PDA

View Full Version : Potato guns

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Post pics of your potato guns...

Warning: If any of you decide to recreate the material shown in this thread, i highly dont suggest it without doing some research with other designs and plans. These are weapons similair to guns and somebody could get seriously hurt with one of these things...Be Careful

Ben or mods: if this material needs to be deleted, go for it. I know i posted one earlier this week, but this is about pics and not plans, so i figured it would be ok.

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 12:51 PM
My ignition system

Glow Plug
06-05-2003, 01:05 PM
Ok in your oppion just another one of my dum *** posts so you probley won't be paying attention. When you posted simalar threads this week didn't you notice that they got locked? And i do really think that if people on this site did wan to make a potato gun they could easily do a search on google or some kind of search enigne to learn how to make one. So if your threads countine to get locked as well as the other 2 or 3 threads about potato guns this week have you not gotten the hint yet?

blondie69
06-05-2003, 01:08 PM
why do the threads get closed? are potato guns like...bad??:confused:

FourFiftyFour
06-05-2003, 01:14 PM
they are dangerous and junk thats why.... most ppl live in close vicinity to each other and so thats why.... but here..... i live on enough land we can shoot shotguns in my front yard :devil:

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
Ok in your oppion just another one of my dum *** posts so you probley won't be paying attention. When you posted simalar threads this week didn't you notice that they got locked? And i do really think that if people on this site did wan to make a potato gun they could easily do a search on google or some kind of search enigne to learn how to make one. So if your threads countine to get locked as well as the other 2 or 3 threads about potato guns this week have you not gotten the hint yet?

OMG....did you not see the subject was the same but the bodies were totally different? Who said anything about making them? I just wanted to compared everyones.

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick i live on enough land we can shoot shotguns in my front yard :d
they are dangerous and junk thats why.... most ppl live in close vicinity to each other and so thats why.... but here..... evil:

If built properly, racing quads is more dangerous than potato guns.

AtvMxRider
06-05-2003, 01:33 PM
I've got an idea.

STFU!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
06-05-2003, 01:35 PM
I hear it coming

Taco
Tater guns rule!!!!

batgeek
you say po tay toe, i say poh tah toe!!!

Glow Plug
06-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
OMG....did you not see the subject was the same but the bodies were totally different? Who said anything about making them? I just wanted to compared everyones.

Ok but when you posted a picture of your igniton i think anyone with some smarts could easly you took a end piece of PVC pipe cut a hole in it so a BBQ lighter fits sungly inside and taped the wires toget to produce some sort of spark am I right?

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Ok but when you posted a picture of your igniton i think anyone with some smarts could easly you took a end piece of PVC pipe cut a hole in it so a BBQ lighter fits sungly inside and taped the wires toget to produce some sort of spark am I right?
Do you post pics of quads because you want to teach everyoen to build them:confused2

Glow Plug
06-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Do you post pics of quads because you want to teach everyoen to build them:confused2

not as much as people simplly post quad pitures. But i don't think this is potatogunriders.com do you?

batgeek
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
CAT FIGHT!!!

raawwrrr!!!

AtvMxRider
06-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Man WTF cares. Glow plug if you don't like his thread stay the **** out of it.

Glow Plug
06-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
CAT FIGHT!!!

raawwrrr!!!

haha

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 01:56 PM
not as much as people simplly post quad pitures. But i don't think this is potatogunriders.com do you?

Hey, ever heard of a open forum?...Wait your in it :rolleyes:

phatswinn
06-05-2003, 02:23 PM
My ignition system

i had one of those on mine until one of my friends put the tater in and the hairspray the taped the end on the ground and almost blew his face off, i stick witht he flick turny kind now

derekhonda
06-05-2003, 02:36 PM
honestly, that is the worst location for that ignition system, the first piece to blow off is that endcap, and thats right where your hand is going to be. I have a grill lighter too, but it is mounted on the sides with the wires running to the back and then wrapped around screws.

kicken250x
06-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
i had one of those on mine until one of my friends put the tater in and the hairspray the taped the end on the ground and almost blew his face off, i stick witht he flick turny kind now

i have one that is taller than me (im like 6 ft) and i have a 2 pole ignition on mine that uses 2 bolts. it will shoot a potato through a 1/4 in piece of ply wood. its pretty sic! the next one i build will be numatic (air powered) and made out of steel, hopefuly big enough to shoot like 24 oz drink bottles:devil:

TheRedRebel17
06-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
honestly, that is the worst location for that ignition system, the first piece to blow off is that endcap, and thats right where your hand is going to be. I have a grill lighter too, but it is mounted on the sides with the wires running to the back and then wrapped around screws.

I consider that when making it. I was planned to just that same endcap for some different guns. I think i have it in there pretty good, i'll be extra careful around that part though...thanks for the heads up

PHIL_B54
06-05-2003, 04:55 PM
have you ever seen pvc explode??? well it shatters and send spinters everywhere

when i made mine, i wrapped it in duct tape 2-3 layers on every surface except end of barrel and end cap, i got the idea from the govt in california renforcing bridges and other stuff by wrapping it in some poly tape stuff and it looks like :bandit: (mexican)chrome

another suggestion is to use lysol instead of hairspray. hairspray will make your threads sticky, and airfreshners are made to atomize instead of coat, i think it lights and burns better

just be careful

racerx573
06-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Get PSI tested piping only.

TheRedRebel17
06-06-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
Get PSI tested piping only.

yea, that is crucial. I THINK i got 260 PSI, which IMO is plenty.

NTPRacing#19
06-06-2003, 05:03 AM
just get some schedule 40 pipe and some ETHER!! lmao, used that stuff a few times and that potato was screaming OH SHHHIIIIT

TheRedRebel17
06-06-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
just get some schedule 40 pipe and some ETHER!! lmao, used that stuff a few times and that potato was screaming OH SHHHIIIIT
hmm..where can i get this ether stuff?:devil:

kicken250x
06-06-2003, 09:44 AM
im not useing PSI rated pipe but i did take the time to wrap it in mass amounts of duct tape because i have seen water pipes that werent pressure rated explode in a trailer park once so i know what can happen.

i use right gard spray deodrent it works good...leaves a pretty rank smell but it works lol

the coolest thing u can shoot out of one is a potato with a model rocket engine in the back of it! wet the fuse with gas and let it fly! it looks awesome! try it with sparklers to! later yall

Scott-300ex
06-06-2003, 09:58 AM
lantern flint worked well for us but you have to replace it to often so we used a long barbecue lighter and put caulk around it and other stuff.

what is fun to shoot is take the cap of a hairspray can (if it is the correct diameter) and stick it in the barrel about halfway then stick a golf ball on top of it

worked good for us

just don't kill anyone and always USE CAUTION, wear saftey glasses, or even your riding helmet, lol

Derek
06-06-2003, 11:20 AM

O i didnt think this was Bayou220riders.com, correct me if im wrong.:rolleyes:

Crazy4bluEx
06-06-2003, 12:13 PM
take a golf ball *or a trailer ball*, and wrap it in aluminum foil untill it fits in their snuggly, then let it RIP..... :eek2: :eek2: it goes ALONG way, if you use the trailer hitch *ball* it will make concrete *disintagrate*

*K*

kabd69667
06-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Derek

lmao.....these threads just keep getting better and better :rolleyes:

upstate rider
06-06-2003, 01:15 PM
TheRedRebel17 please don't take this the wrong way but this thread could be a bad thing to those that don't know what there doing. I seen almost 30 years what happened to someone that didn't know what they were doing there lucky tobe alive. The guys face was marred for life even after many times of plastic surgery. I would hate to see someone get hurt and that could happen very ease........ Just my 2 cents

hessianmx111
06-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Derek
buuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn

racerx573
06-06-2003, 02:41 PM
:devil:

kicken250x
06-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
:devil:

i hate you....yours is sexier than mine! lol:macho

kicken250x
Originally posted by kicken250x
i hate you....yours is sexier than mine! lol:macho

potato gun that is...:p

400exrules
i know a few ppl i'd like to bust in the face with that sometimes

RoadkillerRyan
06-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i know a few ppl i'd like to bust in the face sometimes

Ben
06-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Seriously guys, this is a dangerous practice. The mods and I have asked you to please not post this kind of hazardous material on here. Do I have to actually make a new rule about it? Just use common sense. ;)