PDA

View Full Version : for those that ride 2-up...

spincr4hire
06-06-2003, 05:15 AM
(posted by KC on z400central)

From Friday's Lexington Herald-Leader:

Man faces murder charges in ATV death

A Harlan County man was charged with murder Wednesday after his all-terrain vehicle passenger fell from the ATV and died, state police said.

Leslie Cox, 18, of Evarts is facing murder charges after the incident on Hamblin Road. A statement from state police said that Donnie Joe "Joey" Stokes, 20, of 106 Harlan Street in Evarts fell off the Honda ATV about 5:42 pm.

Mr. Stokes was thrown from the ATV after Cox "steered," state police said. Mr. Stokes fell and struck pavement, the statement said.

Mr. Stokes was pronounced dead at Harlan Appalachian Ragional Hospital.

This is typical of many kentucky riding areas (cough, cough), Livingston especially.
I'm sure neither bone-head was wearing a helmet, either. Sad, but just another form of natural selection....:ermm:

TheRedRebel17
06-06-2003, 05:17 AM
I have to say that i have rode with one having 3 before. We all had helmets and didnt go fast at all though. But thats sad, and we all need to be careful

GETSOME
06-06-2003, 05:22 AM
Did this really happen, or is this an urban legand?:eek:

Str8Wicked
06-06-2003, 05:28 AM
those murder charges are very stupid. They are both over 18, they were both adults who knew what they were doing. No way the driver will be found guilty..... It;s like if someone dies in your car here in Cali without a seatbelt on. If the passanger who dies is under 18 and you are over 18 they can get you on involuntary man slaughter charges.... If the passanger is over 18 than they cannot do anything, it was his dcission as an adult not to wear a seat belt. Shoot, the cops can't even give a ticket to the friver for the passanger not wearing a seat belt if the passanger who is not wearing one at the time is over 18....

Just my 2 cents...

GODoGO12
06-06-2003, 05:32 AM
wow, that sucks, they should have been wearin helmets though

Pappy
06-06-2003, 05:38 AM
im no lawyer...but maybe a manslaughter charge IF they could prove the operator was gross negligant :confused2