PDA

View Full Version : Goggles Fogging

LapTraffic
06-07-2003, 05:26 AM
The anti fog spray crap doesnt work.

I've played paintball a bit and know they use small battery powered fans to keep airflow into the goggle. Anything like that for our goggles?

Sorry if that's a dweeb question.

QuadTrix6
06-07-2003, 05:43 AM
in dennis kirk they have the Smith Turbo Fan Goggles which have the liitle fan in them. They sell for $121.99 which is very expensive. Your best bet would be to buy some pro grips with the anti fog lens for only like 50 and they are scratch resistant and light sensitive too.

GNCC#829
06-07-2003, 05:47 AM
If your goggls are fogging up, you are riding too slow.:(
RIDE FASTER!!:D

LapTraffic
06-07-2003, 06:01 AM
The last race I ran had a LOT of traffic jams and a lot of deep mud. I dont think one rider finished with his goggles still on.

121 is VERY expensive.

dwcrash
06-07-2003, 06:56 AM
I tried the Scott no-fog cloth and it seemed to work really well last race. I think they are only like $2-$3

sylvan56473
06-07-2003, 08:22 AM
The "NO-FOG" cloths work great. For just a couple of bucks, all you have to do is fog up your goggles before wiping them with the cloth and they will stay fog free for quite a while.

cdalejef
06-07-2003, 10:25 AM
I run dual pane lenses, that solved my foging problem!

ravage3000
06-07-2003, 02:27 PM
i have a pair of oakley o frame snowboarding goggles and they will never fog up on ya:D . the best thing to do is get snowboarding goggles because they just don't fog up or you can get the snowmobiling goggles.:cool:

310Rduner
06-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Pro Grip light sensitive goggles are the BEST i;ve ever tried.
they are good against the sun, when they scratch you cant really tell when wearing them. My pair have Never fogged and ive had them a year. rocky mountain has them for 29 or 39 i believe..

also they have tear offs built in, but ive never used mine.

Bean
06-10-2003, 06:10 AM
goggles fog up when you are sitting still and breathing with them on, so i take them off, and put them on when i start going out to line up, and breath out of my nose to keep the air from the lenses till the race starts

redrizza
06-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Go Faster... My experience w/dual pane goggles is that you will quickly get dust in between the two lenses, than u can't get it out, and if it's muddy, you'll get moisture in between the lenses and then you have to wait for them to dry. Where single pane, you clean them between moto's, put them on when the 30second board goes up, go fast.... and they'll stay clean :)

cdalejef
06-10-2003, 07:05 AM
I haven't had either of those proplems with dual pane lenses. I hose them off after a muddy race and no moisture gets between the lenses!
In GNCC racing, you don't have time to stop and clean your goggles.

adam250r
06-10-2003, 07:14 AM
Take the lens out, and get some of the bullet proof contacts from Jeff.

redrizza
06-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I haven't had either of those proplems with dual pane lenses. I hose them off after a muddy race and no moisture gets between the lenses!
In GNCC racing, you don't have time to stop and clean your goggles.

Maybe your using a different brand.:p I have a couple pair of winter goggles for snowboarding, they're all Oakley's. Very true about gncc........ :)

Originally posted by adam250r
Take the lens out, and get some of the bullet proof contacts from Jeff.

:huh

cdalejef
06-10-2003, 07:38 AM
I'm using the Smith Warp goggles.
I'm dang lucky I didn't loose my contacts......I would have hit everything in the woods!:eek2:

redrizza
06-10-2003, 07:52 AM
I'm using the Smith Warp goggles.

I've got a pair of those for mx, with the single pane lense. I have a couple different pairs of goggles, and the Warps are by far my favorite pair. You can't get tare-off's for them though :( I know they have the roll-offs, but I prefer tare-offs.

Martin Blair
06-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by GNCC#829
If your goggls are fogging up, you are riding too slow.:(
RIDE FASTER!!:D

thats what i do

"BLAHH"300!!
06-10-2003, 06:54 PM
what'd you just call me Focker?
..you call me a Goggle?
you call me a Goggle Focker?

timewass
06-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Dual pane all the way. I have never had a fogging problem since I got them.

PhilMoore
03-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but could you guys please say:

"I got my dual pane lenses from (wherever)"

Or;
"I got these roll offs from (wherever)"

I know I got to get off my lazy ***** and do some searching, but if people would just put in more detail there wouldn't need to be so many threads, and topics, and posts about the same thing...

Anyway if you could just let everyone know where you got the stuff it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

BUCK442
03-24-2004, 06:47 PM
No Fog cloth works for me!;)

Predator19
03-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Try taking shaving cream and rubbing it on the lense......let it sit for a minute and then wipe it off good.....it works.

popo
03-25-2004, 06:33 PM
I run dual pane lenses, that solved my farting problem!

Say what.... where are you putting them to help your farting problems ^ The things these pro racers do...

bradley300
03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but could you guys please say:

"I got my dual pane lenses from (wherever)"

Or;
"I got these roll offs from (wherever)"

I know I got to get off my lazy ***** and do some searching, but if people would just put in more detail there wouldn't need to be so many threads, and topics, and posts about the same thing...

Anyway if you could just let everyone know where you got the stuff it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
i wonder where jeff@quadshop got his goggles? sometimes the answer is right in front of you and you dont even think about it! www.quadshopatv.com

300exQuadracer
03-28-2004, 09:53 AM
i run the scott 89 X turbo flow goggles, they are double lensed and have a vent at the top of the lense as long as you are rididng or have a little breeze they stay clear

Smokey
03-29-2004, 08:24 AM
We have drilled small holes in the lens to help the air move inside the goggles . That helps a little abut the Smith no fog clothe works great too.

Pappy
03-29-2004, 08:30 AM
anyone have any problem with goggles applying too much pressure on thier nose? ive tried several different brands and they all drive me nuts:( it presses right where you would apply like a breathe right strip.

smokey...thanks for the tip...drill is in hand:devil:

crayfz
03-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Pappy,I've had problems with them hurting, I switched to a helmet that didn't push down so hard on the goggle.

Smokey
03-29-2004, 12:39 PM
What all goggles have you tried Pappy ??? I had to use the Smith SMX because of my glasses (not a problem now) and never had that problem ....maybe you need a smaller or larger frame......

Pappy
03-29-2004, 04:32 PM
ill have to try a larger frame or maybe even a new helmut.

smokey , my wife saw me drilling holes in my goggles and i told her why and what not. she wants to thank you in advance.....she figures ill hit a water hole and drown:devil: she says you are invited to the after burial party:mad: :devil:

Smokey
03-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Maybe she has a large life insurance policy on you and she has a dream ??????????Besides if you drowned from some holes in the goggle lens then you are wearing them wrong and we just found out why they hurt your nose ......LOL.......

CBRSLIDER
03-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Found this stuff at Galayan's in Buffalo, NY. It's called Cat Crap. I know sounds like BS but it is in a small container like girls lip gloss or lip balm. You wash your goggle lenses really well then apply this stuff inside and out. Then you buff it out. It did really well for me last season in some pretty wet conditions. It claims to completely eliminate fogging but unfortunately it will return. You just have to apply it every couple races. Just make sure the lenses are really clean. You don't want to buff dirt swirls into a new lense.

Ray

EASTHILL
03-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Smith makes an anti fog cloth that works very well for 1 race.
Just fog up the inner side and wipe it out-instant results.

If your real hot and not moving your goggles may still fog-like at a bottleneck.

Roco makes a product called a quick-strap.

It replaces the original goggle strap with a button and velcro
holding assembly that works very well also.

If you need to Quick vent your face,you just pull the velcro side and the goggle swings to the button side.

Both products are available in parts unlimited or dennis kirk.

I wouldnt race without either one.

Good luck.