PDA

View Full Version : ATC 250R..(?'s)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-06-2003, 12:45 AM
hey ya'll.
..I might have stubled into somethin

..found a 250R motor..
guy's a good freind, said he had a liquid cooled, atc, 250, trike.
said he wassn't certian of the year, but it might be a 84,85 model.
I mean,....that's when they got good right?...86' they released they the TRX models,..
.what did they change, when they went from ATC, to TRX..
...(motor wise(pm me with deTAils, from swingarm to radiator)
guy's, i can get this pretty cheap...I'm not ganna stick it in a 300 frame, I doubt i find one of those close by, so it's on you...

said it runs good, it's a trike, so it's been wrecked,
.just replaced the forks,(used) bars,..things in front
rims don't match..must have a gold rim on it..i tink the fender's are all there, but not stock. I havn't seen it. he talk's nice of it, ....but that might be from memories

if i get this bike, witch i prolly will, i will sell the motor with a quickness....i don't need it...i run woods, i don't need all that clutch action...gas n go man....you guy's can eat it up...

with only that, let me know some things...
let's say it's a nice running' motor, prolly needs a once over..
only thing wrong "as is"........sprokett's,
(as far as i'm concerned, that's petty concidering it's age)

sly400ex
06-06-2003, 04:39 AM
If you can get it for a really good price, jump on it. They are definately strong motors!;)

JATV250
06-06-2003, 09:16 AM
The motors are the same until 1987. the stroke was changed a little in 87. if you don't want the motor pm me.

"BLAHH"300!!
06-06-2003, 11:23 AM
..JAY'
what up man, where are you in mississippi,
were ridin' tomarrow, down towards Utica..
guy's got some land out there,mainly deep woods,
but there's 2 creeks real close by,
we'll prolly ride those too,
it'll be my first ride on after my rebuild, so i'm not ganna be runing the ridge's too much tomarrow..i plan to hang out by the creeks and play in the sand.

i'm in Vicksburg, if you wanna hook up, let me know soon, couse i'm i'm prolly ganna load up here in a minute, and go to another guys house so we can get an early start
i'll give you my cell phone number if you wanna try to make it.

motor.
...when/if i get it, it'll be posted in the for sale forums. complete runing trike.

DEAL
06-06-2003, 02:13 PM
its either an 85 or 86 , prior to 84 the atc250rs were air cooled.
They made an 87 model but they are EXTEMELY rare because they banned trikes that year and most of the trikes that weren't bought in the first few weeks of being released were chopped up and their motors donated to engine repair schools or auctioned off.
Snatch up the trike and fix it up, an atc250r that is built right will rip on a Shee no problem.

JATV250
06-06-2003, 04:40 PM
"BLAHH"300!! I live in west point prob. 3 to 3 1/2 hours north of vicksburg. i was going to be in your neck of the woods sunday but not gonna be able to make it. i need a babysitter for my kids.Any volunteers so i can go ride?

"BLAHH"300!!
06-06-2003, 05:22 PM
i hear ya' man...well next time you get around this way, give me a PM, and well see about a ride.
what do you ride? what type of riding? any good ridin' area's up there? worth the trip?

JATV250
06-06-2003, 05:56 PM
I ride a 86 ATC 250R 3wheeler. i drag race, ride trails, sanddunes sandbars, whenever i get my nerve up climb hills. i also like to do a little flattracking. jsut wherever i can go wide open is good for me.
i ride one place up here thats preety cool. you would like it. oh yea i'm not much on riding around mudholes. i try to go around them or across them full speed.

Diedrich
06-06-2003, 06:29 PM
hey man why dont ya get that motor and do a lil dealin with me?