PDA

View Full Version : What kind of lug nuts?

Moded86R
06-06-2003, 05:34 PM
I am thinking about getting some douglas wheels with the ultimate centers.

Do they have the taper in them like the factory wheels.Or are they flat like regular aftermarket wheels?

Can I just turn the factory lug nuts around and put washers on them?Or do I have to buy a different type.

Thanks

Pappy
06-07-2003, 01:03 AM
you will need tapered lugs.....chef said he used the stock nuts turned backwards....but i didnt think they fit very well like that:ermm:

400exBro
06-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
you will need tapered lugs.....chef said he used the stock nuts turned backwards....but i didnt think they fit very well like that:ermm:

i did the same with burgard beadlocks... turned the stock nuts backwards(tapered side facing out wards) and put a was in between...

lil400exman
06-07-2003, 10:11 AM
i did that and they kinda look kool and work fine......... hope ur ur r id getting together well man

Mxbubs
06-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Burgard spins beadlocks now? You sure?:)

muff
06-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Burgard spins beadlocks now? You sure?:)

thats a yes and a no, he gets a douglas rim and welds on the beadlock and an inner ring

check out his parts at http://www.qis.net/~harlen/burgard/400EX.html

http://www.qis.net/~harlen/burgard/Images/Wheels-Front-Beadlocks275.jpg

Moded86R
06-08-2003, 03:13 AM
Yeah I hope she comes togother all right to.

I took the swingarm to a local shop to have new bearing put in it.The guy only wanted 20 bucks to do it.And I couldn't get the old one's out without cutting them.I figured for that price it wasn't worth the hassle.

I have 600 dollars saved right now.I am going to order a new pivot bolt and twin row carrier from baldwin motorsports.

Like I said I am going to buy some douglas wheels with the ultimate centers.They just look awesome.I am also going to get new holeshot mx's all the way around.

I need to get some new front wheels bearings and some other things and the chassis will be done.

Then I am going to replace both the center cases,crank,counterbalancer,Everything but the transmission.I am not sure on the top-end yet right now I am thinking ESR 265 cylinder.The only thing is I polished the one I have now and it is already ported and was fast.

bmw500hp
06-08-2003, 06:41 AM
Buy the right lugnuts! If you call douglas, 670-758-010 you can get them direct. Run the lugs reversed or whatever only untill you get the right ones....

Mxbubs
06-08-2003, 07:20 AM
Screw the honda pivot bolt. Go to your local hardware store and get a solid steel bolt. Take your old pivot bolt with you to match it up, you will have to get standard unless your local store has metric, which I doubt they do.

400exBro
06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
will running the lug nuts and a washer ruin the rims??, i can't see how they do, but i hope not... man i love these rims they are sweet, my rear end blings now:D i will be posting pics some time soon with them on my bike...

bmw500hp
06-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Don't say ya weren't warned...anyway, you mentioned you like the looks of your rims already, well you know how good they look with the full cap chrome lug nuts. Like icing on the cake man! Just call tomorrow and have em overnight.

400exBro
06-08-2003, 11:57 PM
i am kind of down on money right now, so i can't afford to get lug nuts sent across the boarder.... plus i think i will be getting a mud plug for it, becuase dirt gets to easily inside the rim....

also, i think mine have a slow leak some where, where do i look?? they didn't come with valve stems so i had to buy some, and put them in, they fit okay but i am thinking it is coming from them???