PDA

View Full Version : who has used a rev box?

cals400ex
06-05-2003, 06:18 PM
i was just wondering if anyone gained any performance from a rev box. i know not much is expected. however, my friend put a sparks box on and he gained some top end. his engine is stock too. he just has a pipe and K&N filter. he didn't gain a ton but it is noticable when we race. we were even and now at the end of 4th and in 5th he pulls where i don't have a change to catch up. i have been told that the white brothers does not give any performance but just raises the rev limit. the big gun is supposed to give a full 2 horsepower but i highly doubt it. any comments would be great.

yello300ex
06-05-2003, 06:25 PM
i have a sparks pipe and uni filter and my friend had the same thing and when i put on the sparks rev box and advanced timing key i got a good gain in all gears and i beat my friend by about a bike and a half and he has sparks pipe and uni filter...if u can id get advanced timing key with the rev box cuz it seemed to help my bike out a lot

Dune Surfer
06-06-2003, 05:25 AM
I have one. I think they work best on built engines. Stock moters stop making power before they kick in. Build a high comp race engine and I like them.

cals400ex
06-06-2003, 07:52 AM
i honestly don't think i want to try to adjust the valves with that key in place. otherwise, i would have one.

06-06-2003, 08:08 AM
don't waste your money :blah:

Diedrich
06-06-2003, 08:34 AM
i have one but i got it when i had a 330 engine that was built pretty good and would run..i hit the stock rev limiter alot when racing so i got Profab to modify my box