PDA

View Full Version : All mixed up!

deepcj7
06-05-2003, 01:17 PM
What do you guys think about me mismatching my shocks? Currently I have PEP ZPS triples on the front and I want to get Axis ZPS, SSD (whatever they call it) triples for the rear. Reason for mismatching is the wait time for PEP. I know it's a few hundred more, but after riding on the PEPS I can't wait any longer to fix the rear end. I convinced my wife by telling her it was for the sake of safety and safety is paramount!! LOL! What do you guys think? Thanks:cool:

deepcj7
06-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah, who has the best price?:chinese:

derekhonda
06-05-2003, 02:53 PM
yeah you really can do about anything you want, i have pep fronts and a stock rear, so i mean mix and match all you want. The only reason many people have matching front and rear is they either buy them all at once from the same company or just dont want their quad to become like a mut (like houser a-arms, elka front shocks, burgard swingarm, axis rear shock, lonestar frame, rpm axle, get the picture?) they would rather just run one set of shocks from one company and all the other components from another company.

bongwater200
06-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Thats B.S. about the "mutt" comment. For the best performance, you should always buy equipment that complements what you already have, or buy things that work together to begin with! If you think mixing something like a set of Works front shocks with a PEP or Axis rear will work just as well as a matched set, then you better quit drinking the bongwater! In your case, CJ7, I think it will work out fine. Ultimately, it would be better to have the PEP ZPS rear to match your fronts, but I think the AXIS will do just fine for you. Just make sure to have AXIS set up your shock for the same specifications as your fronts are set for. These are two of the absolute BEST suspension companies in the industry, and they should work as well together as anything!