PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and HP questions??

rhandw69
01-05-2002, 11:50 PM
I have a 400 that has a few mods to it, im really curious about the power increase from a slip on and the whole exhaust system. I put on the WB E series slip on, and left the stock head pipes. Now im kinda wondering if i cut myself short of more HP by not going to a full exhaust. I noticed that in the Raptor exhaust shoot out the numbers were pretty impressive from stock exhaust to a full aftermarket exhaust. In alot of instances, the HP increases by about 10. Now when they did the shoot out with the 400ex slip on only, the numbers were increasing but not by near the large jumps that the raptor was having. Yes I realize im not going to get the exact HP of the Raptor, but what i would like to know is if by changing the headpipe and the whole exhaust, will my HP numbers increase more. If so,,,,what exhaust system.

R-Crazy
01-06-2002, 10:11 AM
yeah, you will get more hp out of a complete system, but I would say the e-series system is a rip off for about $400. I have the megamax 2 (FMF)complete system and it is great for the 300ex. you wont get the jumps the raptor had because they are different bikes and the raptor has more engine to gain hp on. I love my FMF, but all are good except DG and Cobra. Dont get them.

dave

Wheelie
01-06-2002, 11:38 AM
White Brothers, in my opinion, make ONE of the best aftermarket exhausts out there. For a stock 400ex a slip on is adequate, going to a full system might give you 1/2 to 3/4hp more. For the price difference between a slip on and full system, you could buy a piston and cam and get more HP for the $.

The Raptor #'s are padded a bit to make the system look better. The 10hp increase is not a midrange HP increase (midrange being where the quad makes the most hp), the 10hp comes into play well after the power curve starts the downward fall, right before it hits the rev limiter. (overrev)

Example, these are hypothetical #'s.
Stock Raptor puts out 34hp at 7000rpm, and 24hp at 9000rpm.

Piped Raptor puts out 39hp at 7000rpm (midrange power), and 34hp at 9000rpm (peak hp). Hence, the 10hp peak power increase.

No flame intended. Peace:D

Jeremiah

max400EX
01-06-2002, 07:34 PM
Ad 6 more discs and re jet ur slip on E-Series.