View Full Version : Got my motor back (+ blahh's an idiot)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Woo-Hoo, it's about time man.
...went and picked up my motor today, $200 for him to replace the left engine case, bore the cylinder, instal a cam, and new piston. :eek2: ...damn good deal.
...I was so happy when i picked it up, i had to stop at the store on the way home just to wipe :blah: haha..oops

I remember the motor being fairly esy to take out, man was it a bich to get back in..scratched my chid all up..sux..oh well.
..I was being lazy, left the front plastic on, and removed the gas tank from under it.. :rolleyes: it went in..i got it in bolted it down,
stuck the tank back on and realized i hadn't put the carb on yet :mad: had to take all the back off..now i got the tank carb motor, and everything bolted down nice so i start hokking up wire's..damnit..forgot to adjust the clutch cable by the starter...
.i'll have to redo all that again tomarrow..too late now..

i went to get all the other things i'd need, pipe, reverse cable, reverse leaver, shift leaver....and realized i had lost my head pipe...how do you loose a head pipe...prolly find it tomarrow....
..well guess what..I PUT THE SHIFT LEAVER WHERE THE REVERSE LEAVER GOES...what an idiot...now i can't get it off..haha...
...i'll get it all squared away tomarrow.

...i just got too ahead of myself, eager to hear it run...but i can't ride it now anyway....my buddy has my air bow,boot, filter..so he can make the new box right....

anyone ever had plroblems like these?....hey, want me to rebuild your's?:D

"DIEDRICH"
...That stock cam looks great man...not a scratch on it.
i'll send it out when your half get's here..

trueblue450
06-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Poor Blahh.......

Well it always seems like that stuff happens when youre in a rush. I bet it will haul now..

good luck! :o

CowsBitePeople
06-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Anything that can go wrong will go wrong....Happens to me all the time....Good luck with it :macho

"BLAHH"300!!
06-05-2003, 03:27 PM
....i already planned on loosing a few bolts.maybe forgetting where/how to rewire everything..(that was simple though)
but a headpipe?....

i may never know how it runs, if i can't get this shift lever off the reverse shaft.

06-05-2003, 03:44 PM

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
i have a spare supertrapp header for a 250x/300ex sittin in my attic somewheres

"BLAHH"300!!
06-06-2003, 12:49 AM
the pipe's out there man....i just couldn't find it "snap" right then.
..it's streight..i was just writin' some dumb................stuff.

quaddict53
06-06-2003, 05:03 AM
that kinda stuff happens to me everytime i work on mine....the other day i was takin my a-arms off so i had the front end up on a jack stand. I had the calipers off the discs just hangin under the arms by the brake lines. Well, i'm a complete moron and i forgot to put the quad in gear, so when i went to break the a-arm bolts loose, they were so tight that in tryin to get them loose i lifted the front end a bit. The whole quad rolled backwards off the stand and the a-arms came smashing down on both my calipers. Took huge chips outta my cement floor. Luckily the calipers didnt crack and since the calipers were under my a-arms it kept my discs from gettin bent.:D :eek2:

sly400ex
06-06-2003, 05:10 AM
No biggie Blahh....***** happens!!!!!;)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-06-2003, 11:34 AM
....found it...
man get this...my nephew thought my head pipe made a good snorkel :eek2: he was using it as a snorkel in his swiming pool..
he's 4 or 5, just old enugh to get into things,

he had a black ring around his mouth haha..
."taylor, i'm not mad, but did you pick up a funny lookin'g pipe, and take it off somewhere"....."you mean the snorkel"?
all's good now, got it all back together, still need to tighten my chain, (no allen wrench), and my buddy still has my air box and stuff...i'll get that tonite...i stuck a sock over the carb, with a rubber band, so i could start the break in.
..i deffinatly feel a differance in power.....i don't know if it's the new tire's, but it set me back when i started off, nothing compared to ya'll big bore 400's i know...i feel like i chose some good mods for it....
still breakin' it in, so i havn't really gottn' on it yet.

question...is tomarrow morning too soon for the first oil change?
it's cooling right now, but i'm ganna keep running it off n on today, and on into the night untill i feel like i can open it up.

anyone have a link to the break in procedure's?

Diedrich
06-06-2003, 11:41 AM
i sent the money out thrusday man...haha stupid **** happens to me like that all the time..glade to hear you got it running

kabd69667
06-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
That was really a helpful post man....thanks!!:rolleyes: