45 PM
good call!

when i first listened to it i thought it sucked! just because it didnt sound like their old stuff. but if i would have listened to it not knowing it was metallica then i would have been like "wow this owns! who the hell is this!?" and i am now that i have realized it is just different. its still not their old stuff:(

06-19-2003, 02:08 AM
:(

pbarr86
06-19-2003, 02:42 AM
Big MetallicA fan here and I love it.

And DUH, all bands are in it for money. I have never heard of a band saying nah, we want to just keep playing here in our basement for the rest of our lives, you just hold on to that million dollar contract.

That has got to be the weakest argument out there "They are just in it for the money" No freakin kidding jackass!!!!

:D

Paul

Bretmd94
06-19-2003, 04:45 AM
I always liked Metallica, and I recently finally heard this song. I really like it. Yeah the style has changed a bit, but it has too. Their old style was from the 80's. They said they wanted to try some new stuff. Personally I really like it. I heard the song and didnt know it was Metallica untill i recognised James voice.

I think it has a little of the Old Metallica mixed with a new heavy rock feel to it. It almost sounds like they are trying to get a little in front of the new heavy rock sound. I like it. If I was in the band i would be pissed about losing lots of money too.

I think they are going in a decent direction with their music, they could be going totally downhill like Limp Bizkit. 3 dollar bill was their best cd by far. They were actually original. I feel like Metallica is still keeping it somewhat original.

knighttime
06-19-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico
:(

hit the bong and listen again :eek2:

06-19-2003, 04:49 AM
there sound isnt like anyone elses too, of course there music is gonan change when they go from young angry kids to older happy adults with alot of money, how can they write about the same things if those things arent part of there life anymore

XANDADA
06-19-2003, 04:53 AM
Only heard two songs but it was a chore just not to change the channel. Everything from the black album on is just pathetic IMO...too bad I really like the old stuff:(

bradley300
06-19-2003, 04:58 AM

god forbid someone should be paid for their hard work:rolleyes:

listen again rico, its really a great album. all the songs are great, 2, and 9 are my favorites

honda350r
06-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Metallica SUX and should have all died in the bus roll over! They are the biggest sell out band ever! Losers I hate them!!

Every time the radio plays that lame St.Anger the station loses a listener!! METALLICA SUX !!!

edgerat
06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
This album sounds like a decent garage band interpretation of rap-rock. I think that James Hetfield needs to go back to singing lyrics instead of speaking them. St. Anger is a painful song to listen to because it sounds like "Metallica, The Spoken Word" I am huge Metallica fan but I just choose to not listen to this new garbage. Give me Puppets or Ride the Lightning any day.
Isaac

P.S. D- for St. Anger

sly400ex
06-19-2003, 08:45 AM
And Justice for All, was their last good album.......:rolleyes:

kicken250x
06-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Metallica SUX and should have all died in the bus roll over! They are the biggest sell out band ever! Losers I hate them!!

Every time the radio plays that lame St.Anger the station loses a listener!! METALLICA SUX !!!

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

dude...you are in a basicly all METALLICA FAN THREAD! dont come in waylin on metallica, dude. if you dot like them thats all well and good i cant do nothin about it but damn dude keep it to ur self!

tants
06-19-2003, 03:05 PM
i think there getting too old...

IMO there new cd sucks

kicken250x
06-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by tants
i think there getting too old...

IMO there new cd sucks

i think the reason everyone, including my self, at one point thought it sucked is because we are used to old metallica. if you kinda block out the thought of it being metallica it is a kick *** album!:macho

06-19-2003, 03:17 PM
the fans seem to be "sell outs" more than the actual band

wyndzer
06-19-2003, 03:23 PM
The producer said they wanted to do something different. I wonder why people always stay the same and never try new things?

TC17
06-19-2003, 03:25 PM
...the guitar parts are too complicated and it sounds bad, it is WAY too thrassed, to repetitive. i really like the drums though. james sang the same note range as every other song.

zephead400ex
06-19-2003, 03:30 PM
St. Anger kicks ***!! Good song...about time they put out some good material! Ever since the Black Album, all of their stuff has sucked big nuts, til now. IMO

peace

-=Skot=-
06-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Please explain how in the hell they are a "sell out". your intitled to your opinion, but who did they sell out to and for what?:confused:

honda350r
06-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

dude...you are in a basicly all METALLICA FAN THREAD! dont come in waylin on metallica, dude. if you dot like them thats all well and good i cant do nothin about it but damn dude keep it to ur self!

Are you for real ? Personal attacks on who? If you say something about a group how can it be personal? you act as if they gave birth to you! I think the rules are, personal attacks against EXriders members not a stupid band !!!!!!

-=Skot=-
06-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Are you for real ? Personal attacks on who? If you say something about a group how can it be personal? you act as if they gave birth to you! I think the rules are, personal attacks against EXriders members not a stupid band !!!!!! I hear you on that one. lol. but for real who did they sell out to?

kicken250x
06-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Are you for real ? Personal attacks on who? If you say something about a group how can it be personal? you act as if they gave birth to you! I think the rules are, personal attacks against EXriders members not a stupid band !!!!!!

you know what the hell i ment....:rolleyes: :grr: but seriously dude...i was just readin some of megans old posts and you kinda remind me of her....going into threads you know that ur not going to like....going off and saying something uncalled for....:rolleyes: ...nice one...:blah:

bradley300
06-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
the fans seem to be "sell outs" more than the actual band
my thoughts exactly....... stand by your band!

JTRtrx250r
06-20-2003, 01:37 AM
bass players style dont fit the gig,he shreds but ......I still wonder the sound/style they'd have if Cliff was still breathin':( they started to fade after M.o.P.,that was the last of the old school:(

honda350r
06-20-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by kicken250x
i dont know about this one guys...:( it doesnt have that trademark metallica sound...you know how they used to be all deep and james sounded really deep voiced? not anymore, it sounds like they tuned the drums up or something. idk its not what i expected. the lyrics are pretty good its just the music that kinda messed it all up...:ermm:

i give it a C+/B-.....:(

It looks like you were out for other opinions! So I gave mine! Get a life DUDE !

NEW METALLICA SUX YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY!!!

SlapNutz
06-20-2003, 06:18 AM
:macho ,,.:macho :mad:

DEAL
07-03-2003, 08:54 AM
I think their new tunes are pretty good.

07-03-2003, 10:42 AM
there prime was load and reload if u ask me